Old 08-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
psyct1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T
Default Problem with AT&T voicemail, figured I'd ask here

Please Login to Remove!

I searched both here and google, and the only info I got was how to turn date/time OFF totally in voicemail.

My problem is this, I'm in the military, move around alot. In May, the wife and I moved out to Hawaii from VA, all goes well with the 8310 itself BUT, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the time in my voicemail through at&t. I've gone through every "menu" it gives me when I call my voicemail box and the only option I could find was to either turn it off or on. So now, when I check my voicemails, If i received one while my phone was off, and it tells me the time, it gives me the time for the eastern time zone, NOT hawaii.

I've called at&t twice, one guy told me I had to turn it off and there was NO way to change the time, and just now, a guy removed the voicemail feature from my account, then re added it and assured me it would be the correct time when I set up my account again.

Well, no dice, still east coast time... anyone have any thoughts?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

is you number still a VA number? if so that is why, the voicemail server assigned to your number is set to that timezone
Old 08-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
psyct1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
is you number still a VA number? if so that is why, the voicemail server assigned to your number is set to that timezone
well, I never had a VA number, still a PA number but, since it was obviously eastern time zone, all was well...

do you think I can change that access number to a hawaii one, it will update the time?
Old 08-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
barbwyr
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8310

Your voicemail server is likely tied to your PA number. Only way to change to a Hawaii voice mail time would be to get a Hawaii number. That's what I'm thinkin.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
psyct1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbwyr View Post
Your voicemail server is likely tied to your PA number. Only way to change to a Hawaii voice mail time would be to get a Hawaii number. That's what I'm thinkin.
that is correct, in the meantime i HOPE i got a customer service representative FIRED at a local store here in hawaii...

instead of calling customer service again, I just called a local store, got a woman and explained to her the situation and asked for the local voicemail access number, she almost yelled, "No sir, if you do not have a hawaii number, the access number will not work", I laughed and said, "Just for piece of mind, can you give me the number anyway, I'm not saying I do not believe you but, I just want to try". She raised her voice a bit more and said, "No! It will not work so I will not give you the number." I then asked, is there some kind of security reason you will not give it to me or... she cut me off, "IT WILL NOT WORK!". So I said, "Ma'am, can I speak to your manager", she said there wasn't one on duty and hung up...

I called back, got someone else and asked for her name so I could file a complaint on her, the guy that answered put me on hold and gave me her information and asked why, I told him everything that happened and he then asked me if I wanted to try the other access number, he gave it to me (no, it didn't work, thats all i wanted was to try myself, took all of a minute to do on my own)... He then apologized for her behavior and said that if I were to file a complaint it would go to him anyway because he's the manager... So I said, well add lying to the list of crap she did because she told me there wasn't a manager on duty... He said she'd be "talked to", not exactly sure what that meant but, I'm going down to the store today after work to file a formal complaint... damn that, I will not be talked to like a POS for asking a simple question, especially with no valid reason for the way she spoke to me.

/end rant

moral of the story, voicemail access numbers are tied to your cell number, if you are in the military and move from your cell number time zone, you're screwed
Closed Thread