BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
segeln4me
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhon
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

the twitter for blackberry is not working for me either, but I read on other sites it has to do with twitter, not this OS. using ubertwitter for now. I have no delay in pictures loading and battery is solid. very responsive OS!

iPhone 4
Old 05-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #22
Raptor464
Kid Tested. Mom Approved.

Model: 9700
PIN: eapple under the sea
Carrier: T-mobile USA

T4BB problems are not related to this OS. Many people on multiple different devices/OS are having issues logging into T4BB.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #23
BIOHazard87
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N/A

I upgraded from 593 to 656 and haven't noticed any changes/problems.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #24
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirelezz View Post
5.0.0.668 will be here soon ill wait
How do you know and how soon is soon?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #25
Rob377
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

I lost the ability to sync calendars with my mac going from .593 to .656. Didn't seem any faster and no other improvements to speak of that I saw, aside from a 5MB gain in available memory. The calendar thing is kind of a big deal, so back to .593 for me. hopefully that fixes it.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #26
quillhill
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Torch
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbp View Post
Still showing read SMS messages....ugh
Well then ... I wonder if it's worth bothering to upgrade at this stage. Hmm. I haven't had time yet this week.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #27
dbltap

Model: 9800

Had a weird error on upgrade. Did the normal "device swap/backup" reinstall then restore. I am on a BES, but I've never had a problem with a full restore prior to the Enterprise Activation kicking in. In this case, the restore told me ALL settings were wireless and would be set upon wireless synch. But this was EVERYTHING display settings, voicemail forwards... NOTHING was actually restored at all. Very strange.

I did notice a new file in my backup directory. The infamous pool.bin. Never been in that directory before. Just showed up after the device switch and back up.

Deleted that file. Moved the back up to another machine. JL_Cmdr to Reset to Factory. Then I was able to do a full restore. Back to my normal work machine to do the Enterprise activation. All good.

Just very strange to have never seen that before in over 20 different upgrades.

???
Old 05-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #28
Soapm

So far so good... I hope the 3G and UMA work better with this OS. I have a heck of a time keeping IHeart Radio running smoothly. It played better on my 8310.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:34 AM   #29
crackberryadmin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: T-Mobile

Just to update my earlier posts now that it's been a couple days:

Battery life is much improved now. I'm back to what I was getting with previous builds. Been unplugged for 16 hours, and I'm still at 70%. No long phone calls today though.

Picture thumbnails are loading quickly like they used to. Realized that the reason it was slow to load before was because I upgraded from an 8GB to a 16GB memory card when I did the OS upgrade. Guess the BB just needed me to scroll through all the pics once and let them load on screen to cache the thumbnails?

The T-Mobile My Account App is working now. lol

Still have to make a few more long phone calls, and see how the radio is behaving, but overall this build is acting much better then it was before. Not going to downgrade.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #30
Soapm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
So far so good... I hope the 3G and UMA work better with this OS. I have a heck of a time keeping IHeart Radio running smoothly. It played better on my 8310.
No change, I still have to turn off GPS location aiding etc... in order to get IHEart to play acceptably well.

Is their anyway to tell if IHeart is using my Wi-Fi or is it using the TMobile 3G?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:34 AM   #31
MarcoFFM

Carrier: O2 Germany
Default Radio signal

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum though I have been reading your posts for quite some time now.
I've been updating my 9700 with multiple leaks and officials, but from my observations .423 still gives me the best results regarding radio signal. I get stable 3g service in places where with other firmware only GPRS is available at best. Particularly on .593 and .656 the signal on my BB bounces back and forth
Has anyone experienced the same or what is the firmware that you'd recommend regarding radio signal?
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #32
bradman16

Carrier: telus

can anyone else PLEASE confirm these findings? for .423?? I too need all the signal I can get as I live in a really weak 3g area, ie, I get no signal to one bar back and forth when at home :(. I used to use the old-school 7250 before I got the 9700 and had no issues whatsoever, so needless to say I was not pleased/still not pleased with the 9700 signal, thinking of getting one of those cell antenna things. Oh and FYI those things you stick under the battery that look like gold foiled stickers (market as supposedly able to increase signal), do NOT work. So, save your $, buy and app instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoFFM View Post
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum though I have been reading your posts for quite some time now.
I've been updating my 9700 with multiple leaks and officials, but from my observations .423 still gives me the best results regarding radio signal. I get stable 3g service in places where with other firmware only GPRS is available at best. Particularly on .593 and .656 the signal on my BB bounces back and forth
Has anyone experienced the same or what is the firmware that you'd recommend regarding radio signal?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #33
Mr. Knight
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: t Of Guiness
Carrier: ATT - BIS

I've been running this beta for a solid 2 days now, and I gotta say, the battery life and free memory is great. All the apps i have installed work flawlessly, even upgrading from .593 which was solid as well..
can't wait for OS 6!
Old 05-15-2010, 12:10 AM   #34
wu-wei

PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradman16 View Post
can anyone else PLEASE confirm these findings? for .423?? I too need all the signal I can get as I live in a really weak 3g area, ie, I get no signal to one bar back and forth when at home :(. I used to use the old-school 7250 before I got the 9700 and had no issues whatsoever, so needless to say I was not pleased/still not pleased with the 9700 signal, thinking of getting one of those cell antenna things. Oh and FYI those things you stick under the battery that look like gold foiled stickers (market as supposedly able to increase signal), do NOT work. So, save your $, buy and app instead.
You might consider changing settings to 2G only in the Mobile Network Options...that can at least have some impact on the use/reliability of 3G. If you were getting decent signal with a 7250, then I assume you should get similar performance with the 9700. I travel between a metro area with decent 3G and a rural area where I'm luck to get GPRS, and I find myself regularly switching this setting for battery performance more than anything. When I lived on the fringes of the 3G area, I was always bouncing between 3G and EDGE with no really consistent radio performance.
Closed Thread