Old 04-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #1
psyct1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T
Default Oh no, my Seidio case broke :(

Please Login to Remove!

I was doing a battery pull this morning and while it was off I was cleaning the inside of the Seidio case and the BB itself... as I was cleaning it, the upper right corner of the front half of the case snapped... Now the BB doesn't stay completely clasped anymore...

I'd really rather not drop another $30 on something that is less than a year old... But I'm out of the 180 day warranty period :(

Then again, I was thinking of getting the 1500mAh battery (i have the 1300mAh now)...

decisions decisions...
Old 04-28-2008, 11:57 AM   #2
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyct1 View Post
I was doing a battery pull this morning and while it was off I was cleaning the inside of the Seidio case and the BB itself... as I was cleaning it, the upper right corner of the front half of the case snapped... Now the BB doesn't stay completely clasped anymore...

I'd really rather not drop another $30 on something that is less than a year old... But I'm out of the 180 day warranty period :(

Then again, I was thinking of getting the 1500mAh battery (i have the 1300mAh now)...

decisions decisions...
Psyct,

Please email your contact and original order information to [email address] and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks,
Old 04-28-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
psyct1

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Psyct,

Please email your contact and original order information to [email address] and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thanks,
wow, alright... thanks buddy!
Old 05-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Comment retracted in hopes of better resolution!

Last edited by Bounce; 05-21-2008 at 03:05 AM..
Old 05-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
seidioseidio

Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
I would strongly advise against purchasing anything from Seidio. They are the type of company who likes to lure people in with slick offerings on forums, which later turn out to be a waste of time and money. I purchased through them the rubber case, clip for the rubber case as well as the 1500 mah battery. I alternate my cases quite frequently, which is probably the reason my Seidio case still functions. The clip broke not even a month into the purchase, and the 1500mah battery holds a charge for about 20 minutes after a full night's charge.

While I understand I might just have a "fluke" (even though 2/3 products have failed), Seidio has been completely unresponsive to my requests to have them fixed or swapped out. I've even sent nice, non-threatening emails (most "irate" customers like to kick and scream), but still no solution. I just cannot get my head around the fact that a company would produce faulty products then not want to stand behind them. At this point, I would have even appreciated being told that the products have failed due to my own user error, but they haven't even bothered to RESPOND to my email. It has been over two weeks and not even the worst customer service takes that long.

In short, I would just recommend going ahead and purchasing an additional battery or two from RIM. At least that way you have a better chance of them working, and if not their customer service responds within 12-24 hours and won't leave you jumping at your blackberry every time you get an email alert.

Again, this is just my two cents. I am sure there are those of you who have had great experiences with Seidio. I simply have not. I would also like to make it a point that I rarely ever complain about anything...but complete disregard of a customer's request to have faulty products repaired or replaced is simply just not acceptable.
Bounce,

I apologize for the problems you've had with your products, and completely understand your frustration, but I can assure you that we stand behind every product we make and do respond to our emails.

RMA requests are typically responded to within 1-2 business days, so we're either not receiving your initial request or you're not receiving our reply. We have seen this problem on occassion, especially with yahoo emails. Many times our reply either ends up in the junk mail folder or never shows up at all.

If you'll email your contact and original order number to [email address], I'll be happy to look into your situation and see if I can get you taken care of.

Thanks,
Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #6
j8830
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vzw

Bounce - if Seidio truly intentionally ignored you (which I find highly unlikely as I have had stellar service / response from them) then I am sympathetic to your plight and hope things get worked out.

However, if it was due to a simple email kickback / filter issue, then I would hope you would retract your recommendation and harsh words. I presume you actually tried contacting them by phone as well?

Stating: "They are the type of company who likes to lure people in with slick offerings on forums, which later turn out to be a waste of time and money" is a pretty bold accusation for a poor experience that may very well be a communication mixup. That type of description is paramount to accusing them of being a corrupt company with no ethics.

Last edited by j8830; 05-19-2008 at 04:24 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
Kopter

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

I agree with J8830.

Also, I have done a fair amount of business with Seidio... across several differrent devices (4 blackberries, 2 Qs, a XV67000 and a Treo) and have found them to be reasonably priced and super responsive to any inquiries/needs/comments/questions.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Same here I have ordered numerous products for several different BB's and have always had great service and great products.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
quillhill

Model: Torch
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerog46 View Post
Same here I have ordered numerous products for several different BB's and have always had great service and great products.
Agreed. I ordered a case for a friend who had a P.O. Box. They called me (which shocked the hell out of me) to get an alternate address as they couldn't ship to a P.O. and the case arrived a few days later as promised. Most other companies would have sent an e-mail or not even processed the order. Plus the rep who called me was very nice.

And did anyone notice that this thread was three weeks old? Kind of malicious to go out of one's way to dig up a thread just to slam a company.

I was a bit disappointed a couple years ago with my first Seidio product but everything I've had since has been excellent. Seidio has really stepped up its game, IMO, with the new hybrid and slim rubberized cases.

In any case, I hope both dissatisfied customers had their issues resolved.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #10
kjjb0204

Carrier: VZW

I've bought several Seidio products, and have recommended Seidio to several coworkers that have bought products, and no one is having any difficulties. In fact, if you look at the holster on verizonwireless for their new curve, the holster is a Seidio branded holster. Not too bad if vzw is selling it.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:24 PM   #11
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

They also have them in the VZW Stores.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:21 AM   #12
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by j8830 View Post
Bounce - if Seidio truly intentionally ignored you (which I find highly unlikely as I have had stellar service / response from them) then I am sympathetic to your plight and hope things get worked out.

However, if it was due to a simple email kickback / filter issue, then I would hope you would retract your recommendation and harsh words. I presume you actually tried contacting them by phone as well?

Stating: "They are the type of company who likes to lure people in with slick offerings on forums, which later turn out to be a waste of time and money" is a pretty bold accusation for a poor experience that may very well be a communication mixup. That type of description is paramount to accusing them of being a corrupt company with no ethics.
I thought of the email filter/kickback issue...I have even been checking my spam folders. Nothing there. The items were purchased as a gift from me directly from the Seidio website.

I have no problem retracting my statements. It is just in poor taste that it takes a statement like this on a public forum to warrant any attention. As it stands, these items were all purchased at the same time, on the same ticket as a gift to me and were mailed to my residence. I would like to know how I can proceed as I really don't have an order number for the items.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:34 AM   #13
guamishkind
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A

I also have bought seidio products in the past and loved every one of them. They are great with service and shipping time as well. As a matter of fact, I just ordered my hybrid case + holster combo for my Curve 8320 this morning. I hope it gets here before the weekend!
Old 05-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #14
JAMESOJA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

+1 for Seidio here too. Never an issue with service or product quality(have used on 4 BB and 1 Treo). I often recommend the products to others as they see my Curve falling to the ground often and never have an issue with the phone. The case works amazingly I drop it and the force usually knocks the front plate off the phone. I dont know if this is how it was designed to act, but I guess the force is being dissipated away from the phone and the case is taking the shock rather then the phone. At least this is what I keep telling myself.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:05 AM   #15
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

so Mr. Seidio...how do I go about getting my issue fixed since my items were all a gift?
Closed Thread