BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #21
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Get Your Unlocked 9800 Torch Working on TMobile with Browser, UMA and DM Tetherin

Please Login to Remove!

That is correct. The UMA settings and the TCP/IP settings are lost after an upgrade.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
mental case
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 22BE65B2
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Re: Get Your Unlocked 9800 Torch Working on TMobile with Browser, UMA and DM Tetherin

13. Under "SEGW certificate" choose the TMobile Engineering certificate downloaded in the Step 1.

14. Under UMA protocol version: use "UMA v. 1.0.3"

15. Save your settings.

Reboot the device. UMA should now be enabled!

I may be missing something and forgive me if this is a silly question. Just got my torch yesterday and have followed the steps. but on the part noted above, where is says select the cert that I downloaded in step 1. I am lost as to how this cert gets to my phone. I downloaded it on my computer, and nowhere else do you mention getting it to the phone from the PC, can you help me on that one please? Do i need to copy it to the phone and If so where do I copy it to so that when I get to the selection process, it is selectable.

Also wondering, I completed the BIS portion or the tutorial and the built-in gmail works, not real time like it did on my 9700, but I notice that one does not allow for attachments. And when i select a photo and try to send via email, i get a message "No message service configured, you will be redirected to setup wizard to setup your email account".

Once I go there, I see my gmail account already there, am I missing something or doing something wrong??

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-24-2011, 11:58 AM   #23
John Clark
BBF Moderator

You need to download the certificates directly to your device. Use your device browser to download them.

Second, you don't need to manually install the service books for TMobile anymore. They will push down automatically now. I just tried it a few days ago and made a note in red in the first post.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #24
mental case
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 22BE65B2
Carrier: T-mobile

Thx John,, went in this morning and tried it again,, this time it completed the setup of my gmail. For some reason it just kept sitting on activating and would not finish. All seems to be working now. I really appreciate the info and guidance.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 AM   #25
ecrespin

PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisiv View Post
Hi John Clark,

i have followed you instruction but have an issue with

9. On the device go to the "Setup" icon. Select "Email Accounts." Select "Internet Mail Account." Hit the menu key and select "Service Books." Click "Send Service Books." This will resend your email service books.

when i select "internet mail account" (an option i did not have before) and press the menu key i get a screen which will allow me to select a different app. then when i return to the internet account i have a message "your device had a problem connecting to the server"

can you help me please

chris
Old 01-27-2011, 01:06 AM   #26
ecrespin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrespin View Post
Go to Manage Connections, uncheck Wifi. You can now manage and set up email accounts. If you haven't enabled UMA, you will see EDGE that allows you to connect to internet if you have the data plann.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 PM   #27
CrazyChili

Hey everybody,
I just purchased the torch, despite reading many mixed reviews. I was a bit hesitant but am super happy that i did, its a fantastic device. I am a former owner of the samsung galaxy android and was not very happy with it.

Anyway, i have been trying to get this UMA working and was having problems. I would put in the commands for the UNC server and the SEGW thing, rebooted the device many times and tried a whole bunch of different things to get it to work, going over everything over and over again making sure i got it right. Nothing was happening.

Finally i decided to use the other certificate, there are two of them, and it worked instantly. So just keep that in mind everybody if you are stuck like i was at that step.

Also to unlock that engineering screen with that code generator, try to play with it, every keystroke generates a new code, and sometimes it helps to reset and start over, if it means leaving the web page or refreshing the help screen, as that upload time will change. but it will work eventually.

***Almost gave up, cause i thought it wasnt going to work, but stick to it and you will succeed!***

Thanks for the help everybody
Old 03-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #28
ShiKhali

MAN I COULD KISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!! These instructions were so easy to follow and everything went very smoothly! UMA working perfectly!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #29
nkeibaby

Carrier: tmobile

Hi,
will UMA allow me to recieve BBM messages while on the phone? Right now I cannot send or recieve BBM while on the phone
Old 03-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #30
zhxrfu

Model: torch
Carrier: t mobile

Hi All,

Plz help me in this , m nt able to write up these below:
3. Go to Options >Device >Advanced System Settings >Service Book.

Do the following:

Type alt + s-b-e-b. You will not see anything as you type this but when you're done you should see a message that says "Legacy SB Restore Enabled." Click OK.

Where to type this. I ahve seen three options :

WAP PUSH CONFIG
WI-FI TCP/IP
WI-FI TCP/IP TRANSPORT.

How to write the above "Type alt + s-b-e-b." instruction and where.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #31
zhxrfu

Where to download Tmobile service books
Old 03-08-2011, 10:54 PM   #32
zhxrfu

Thanks for above steps,

I have stuck ..kindly help.

1. After performing all the steps till internet mail account. After pressing select key..prompting error"Your Blackberry Internet Service account is suspendedor deactivated. Contact your wireless provider."

Kindly help.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #33
John Clark
BBF Moderator

You need a BB data plan from your wireless service provider.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #34
naijabb

Hello,

I got the UMA installed but my email is still not working? Do i need to download the certificate to my phone? if i do, i did try it but there is no icon for downloading it to my phone. also, when i click on phone setup to install my emails, there are already 3 email accounts set up. when i click on it, i get the error "the application has encountered and error and cannot continue". Please help, thank you
Old 03-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #35
naijabb

anyone??
Old 03-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #36
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Did you try setting up your email on the Tmobile website?
Old 03-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #37
naijabb

How do i do that?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #38
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Unsupported Browser

You should have a picture of your BlackBerry on the page. If it doesn't show, then click the link to select your device (or a similar device). Once you do that then click on the device and options for BlackBerry services will come up and you can setup your BlackBerry email.

I'm assuming you have a BlackBerry data plan.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #39
naijabb

Yes i do have the plan. What is similar to 9800 for tmobile?
Old 03-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #40
John Clark
BBF Moderator

You can choose ANY BlackBerry device.