BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #1
BB-8700G

Model: 8700g
Default 8700G TMobile... any success w/ PocketMac?

Please Login to Remove!

Wondering if anyone with an 8700G has had success syncing Contacts and iCal with their Mac.

If so, can you tell me which version of PocketMac you have, what Mac you own and anything you did to Preferences or any other set-up item? Thanks!

I continue to have no luck - I have the 8700G, PocketMac 3.13 and using my PowerBook G4.

Curious if it's even possible.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Not and 8700g but little or no issues with an 8700c...
Old 06-02-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
Blackberrynewbie

Model: 8100g
Default Works great

I sync my BB all of the time and I have great experience, what probelms are you having?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
anthonymoody
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I have a g4-based mini, 1.42ghz, a gig of ram. I use pocketmac 3.12 and os 10.4.6 and can sync no problem.

TM
Old 06-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
fishmacberry

just got the 8700g t-mobile yesterday. pocketmac worked well with PB G4. synced ical and address book no problems so far.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
Hunter5117
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700G

The one time I did a true sync (just earlier this week) with my 8700g and Entourage on my Mac everything synced fine but the names of callers in my Call Log on the Bb were all screwed up. I haven't tried it again and am thinking of getting a hosted BES to solve the problem.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #7
Eliz

Just got the 8700g and downloaded pocketmac 3.13 for blackberry. Running an iMac G3 OSX 10.4.6. I can't get this software to work at all - when I attach my Blackberry and open the software iPhoto opens (?), when I try to sync I keep getting the same message: "the application ERimContacts quit unexpectedly".

I tried reinstalling software with same result. Is anyone else having these problems?
Old 06-06-2006, 07:40 AM   #8
BB-8700G

Default 8700G TMobile... any success w/ PocketMac?

Good to hear it's working for some.

My experience is that PocketMac 3.13 takes some of the contacts from my Address Book, but not all of them. Seems to be a random 300 out of 1000. Can't see why it takes what it does...

At the end of the sync process, PocketMac crashes -- maybe it reaches something in my Address Book that crashes it, but it's not like it gets to "H" and then quits.

Well, that's my experience. Anyone had anything like that?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-8700G
Good to hear it's working for some.

My experience is that PocketMac 3.13 takes some of the contacts from my Address Book, but not all of them. Seems to be a random 300 out of 1000. Can't see why it takes what it does...

At the end of the sync process, PocketMac crashes -- maybe it reaches something in my Address Book that crashes it, but it's not like it gets to "H" and then quits.

Well, that's my experience. Anyone had anything like that?
I've had the same issue syncing with Entourage (Tasks and Calendar work fine) and FWIW the people at PM say it should all work perfectly under v4.0 which is due out, they say, in a couple of weeks. We'll see.....
Old 06-07-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
fishmacberry

So far Pocketmac is working well for address book and ical. All my contacts are found on both mac and BB. Same with ical, even events that happened years ago. They all seem to merge fine with the BB calendar. The one problem I have is that tasks that I have inputted into the BB are no where to be found in on my PB G4. Can anyone tell me where I can find memos and notes written on the BB? Thanks
Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 AM   #11
braddva@mac.com

Is it possible to do a bluetooth wireless sync with pocket mac to the 8700g?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:53 PM   #12
brpugh@mac.com

Model: 8700
Default Serial number - blackberry software

Does anyone know how to get the serial number for the pocketmac software for syncing blackberry 8700 to entourage?

I'm really struggling and would be very grateful.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #13
Balatron

Default Partial Success

When I considered switching over to the 8700g for my personal cell it was really important that I be able to sync properly with, at the very least, my address book. Here's what I've found so far:

1) Nope, no bluetooth sync. USB only. This I can live with.
2) The sycn to the OSX Address Book was hit or miss. It sometimes grabbed people's home addresses but called it Work on the device, it sometimes didn't grab all of their email addresses and, worse, once or twice it ate part of someone's address which was reflected in the OSX AddressBook itself.

In the end, I solved the problem this way...We use Exchange at work and, since part of me owning a BlackBerry was to have proper access to work email on the road, I linked it over BES. If I go into Address Book and do a group vCard export, I can then drag and drop that onto Entourage. From there, Entourage puts it into my Exchange-based address book which is then over the air synced to my Blackberry. It's not a perfect solution but it works for now.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:09 AM   #14
BRockNYLA

Model: 8300
PIN: 240485E9
Carrier: AT&T

I just received my BB8700 (tmobile) today and had success on the first sync. I'm on a PowerBook G4. I downloaded the pocketmac bb today. everything synced perfectly.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #15
wclyffe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB-8700G
Wondering if anyone with an 8700G has had success syncing Contacts and iCal with their Mac.

