pokey
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
so your contact at a competing company, who has a vested interest in Rogers NOT doing well, stated this?
Yes, because he is with Rogers himself and was dissapointed at the news. LOL.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #22
psyct1

Model: iPhon
PIN: ask
Carrier: AT&T

hhmm, i think i'll wait until NEXT year to buy another blackberry... i'm going to Iraq in sept so, can't use the phone out there anyway... might as well just put a "hold" on my account with at&t and just pick back up next year...

i'd really like to have the Bold though :(
Old 07-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #23
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Didn't we pretty much confirm that Rogers would release very soon? I say that because they threw a shindig in Toronto and shmoozed it up with boozy treats and folks and Bolds and the Dancing Girls all over the place and promised that each lucky attendee would receive their comp Bold in 7-10 days. That told me the device was ready for prime time around the 25th of July. Anybody buy that?

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 07-17-2008 at 06:07 PM..
Old 07-17-2008, 07:54 PM   #24
Boy Genius
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: FFFFFFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
This uninformed hypster (BG) is running a website that like ALL sites makes money according to the number of people who log on! I do not care what anyone says the site has hinted about some of these non-existant dates that keep passing and shares some of the blame.
Thank you for the cheap laugh, man. Appreciate it.

And Sith... thank you for being the voice of reason. Those Thunder dates I posted are absolutely spot-on at this point in time. To clarify what I mean by delay, I was talking about missing an internal launch date. Originally the Bold was to be released mid-to-late June on AT&T, something I and even Jibi knew of way back in January. Then that went to mid-July for Rogers, and we're currently at mid-July. So while there is no official delay announced to the public, please believe RIM wants that device out ASAP and would have loved to speed up the process. But as it standed even just a couple weeks ago, carriers would get "final final" builds of the Bold OS from RIM, and after testing would request another build from RIM, and so on. Even with my unit, there are still issues so the software is not 100%. There's another issue, and that's that while RIM could potentially ship the units with the latest software, there are millions watching very closely to see how the Bold performs. This is going to be an indication of how well RIM can release and perfect a device with more than adequate time. They won't ship until it is perfected is my opinion, and they definitely won't drop that bomb on U.S. soil because AT&T doesn't want to deal with crap from it's business customers.

The Boy Genius Report
Old 07-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #25
mlx52
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8110

As much as I am anxiously waiting for the Bold to launch here in the states I will gladly take the delay if it means perfecting the software. My wife's iPhone, which I just upgraded to 2.0 no longer receives mail correctly and the phone has to be rebooted every hour or so, in order to get mail. This seems to be a widespread problem, a quick look on the Apple discussion board shows hundreds of people with the problem, saying Apple is very aware of the problem.

I will gladly be first in line for the Bold when it comes out, with hopefully, close to perfect software.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:27 AM   #26
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Genius View Post
Thank you for the cheap laugh, man. Appreciate it.

And Sith... thank you for being the voice of reason. Those Thunder dates I posted are absolutely spot-on at this point in time. To clarify what I mean by delay, I was talking about missing an internal launch date. Originally the Bold was to be released mid-to-late June on AT&T, something I and even Jibi knew of way back in January. Then that went to mid-July for Rogers, and we're currently at mid-July. So while there is no official delay announced to the public, please believe RIM wants that device out ASAP and would have loved to speed up the process. But as it standed even just a couple weeks ago, carriers would get "final final" builds of the Bold OS from RIM, and after testing would request another build from RIM, and so on. Even with my unit, there are still issues so the software is not 100%. There's another issue, and that's that while RIM could potentially ship the units with the latest software, there are millions watching very closely to see how the Bold performs. This is going to be an indication of how well RIM can release and perfect a device with more than adequate time. They won't ship until it is perfected is my opinion, and they definitely won't drop that bomb on U.S. soil because AT&T doesn't want to deal with crap from it's business customers.
Not talking about the Thunder, but glad your "prediction" is still "spot on".

I am more concerned with the Bold glad Sith is on your side, I am like the others and listened to what came from your site and choose to believe. I will still read with interest but limit it to that! Not saying it is your fault, but your site professes to have the correct and current info. All the hype has got to be blasting the hit counter thru the roof!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #27
stranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: rogers(thiefs)

Quote:
Not talking about the Thunder, but glad your "prediction" is still "spot on".

