BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #1
ozreth

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t
Default 9000 or 9700 IM SO TORN PLEASE HELP!

Please Login to Remove!

Going to ATT to get my first blackberry tomorrow! Very excited, but I am having problems deciding which phone to buy. I was deadset on the 9000, I fell in love with that phone so it has been engrained into my mind, I especially love the way it looks. But then the 9700 came out and while I still prefer the look of the 9000, the 9700 seems to be a better phone and i like the trackpad.

What do I do?

I like how the 9000 is bigger and I think it looks a little better. I like the trackpad on the 9700. But the speakers on the 9000 are way better. HTML browswer on the 9700 is apparantly better and im all about internet on my phone. Keyboard on the 9000 is supposed to be better to type on because its bigger and the keys are more spread apart. Camera on the 9700 is 3.2 mp compared to 2.0 on the 9000.

etc. etc.

Advice? Also, is there supposed to be a new BB coming to ATT any time soon (within the next month or two) that will be better than either of these two phones? Also, I saw a crackberry video with the tour 2 in it, will this be better than the 9700? Should I wait and switch to verizon? And what about the wobbly and sinking trackpad issue on the 9700?

Last edited by ozreth; 12-08-2009 at 03:04 AM..
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
Noodle22
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Why don't you make a list of the top 10 features that matter the most to you and check which one wins the most in each category, then go from there?

I personally like the trackpad, and one of the reasons I chose my phone is the colour, which seems really silly if your choosing a phone for aesthetic purposes. But I love it.

Since you like the way the Bold looks, why get a phone that your not completely enamoured with?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

9700 for certain.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #4
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozreth View Post
Advice? Also, is there supposed to be a new BB coming to ATT any time soon (within the next month or two) that will be better than either of these two phones?
Assign weights to your pros and cons. No one can tell you which is better suited to you. This applies to any device comparison.

There are always newer devices in the pipeline. Again, there's no universal "better" -- you have to determine if something newer is better suited for you than the current options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozreth View Post
Keyboard on the 9000 is supposed to be better to type on because its bigger and the keys are more spread apart.
If you don't know which one is better for you then spend more time in person with the 2 devices. Don't base your decision on the opinions of others unless you're absolutely certain that their needs/wants are perfectly in line with your own.

Last edited by takeshi; 12-08-2009 at 10:50 AM..
Closed Thread