If so, can you tell me which version of PocketMac you have, what Mac you own and anything you did to Preferences or any other set-up item? Thanks!

I continue to have no luck - I have the 8700G, PocketMac 3.13 and using my PowerBook G4.

Curious if it's even possible.

I am currently syncing my Powerbook G4 with my 8700g from T-mobile with no problem. I'm using Pocketmac 3.13 (latest version). The only issue is with the Tasks as it seems to lose track of the date when you amend it, but fortunately it does not delete the task.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:24 AM   #16
samzerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliz
Just got the 8700g and downloaded pocketmac 3.13 for blackberry. Running an iMac G3 OSX 10.4.6. I can't get this software to work at all - when I attach my Blackberry and open the software iPhoto opens (?), when I try to sync I keep getting the same message: "the application ERimContacts quit unexpectedly".

I tried reinstalling software with same result. Is anyone else having these problems?
I think i know what your problem is! I was having the exact same issue and realised how to fix it. I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that you still have "microsoft office test drive" still installed on your mac. (i'm embarrassed to say i never took it off, and doing so after you've installed your real version is a nightmare) so it occured to me that pocketmac was probably freaking out cause it couldn't reconcile which version of entourage to use. i placed the whole "test drive" folder in the trash and "secure empty trash"ed it. just like that, pocketmac is working like a charm now...
Old 07-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #17
jansbach

Model: 7250

After reading everything here, I'm feeling a bit unhappy. I have been a BlackBerry user for years, but only a Mac user since the beginning of the year. I just got a new 8700, very excited, until I found I can't sync. I tried reinstalling latest version of PM, and I tried just syncing to get my addresses. My MAC finds the device, says it's syncing, then my device resets and when it comes back, guess what...no addresses. This sucks. Does anyone have any advice for making this work?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:50 AM   #18
arodweb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile

i had the same problem in the beginning , i repaired permisions and it all worked great ever since :D
Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #19
kesmed2001

I had the same problem initially, and emailed the support staff at PocketMac. Mark was very helpful - here is the content of his email:

If you use BES BlackBerry Enterprise Wireless server in the office, please turn it off on the BlackBerry when syncing with the Mac. Generally, to turn off wireless synchronization, you get into the specific application (Address Book, Calendar, Tasks, or Memos), then click on the wheel and choose "Options", then scroll to the "Wireless Synchronization" option, and set that to "No" to turn it off and "Yes" to turn it back on. You then have to "Save" the setting.

In any case, download and run this cleaning program to clean out the sync history from both ~/Library/Application Support/PocketMac (Panther and Tiger) and ~/Library/Application Support/SyncServices (Tiger) and start fresh:
put the (.) in (dot): www(dot)pocketmac(dot)net/public/SyncClean.zip in your browser

Open the app and click Clean SyncServices Files, and Clean PocketMac Files. This will set everything to a "first sync" state, which may help clear up any stale data that's in the way here.

A restart might be helpful after this (to avoid "Merging local records with device" error). If the Sync Services debug window comes up, click ALLOW. The Sync Services is new in Tiger, and it's funneling our sync data through there. If you disallow it, Tiger will block you from syncing. That's key.

You may also download the following utility that will help you purge data from your BlackBerry. WARNING: This will delete ALL Calendars, ALL Contacts, ALL Notes, or ALL Tasks from your BlackBerry.
put the (.) in (dot): www(dot)pocketmac(dot)net/public/DataPurgeUI.zip in your browser

If you run DataPurge, run SyncClean as well.

Last edited by kesmed2001; 07-25-2006 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-29-2006, 02:24 PM   #20
debsbb

I synced with my PB G4 and my 8700g and it worked. I synced ical, address book, memo and tasks. However, I had the same problem as fishmacberry (posted above) in that I can't find where my BB memos copied on my laptop. I really meant for memos to go in one direction: from my BB->G4, but instead I got hundreds of old ical entries ALL copied as memos in my memopad. Anyone know where my BB memos might be stored on my computer? And anyone know what pocketmac preferences to use to keep it from copying ical to memopad again? TIA-
Closed Thread