mmorici

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Glitch

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevied04 View Post
anyone know if you can use the APPLEBERRY THEME on the new OS. i downloaded the new OS for the S1 this morning and when i used the APPLE BERRY THEME it was glitching really bad. so i am now with the old BB Theme...kinda boring but its wroking...love the new OS i just want to use my old Theme!
I've noticed that all the themes seem to glitch under .328 when turned horizontal. On mine I have 2 white bars on either side of the screen
Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #62
camaro322hp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9100
Carrier: AT&T

Can't get QuickPull to work with this OS.

Here's the error when I run QuickPull:

I have all the permissions set to ALLOW, except for the one shown here that is grayed out so I can't adjust it:

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #63
rouen1969
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: 312D2644
Talking Wow

...I am so glad I waited for the official Verizon OS. I've had it installed for about 30 minutes & I agree ...it is like an entirely different phone! Completely fabulous!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #64
boone92
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8500

I'm typing this from a coffee shop as my house internet is down (and I don't have the USB cord with me) so I have 2 questions:

1) Can I install this update wirelessly like the past update?

2) If not, can I download the plug in, install the drivers, then when I get home plug my phone in and install the update? Or does the backup/update process require an internet connection?
Old 10-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #65
DemonSlayer

I LOVE THE NEW VERSION!!! It so so awesomely fast!!! and retains funtionality. I have a question though if anyone can answer it, I know on a Vs5 thirdpart distributor that was released about a month ago, that hindered camera functionality, one of the trade offs was an SMS threader, if i remember reading correctly somewhere in one of the forums. This way the service provider won't be able to charge for multiple text messages if not on an unlimited plan. Does anyone know with the new layout is this function is possible with this version. I noticed the SMS follows a different format and this may be possible? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:10 AM   #66
djxedxd

PIN: bic,no ball point,wait its blue

Two questions
Has anyone else had problems with opera5 not loading pageS ?it gets the hole progress bar filled up then nuthing and a little circle spins in the tab box forever.
and I thought this prob was OS related but its still here from my last OS .167 when in portrait keyboard SureType it does all kinds of stupid stuff when I type from not clicking the correct button ,to not clicking at all and also just bringing up stuff nowhere near the button I try to hit. But when in landscape mode which I'm typing in now all is well but when in portrait still with this new OS it seems to perticullarly not like the top left of the screen but I now its not my screen itself cause I have no probs now.
Anyone? Heh lol
Old 10-29-2009, 08:28 AM   #67
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernhrts3n8 View Post
No, he actually said if it was him he would wait. He said if I my phone was working well with the OS it has now, then I should wait a little bit. He did give me the website to go to instead of going through DM (BlackBerry® Software Updates), I may try this direct link and see if it loads properly for me and then go back and get the updates later.
I never had luck with that site as I'm connected to BES. I would say that if you can grab the latest version, do so. I think the VZ rep is blowin' smoke; the OS has (for me) proven stable and has improvements that make it worth the move.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:14 AM   #68
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

the phone's been behaving weird in the phone function....keypad is slow to hide/bring up. also got a sticky key tone when i pressed a number (as if i was holding down the number)...

i'm only on my 1st reboot in 3 days since i loaded it.....i'll reboot again to see if this improves
Old 10-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #69
ernhrts3n8
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOR View Post
I never had luck with that site as I'm connected to BES. I would say that if you can grab the latest version, do so. I think the VZ rep is blowin' smoke; the OS has (for me) proven stable and has improvements that make it worth the move.

I finally was able to download the new OS.....all I can say is WOW!!!! What a diference. I am having some issues with some of the themes and have contacted the support department of my themes and they said that Plasmic will be coming out with upgrades to incorporate the 5.0 OS for the themes.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #70
Ghosttrunks

Does Beejive work?
Old 10-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #71
Triforce66
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: IsSharpAndPointy
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosttrunks View Post
Does Beejive work?
hahaha, your funny.. there is still no stable version for the 4.7.x series.. *sad*
Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #72
patryn

Model: 9500

I have an issue with yahoo messenger on two phones. Both say the username/password is wrong. I reinstalled it on my phone and still the same thing. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #73
Ghosttrunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triforce66 View Post
hahaha, your funny.. there is still no stable version for the 4.7.x series.. *sad*
Awww sadface
Old 10-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #74
patryn

Model: 9500

NM. I just pressed sign in automatically and it signed in. Then I unchecked it and it still signed in. Weird happenings.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 AM   #75
cryckman

Default Speaker Issue with 328

Anyone else notice a speaker issue once upgrading to 328. I upgraded from 151 and love everything about the new OS, but my ringers/alerts, and even music now sound like they are blaring through the speaker even though it's not loud... it's that fuzzy electronic sound liked you'd get if you've turned the volume up too high on a speaker. But as I said, the sound is NOT actually loud... just distorted?

Anyone else?

Any suggestions?
Old 10-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #76
Kopter

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryckman View Post
Anyone else notice a speaker issue once upgrading to 328. I upgraded from 151 and love everything about the new OS, but my ringers/alerts, and even music now sound like they are blaring through the speaker even though it's not loud... it's that fuzzy electronic sound liked you'd get if you've turned the volume up too high on a speaker. But as I said, the sound is NOT actually loud... just distorted?

Anyone else?

Any suggestions?
I experienced the same over-the-top volume increase with the 5.0 upgrade. (A much needed fix.) I adjusted my ringtones/etc down from 10 to 8. No distortion/no fuzz... after doing so.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #77
cryckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopter View Post
I experienced the same over-the-top volume increase with the 5.0 upgrade. (A much needed fix.) I adjusted my ringtones/etc down from 10 to 8. No distortion/no fuzz... after doing so.
Mine is and always has been set at 7 and it still seems way too harsh... it eases up for me when I set the volume down closer to 4 or so, but then as you can imagine, the volume is too quiet to be functional. Very frustrating... the sound quaility sounds like we're back on a 1998 Nokia or something! If anyone has any suggestions other than turning volume down, I'd love to hear them.

Or better yet, if the majority of people aren't experiencing this, perhaps reinstalling the update would work. Just trying to see how wide of a problem this appears to be.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:01 AM   #78
KOR
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Typhoid Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryckman View Post

Anyone else?

Any suggestions?
No distortion, but yes, my audible notifications got louder. The only one I use regularly is the alarm clock, so it's not that big of a deal for me.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #79
sirmoog

Default Question on OS Update for unlocked Storm on AT&T

Hello,
I'm admittedly not much of a techie, but I did manage to follow the instructions on using an unlocked Storm on AT&T, and it has been working well for about 6 months.
I would like to upgrade to this newest OS, but did want to know if it will be compatible with my unlocked Storm. Will I need to unload and reload the service books, or do I just follow the update procedure as described here?
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #80
mizditz101
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhne

OK, Im at work and can't read through all the pages of this... I tried to install I think this OS lasy night, ended up with app error 205, and now on a different computer its sitting searching for device service info and WILL NOT move... Any ideas on how to get this fixed fast? I forget all the tricks from back when I had my pearl