Old 12-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #1
tpr261
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9550
PIN: 312AD0AD
Carrier: Verizon
Default 8130 Skin/Case

Please Login to Remove!

Newbie to the Pearl 8130 and have a question. Is Seidio making a 1250maH battery and door yet for the 8130? If so, do they have the rubbberized skin and case to fit? I thought that I had found it, but bad weather knocked my PC off and I can't remember what site I was on. Maybe I'd found the accessories for the 8100 and just wasn't paying attention.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:46 PM   #2
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr261 View Post
Newbie to the Pearl 8130 and have a question. Is Seidio making a 1250maH battery and door yet for the 8130? If so, do they have the rubbberized skin and case to fit? I thought that I had found it, but bad weather knocked my PC off and I can't remember what site I was on. Maybe I'd found the accessories for the 8100 and just wasn't paying attention.
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Seidio's super thin rubberized hard case for Blackberry 8130 is available!

SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE FOR PEARL II - CSR2YBB8130-BK
Old 12-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #3
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

This case is great and the belt clip also, just ordered it about five minutes ago. They have the best products around.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

if you have a verizon store close by, you might wanna grab the skin case there so you don't have to pay shipping and handling on a seido case... i picked one up a month ago for $12.99 and have been very happy with it. i compared it to the pictures on the seidio website and they're virtually identical... i'm surprised they're getting away with charging $29.95 for the same thing Verizon sells for $12.99.... if anyone wants pictures of the case Verizon sells, let me know and I'll be happy to post some.

not trying to crack on Seidio -- i'm sure their case is fantastic quality... just trying to save some folks money since it seems like the exact same product for more than twice the price.

Rob
Old 12-30-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
krnjason

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A

Rubber = dust magnet
stay away!!!

flac plate/ back plate multi coloered

8120/8130 - Mobiado, SonyEricsson, Accessories Store, Microsoft, Motorola, Alcatel, 3G, LG,

Last edited by krnjason; 12-30-2007 at 06:28 AM..
Old 12-30-2007, 02:38 PM   #6
tpr261

Rob I think that we may be talking about two different skins. The Seidio one is the rubberized hard case that is $29.95. I was inquiring as to whether they had the rubberized case to fit and extended battery for the 8130 like they do for the 8100. Thanks for your suggestion though, I'm always about saving a few dollars. I tell you though, after using Seidio stuff for years on my 7520 and 7100i, it's hard to find fault, price or not. I've never had any of their stuff give up the ghost on me.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
tpr261

Update via PM-Just FYI- The extended battery and rubberized hard case for it are NOT available yet. The rubberized hard case and holster are available for the 8130 at this time. No timeline on the battery as of yet.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:46 PM   #8
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpr261 View Post
Rob I think that we may be talking about two different skins. The Seidio one is the rubberized hard case that is $29.95. I was inquiring as to whether they had the rubberized case to fit and extended battery for the 8130 like they do for the 8100. Thanks for your suggestion though, I'm always about saving a few dollars. I tell you though, after using Seidio stuff for years on my 7520 and 7100i, it's hard to find fault, price or not. I've never had any of their stuff give up the ghost on me.
they ARE different skins (made by different manufacturers), but are almost identical... it looks like the Seidio version may be a little thicker, thus offering slightly more protection... personally, i'm very happy with the verizon "silicone cover" because it wraps securely around my 8130 for a perfect fit and doesn't create any extra bulk.... the Seidio version probably offers slightly better protection because of the added bulk... just personal preference i suppose, but i can certainly vouch for the fact that the difference in price does not indicate less quality in this case.... just less thickness. check out the pics of both cases side by side below:

Rob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb_8130_black_cov.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	10202   Click image for larger version

Name:	pearl2_bk.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	10203  
Old 12-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #9
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronx View Post
they ARE different skins (made by different manufacturers), but are almost identical... it looks like the Seidio version may be a little thicker, thus offering slightly more protection... personally, i'm very happy with the verizon "silicone cover" because it wraps securely around my 8130 for a perfect fit and doesn't create any extra bulk.... the Seidio version probably offers slightly better protection because of the added bulk... just personal preference i suppose, but i can certainly vouch for the fact that the difference in price does not indicate less quality in this case.... just less thickness. check out the pics of both cases side by side below:

Rob
I think what he is saying is the Seidio one is a two piece hard case.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
I think what he is saying is the Seidio one is a two piece hard case.
ah okay, i see now.... from the pictures, it looks almost identical to the stretchy skin case i have... i didn't realize it was a 2-piece snap-together deal.... thanks for the clarification.

Rob
Old 12-31-2007, 12:34 AM   #11
Sinjiin

PIN: 301C9199
Carrier: Telus

Thanks for the info, people. I'm definitely going to check into these cases.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 AM   #12
tpr261

Rob, it is the two piece from Seidio. I just ordered it and requested Fedex overnight, so as soon as it comes in, I'll be back to post pics and a review for anyone interested in checking back. I have the silicone skin like your's on my Nextel 7100i, and it has been great when combined with the Seidio holster for skinned phones. My job precludes slipping my phone into my pocket, so I have to have a belt clip for easy access. The Seidio clip is fabulous, and I have gone through SEVERAL other models before settling on it. Thanks again for the pictures and the info.
Garrett
Old 01-05-2008, 05:19 PM   #13
tpr261

Default It's here!!!

Sorry for the delay on the review of the new Seidio rubberized hard case and skinned holster. We had to leave town for the holidays and I haven't had time to sit down and handle it.
The case fits PERFECT. It has a very nice grippy feel, even with damp hands, while still allowing easy access to all functions on the phone. The hard sided construction seems to provide much more protection than just a silicone skin. The holster works great as well, and although I don't know if they redesigned it, the clip itself seems more robust than the old one I had for my 7100i. You WILL NOT be disappointed with either. Seidio has the case and holster combo package for cheaper than buying each individually, so wrap that high dollar phone in something that will protect it. On the extended battery, no news yet on a timeline, since RIM uses a different battery for the 8130 verses the 8100. (per Seidio)
Please forgive the pic quality, but I thought they would at least give you an idea of how it all looks when assembled.
Take care everyone and Happy New Year.
Garrett
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	With Back piece in place.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	10282   Click image for larger version

Name:	With front piece in place.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	10283   Click image for larger version

Name:	In clip facing out.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	10284   Click image for larger version

Name:	In clip left side.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	10285   Click image for larger version

Name:	In clip right side.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	10286  

Old 02-02-2008, 11:56 PM   #14
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronx View Post

Rob

Is it me or does it seem that the silicon skin from Verizon doesn't have access to all of the function keys on either side of the device? It looks like there are openings for the headphone jack and the USB to charge it, but nothing for the MiniSD, of the sound rockers on the other side. I really like the silicon skin, because it is one piece, and I think it works with the Seidio skinned clip, but if it doesnt have openings for all of the functions, that seems to take away a little from the functionality. Can someone clarify? Thx
Old 02-03-2008, 01:06 AM   #15
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: N/A

The Blackberry Silicone skin covers the buttons, but provides raised silicone "buttons" for them...so you can find them by feel and provide good feedback when pressed. Quite nice, actually.
Closed Thread