BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #1
brichbou

Model: 7200
Exclamation Calendar Sync only working in one direction

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I need some input on what I can look at to get this issue resolved. Here is what I have going on.

Enviroment: BES 4.0.6.7 - Exchange 2003 SP2 - AD 2003

Problem: Several users when creating appointments on their Blackberry, the appointment does not sync to their Exchange account - However appointments entered into Outlook will be sent to the Blackberry. All other bi-directional sync is working properly (Email, Contacts, etc). All syncronization is wireless.

What I have checked so far:
Bi-directional sync is enabled in BES for the calendar. The CDO.DLL file on our BES server is the same as the one running on our Exchange server (6.5.7638.2). I have even tried giving the BES service account Owner access to a user's calendar and that did not work.

One thing I do see that I'm not 100% sure about it that the BES service account is a member of a group that is denied Full Mailbox Access to the users mailbox. Does the service account need that type of access? I am not sure if this account was made a member of this group when I deployed BES.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks...
Old 12-07-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
tbdiscovery
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

I had the same issue. Do their contacts, tasks and memo sync? I tried to reactive on the BES and now I can't get back on.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
ajaibm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100v
Carrier: vodafone

hi
i had the same problem. it was the permission for the bes account it needed full access to the mailboxes remove the deny access to the mailbox permission.

Last edited by ajaibm; 12-08-2006 at 09:09 AM..
Old 12-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
punkinwing
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaibm
hi
i had the same problem. it was the permission for the bes account it needed full access to the mailboxes remove the deny access to the mailbox permission.
Actually, just the opposite.. I had this same issue and it was that the service account had TOO MANY privilages.. Read the access requirments for the service account and apply exactly as documented.. It'll work fine!
Old 12-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #5
Wino

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Can I get a link please to the article referenced for permissions? I have the same issue with one user with a 8703e and calendar syncing. His email and contacts sync ok. Using Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Have a crackberry server setup and logging in as user BESadmin. thank you
Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #6
StumpieThumbz

Model: 8700C

BESAdmin rights as follows

User groups in AD - Domain Users ONLY Builtin Admins is ok if BES install on DC

Right click First Administrative groups in ESM, select delegate control, make BESAdmin Exchange View Only Administrator.

Assign send as, recieve as, and adminster information store at each ex server level in domain in ESM.

Done...except local permissions...which really should be a factor.

With calendaring issues, there's really only 2 factors...CDO.DLL versions..which you've shown are fine...and permissions...Permissions NEED to be correct..otherwise, this is the result.

-Cheers.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #7
jeffdiamond

Model: 7130

After all this time and the thousands of BB's sold, has nobody come up with a solution? I see multiple people with the same issue! Who can we write or call to get the fix?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW
Default reapply the CDO

wireless calendar relies on CDO .. you have verified it's the same version so I would delete the blackberry one .. copy over the one from exchange and regsvr it.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
brichbou

Thanks for the input guys. Someone suggested that the blackberry service account needs full mail access. This is what I thought might be the problem. I don't have an audit trail, but the service account is a member of a group that denies FMA. I cannot remember if I configured this before, and someone went in after me and added this group membership back. I will try removing to this group and see if this fixes the issue.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #10
brichbou

Default It worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by brichbou
Thanks for the input guys. Someone suggested that the blackberry service account needs full mail access. This is what I thought might be the problem. I don't have an audit trail, but the service account is a member of a group that denies FMA. I cannot remember if I configured this before, and someone went in after me and added this group membership back. I will try removing to this group and see if this fixes the issue.

Looks like that did the trick! Thanks for all of the input!

Brantley
Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #11
jeffdiamond

Model: 7130
Thumbs up Solution to gain 2way sync from BB to Outlook Calendar

My company's computer & communications guy figured it out. I don't quite understand it but then again I don't need to. As long as it works and he's on it! But hope this helps the rest....

The service account was a member of other groups in active directory (Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins) that were explicitly denied some permissions within exchange (Send As, Receive As)
I created a new service account assigned only the permissions I needed in exchange and SQL then changed all the blackberry services on the BES to use the new account.
I also had to export the registry info from [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion] and log on as the new user and import it.
And run through the Configuration Wizard again for good measure.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #12
rta53
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Just wanted to say thanks guys for refreshing my memory about this issue. We just upgraded our server hardware and some of the exchange server settings didn't transfer over. We ended up with the 1-way calendar sync issue again. Once we checked the correct permissions we got 2-way sync again.
Closed Thread