I am more concerned with the Bold glad Sith is on your side, I am like the others and listened to what came from your site and choose to believe. I will still read with interest but limit it to that! Not saying it is your fault, but your site professes to have the correct and current info. All the hype has got to be blasting the hit counter thru the roof!
you do realize he is not the CEO of RIM. It's is not his fault dates get pushed back or information changes. And when it does change he usually says so. When the Boy Genius says something its not 'official information'. If you took it and believed it as fact you should only blame yourself. nothing is official or true until RIM says so.

BGR isn't a bunch of hypsters, because if you read it like you say you do you would know a lot of what they say comes true.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #28
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800

The only thing I remember RIM saying is the Bold would be out this summer (by 9/21?)
Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #29
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger View Post
you do realize he is not the CEO of RIM. It's is not his fault dates get pushed back or information changes. And when it does change he usually says so. When the Boy Genius says something its not 'official information'. If you took it and believed it as fact you should only blame yourself. nothing is official or true until RIM says so.

BGR isn't a bunch of hypsters, because if you read it like you say you do you would know a lot of what they say comes true.
You need to re READ my post. I am not blaming BG for anything. I am saying that ALL of this is good for hits on one's website. No one forget that what pays for his site and this site is the ability to sell advertising. The rate for advertising is linked to the number of hits on your site.

I am not blaming BG for not delivering the Bold, I am not even blaming RIM. I would rather the device be right that some half baked introduction like the iPhone where they promiss to fix stuff later on in a OS upgrade. I like this site and BG's and I was simply commenting and NOT blaming him not delivering the Bold.

The bold will get her soon enough. I have been around here long enough to have seen MANY new Blackberry introductions and this one is not different than the others.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:52 PM   #30
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
The only thing I remember RIM saying is the Bold would be out this summer (by 9/21?)
That is likely all that RIM has said.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:54 PM   #31
The BlackBerry Kid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: it is under my battery, and status page
Carrier: T-Mobile

this makes me wonder what kind of quality they are gonna be when they come out on the market.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #32
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

I would say that they will be up to both RIM standards and what We would expect for RIM to deliver to us. I still do not think that RIM will deliver a bad device as they got alot riding on the Bold as it is, with out a doubt, going to be a major release for them.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:47 PM   #33
detfan

Model: 7250
Carrier: Verizon

Well I guess I will wait to use my upgrade then. I have an iphone on my account, and I am going to steal that upgrade when the bold comes out..
Old 07-18-2008, 07:08 PM   #34
MattM2G

Model: 9800

I am looking forward to the Bold as well, but I agree that we need to make sure that they get it right before it's released. I lived through too many prematurely released Treos that had Battery issues, UI issues, OS issues, that had to be addressed with Upgrades and trade-ins, etc.

I would gladly wait a month or 2 (while gritting my teeth) to have a rock-solid, stable unit, that I am now finding that RIM is known for releasing.

I want my Bold to be not only Bold, but also big, bodacious, brash, brassy, brave, brazen, bright and STABLE!!!
1,000,000 Contest Winner #8
Treo 600, 650 & 680> (Old Days)
Cingular BlackBerry Curve 8800 (1st one in OH)>
AT&T BlackBerry 9800 TORCH
Old 07-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #35
akim911
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

The BOLD IS AMAZING!!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 07:25 AM   #36
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM2G View Post

I want my Bold to be not only Bold, but also big, bodacious, brash, brassy, brave, brazen, bright and STABLE!!!
Yep, that pretty well summed it up and we all want the same thing!

I do nto think we will be dissapointed. I sure hope they make enough for everyone as I will be expecting three for me and my top staff on the day of release!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #37
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Yep, that pretty well summed it up and we all want the same thing!

I do not think we will be disappointed. I sure hope they make enough for everyone as I will be expecting three for me and my top staff on the day of release!
I'm betting the Bold will still have some issues out of the starting block. I'm staying put awhile before I even think about it.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #38
Blackberryer

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

I'm still not quite sure why a device in development for three years keeps getting pushed back.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #39
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
I'm betting the Bold will still have some issues out of the starting block. I'm staying put awhile before I even think about it.
Well that's a safe bet. I got issues with my Curve and 8820 but they still are great devices!

Sure it will have issues but it will be closer to what it was promissed to do than most other hardware being introduced these days.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #40
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberryer View Post
I'm still not quite sure why a device in development for three years keeps getting pushed back.
Conspiracy!
Closed Thread