Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
onlindis
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Thumbs up TIPMaster 2 Released

Please Login to Remove!

I just wanted to drop a note to tell everyone that we have just released TIPMaster 2, yes its still free. After several months of using on the road, we discovered a couple of features that we really wanted to add to the program. Now numbers can be added or subtracted in the pre-tax field and the tax field. So for my fellow Canadians who are used to seeing GST and PST on their bill you can now take one number + the other number hit return and the number will populate in the tax field. This ability also will be handy if you ever get a meal comped or have a discount where no subtotal is available. The link to the site is: TIP Master by BBerryOne and is available for download OTA or by PC.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
cayzac

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

Been using this simple little app for quite some time now. Very handy!! (especially after a couple too many Coronas and I can't do the math in my head anymore!) ;)
Old 05-09-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

What I would find useful a program that would let me pick the service and tell me the recommended tip. So, for example, in your software you have "restaurant" and you see a range pop up of say 10-25% with 18% recommended.

If you pick cab fare, you get the appropriate tip range; maid service, concierge, bellman, haircut, whatever. I keep a document on my BB that gives me all that so when I (infrequently) travel I can be sure I'm tipping properly. It would be nice to incorporate that into a calculator like your software.

Regards-Michael G.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
What I would find useful a program that would let me pick the service and tell me the recommended tip. So, for example, in your software you have "restaurant" and you see a range pop up of say 10-25% with 18% recommended.

If you pick cab fare, you get the appropriate tip range; maid service, concierge, bellman, haircut, whatever. I keep a document on my BB that gives me all that so when I (infrequently) travel I can be sure I'm tipping properly. It would be nice to incorporate that into a calculator like your software.

Regards-Michael G.
While I find the current version of TIPMaster very handy (I've used many, many times), I'm going to give this suggestion a +1. Not trying to look a gift horse in the mouth, so apologies to onlindis.

Thanks for a very useful app!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #5
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

I love the program and I used the version 0.1.

What I like is this program provides me the ability tip correctly. Most (if not all) restaurants try to suggest the "tips" which it is calculated based on the meal AND tax, which I do not think it is correct. It might not be a big deal if I only order $20 bucks worth of the meal. However, it makes a big different if the meal costs $200 vs $20 (at least, it makes a different on the tax as well).

great job!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #6
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlindis View Post
I just wanted to drop a note to tell everyone that we have just released TIPMaster 2, yes its still free. After several months of using on the road, we discovered a couple of features that we really wanted to add to the program. Now numbers can be added or subtracted in the pre-tax field and the tax field. So for my fellow Canadians who are used to seeing GST and PST on their bill you can now take one number + the other number hit return and the number will populate in the tax field. This ability also will be handy if you ever get a meal comped or have a discount where no subtotal is available. The link to the site is: TIP Master by BBerryOne and is available for download OTA or by PC.
I tried to do what you mentioned but it did not work for me.

"Take one number + the other number hit return and the number will populate in the tax field."

What I did was I enter 45+10 (from the pre-tax) and I hit enter. It did not populate the number in the tax field.

but anyhow, in US, we only have 1 tax so it is not that complicate.

By the way, is it possible, in the future, you could add this feature to do reverse calculation based on the total amount of the bill (pre-tip) and the % of the tax and calculate the pre-tax and tax amount?

thanks
Old 05-11-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
onlindis

Quote:
Originally Posted by plchan View Post
I tried to do what you mentioned but it did not work for me.

"Take one number + the other number hit return and the number will populate in the tax field."

What I did was I enter 45+10 (from the pre-tax) and I hit enter. It did not populate the number in the tax field.

but anyhow, in US, we only have 1 tax so it is not that complicate.

By the way, is it possible, in the future, you could add this feature to do reverse calculation based on the total amount of the bill (pre-tip) and the % of the tax and calculate the pre-tax and tax amount?

thanks

Odd, I'm wondering if our explanation may be off, if I take the Bill Pre-tax field and enter the equation 45+10 you will see the total bill update to 55, if you press return than 55 appears in the bill pre-tax. So we were thinking when you get a bill with a sub-total followed by some sort of discount.

In the tax field if you entered say 10 + 10 the total bill updates and so does that field when you press return now your total bill reads 75.00; enter your tip percentage and then the total bill is calculated.

Maybe give that a run through and see if it works, if so then we may need to update our explanation, we were thinking about putting a small operating manual together.

Last edited by onlindis; 05-11-2007 at 05:08 PM..
Old 05-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #8
onlindis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post

Regards-Michael G.

Regards-Michael G.
We will definitely give it some thought for TIPMaster 3, perhaps even a drop down guide. Thanks for the idea.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:12 PM   #9
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlindis View Post
Odd, I'm wondering if our explanation may be off, if I take the Bill Pre-tax field and enter the equation 45+10 you will see the total bill update to 55, if you press return than 55 appears in the bill pre-tax. So we were thinking when you get a bill with a sub-total followed by some sort of discount.

In the tax field if you entered say 10 + 10 the total bill updates and so does that field when you press return now your total bill reads 75.00; enter your tip percentage and then the total bill is calculated.

Maybe give that a run through and see if it works, if so then we may need to update our explanation, we were thinking about putting a small operating manual together.
Thanks for the walk through. I must have misunderstood it in the first place.

Thanks again.