Old 07-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #61
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
because they can why does Bell do it? Besides you are on cingular why should you care?
Because they can is a sorry answer... and i used to be verizon and was thinking of going back till i saw they crippled GPS thanks to people on this forum since no one at the verizone store mentioned it to me... go figure... anyway they would have got my business b/c i would like EVDO over EDGE right now till i can use a BB with 3G's...
Old 07-09-2007, 08:50 AM   #62
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedz View Post
Because they can is a sorry answer... and i used to be verizon and was thinking of going back till i saw they crippled GPS thanks to people on this forum since no one at the verizone store mentioned it to me... go figure... anyway they would have got my business b/c i would like EVDO over EDGE right now till i can use a BB with 3G's...
but its the truth they do it because thay can. just like bell does it on their network. Atleast verizon is looking at maybe allowing vz navigator whats bell doing nothing. I tell ya if thats all you have to ***** about when it comes to verizon thats awesome. I can list many many many things about the carriers i dislike and not one of them is a feature issue its a network issue.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #63
jetspeedz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900

i agree verizon is probably one of the best when it comes to service b/c i had it and my family is on their family plan but if you compare Verzion to Bell how many Bell blackberry users do you know of ??? not many probably b/c they don't have good service and they cripple devices when other carriers dont... just my .02 agree to disagree
Old 07-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #64
PabloTX
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Atleast verizon is looking at maybe allowing vz navigator whats bell doing nothing.
You can either use BB Maps for free, or you can load Google Maps and use that for free, or you can subscribe to TeleNav and pay for it.

Quote:
I tell ya if thats all you have to ***** about when it comes to verizon thats awesome. I can list many many many things about the carriers i dislike and not one of them is a feature issue its a network issue.
If maintaining a poor selection of handsets, crippling features, grossly overcharging for data, capping data at low levels, and making it damn near impossible to change the handset you are using without calling and speaking to someone who will try to charge you $20 is "all you have to ***** about", then that doesn't seem so insignificant.

Verizon's advantages are it's network (as far as I can tell in my area, AT&T is just as good, and nationwide it's not nearly the gap that Verizon would lead you to believe) and EVDO.

(I was a VZW customer up until three weeks ago)
Old 07-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #65
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
You can either use BB Maps for free, or you can load Google Maps and use that for free, or you can subscribe to TeleNav and pay for it.

If maintaining a poor selection of handsets, crippling features, grossly overcharging for data, capping data at low levels, and making it damn near impossible to change the handset you are using without calling and speaking to someone who will try to charge you $20 is "all you have to ***** about", then that doesn't seem so insignificant.

Verizon's advantages are it's network (as far as I can tell in my area, AT&T is just as good, and nationwide it's not nearly the gap that Verizon would lead you to believe) and EVDO.

(I was a VZW customer up until three weeks ago)
To each his own I am tired of arguing about it you like what you like I like what I like I am a very very happy VZW customer. BUt I am a well informed customer.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #66
PabloTX

But you're not offering up opinions or likes, you're offering up facts which are blatantly false (VZW is at least offering VZ NAV while AT&T does nothing...when in fact there are at least two free offerings, plus one paid offering for AT&T).
Old 07-11-2007, 06:50 PM   #67
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
But you're not offering up opinions or likes, you're offering up facts which are blatantly false (VZW is at least offering VZ NAV while AT&T does nothing...when in fact there are at least two free offerings, plus one paid offering for AT&T).

Excuse me your the one offering flase statements my friend.
VZW isnt offering vz nav get your facts straight you show me one thing on the vzw website that says i can use vzw nav on a bb. I can use google maps on my BB to but the gps doesnt work
Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM   #68
PabloTX

You yourself said:

Quote:
Atleast verizon is looking at maybe allowing vz navigator whats bell doing nothing.
That is what I was addressing. VZW is looking at making Nav available (at a cost), while Bell's doing nothing includes having a user-accessible GPS chip.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 AM   #69
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
You yourself said:

That is what I was addressing. VZW is looking at making Nav available (at a cost), while Bell's doing nothing includes having a user-accessible GPS chip.
looking and doing is two different things
Old 07-12-2007, 07:32 AM   #70
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 35AABF91
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:

that is for sure.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #71
PabloTX

Quote:
So are you arguing with yourself here? Your initial point was that at least VZW was making an effort to do something (true-Make VZ Nav work on the 8830 after crippling the built-in GPS), while AT&T sits idle (false - already have three options on the built-in hardware as issued by RIM), now you are seemingly saying that VZW's efforts may be nothing, as looking and doing aren't equals (which I agree with).

Quote:
Quote:

I was stating that "Bell" already has two free solutions (BB Maps and Google Maps) as well as a paid solution (Telenav), so they are far from "doing nothing".

Last edited by PabloTX; 07-12-2007 at 08:15 AM..
Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #72
Galvatron
No longer Registered.

Model: 8800
PIN: 240582A8
Carrier: tmobile

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Lol hmm kindaa makes you wonder whaos the lesser of the 2 evils sprint or verizon
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #73
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
So are you arguing with yourself here? Your initial point was that at least VZW was making an effort to do something (true-Make VZ Nav work on the 8830 after crippling the built-in GPS), while AT&T sits idle (false - already have three options on the built-in hardware as issued by RIM), now you are seemingly saying that VZW's efforts may be nothing, as looking and doing aren't equals (which I agree with).

I was stating that "Bell" already has two free solutions (BB Maps and Google Maps) as well as a paid solution (Telenav), so they are far from "doing nothing".
Hmm I was talking about Bell not AT&T might want to read a little closer before trying to pick a fight.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #74
PabloTX

Not trying to pick a fight. Was assuming your Bell terminology was the widely-accepted slang for AT&T. If not, my apologies for the confusion.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 AM   #75
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Not trying to pick a fight. Was assuming your Bell terminology was the widely-accepted slang for AT&T. If not, my apologies for the confusion.
no worrys its all good. I would say Bellsouth since I refuse to say i use at&t lol
Old 07-12-2007, 09:18 AM   #76
PabloTX

Gotcha. My mistake.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #77
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533

Those Terms Of Service (TOS) for Verizon are pretty restrictive. Ouch. I suspect some of us with larger corporate accounts will be able to "exceed" this "quota" since we are already paying a king's ransom for monthly service on huge shared plans. We're just say the word "VPN" and be excused. It won't be so easy for the little guy. Ouch.
Closed Thread