Old 07-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #21
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Two big differences:

1. I am not in political office and thus not part of the public domain in that sense.

2. I am not a moralistic bible thumper who believes I have the right to dictate my morality onto the rest of the nation.

As for my children, I'd be happy for them to read this because I advocate critical thought as opposed to simplistic acceptance of what the powers that be say. Matter of fact, I'll forward it to them right now.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #22
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

I see JSanders point that she does get a lot of criticism but to me she opened herself up for all of it. She has some shady dealings that are being investigated and leaving her post will not make the inquests go away.
The personal attacks come from her coming out as the conservative pro-family / religious / anti-sex ed / mavericky.. Only to learn that her family & work life is nothing different.
She has scandals, her family has major issues & she like expensive clothing (especially if its free).

so yes sometimes people go too far, but it's almost too easy.

Last edited by test54; 07-06-2009 at 10:31 AM..
Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #23
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I think it is disgusting.

You would too if I were speaking of Michelle Obama that way, or Rush Limbaugh were making jokes about your daughter getting hit up in the stands at baseball stadium.

But maybe you wouldn't be, and that is the difference between you and I.

Oh well, back to Junior High for you, where you can get a laugh from it.

Last edited by JSanders; 07-06-2009 at 10:35 AM..
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #24
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
She has scandals, her family has major issues & she like expensive clothing (especially if its free).
Which scandals have proven to have some basis to them? Didn't I read that she has spent $500,000 to defend and exonerate herself on those accusations?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:34 AM   #25
test54
BlackBerry Master

I think its either a scandal or a media job that led to the early exit.

Last edited by test54; 07-06-2009 at 10:42 AM..
Old 07-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #26
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
You would too if I were speaking of Michelle Obama that way

Well, I suspect this illustrates one of the differences here quite well. If Michelle Obama -- or to be more accurate as a comparison we should focus on the elected official here -- made the same sort of idiotic comments that Palin has made I would most certainly advocate that they be pilloried -- remember I believe that all politicians regardless of party are lower on the integrity pole than common prostitutes, and deserve to be humiliated whenever they violate the public trust. Seems to me that you're just upset that the strategy of having a female pit bull didn't quite work out the way the neo-cons hoped.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #27
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Hey, "pilloried" and what you spoke of, are two different things.

I'm not upset, it's your character that you have to pull this thread down to vulgarity to make you laugh.

My point is that you shouldn't have to stoop as low.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #28
test54
BlackBerry Master

JSanders - Id remember the story came out about a reporter / radio host saying Michelle had gorilla arms - it goes both ways.

Others:

"I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless." SC Rep.

The Wendy Williams Experience) discuss the words of a comedian who called Michelle Obama "a big dude"

We can go to Hillary and see just how far everyone can take stories, please don't get all high and mighty like this is just happening now and to Palin. Every Politician gets made fun of and has their lifestyle picked apart. Its been a part of the job for a long time.
I think Palin get more because she says more on issues that has very little info on.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #29
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
I think it is disgusting.

You would too if I were speaking of Michelle Obama that way, or Rush Limbaugh were making jokes about your daughter getting hit up in the stands at baseball stadium.
I agree, but I'm still convinced that she resigned because she or someone close to her did something wrong. Otherwise there would have been an accompanying press release.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #30
ungrateful
No longer Registered.

Model: none
Carrier: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm2 View Post
Well, I suspect this illustrates one of the differences here quite well. If Michelle Obama -- or to be more accurate as a comparison we should focus on the elected official here -- made the same sort of idiotic comments that Palin has made I would most certainly advocate that they be pilloried -- remember I believe that all politicians regardless of party are lower on the integrity pole than common prostitutes, and deserve to be humiliated whenever they violate the public trust. Seems to me that you're just upset that the strategy of having a female pit bull didn't quite work out the way the neo-cons hoped.
Just like Obamas Bow to a foriegn King meant nothing right? But as i read through all of the posts in these types of threads you defended him, as did others in the thread.

I personally believe that she resigned because she was tired of the BS of the left.

I would def do her with my own penis i wouldnt need anothers nor would i want anothers.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
test54
BlackBerry Master

The Left? I think its her own Alaskan Republicans that put more pressure on her than anyone else.
I was hoping someone would come in and blame the "Left" for forcing her to leave midterm.... when its her own party in her own state that have been after her for years.
Although - I'm sure there were plenty of Dem. happy to see her make that speech.
I still think the reason for the resignation has yet to come out.

Last edited by test54; 07-06-2009 at 01:41 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #32
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
I still think the reason for the resignation has yet to come out.
Then you aren't listening very well.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:23 PM   #33
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Then you aren't listening very well.
I'm listening and waiting. So far I've heard nothing, apparently neither has much of the country which has no idea why she would leave in the middle of a term. I mean not even Gov. Sanford is leaving.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #34
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Oh, this part:

She's a Mom first. She referred to the "higher calling" in the speech. Do you know what the greatest job is that you'll ever have? As a parent.

1. Her oldest son is fighting in Iraq.
2. Her oldest daughter is going through pure hell raising a child and a slpit in the relationship with the father. And she is the target of many of the liberal left's arrows.
3. Her 13-14 y.o. daughter, who had been off target, is not the butt of Letterman jokes and idiots all over. Any of you should know this age is THE molding point for a young girl, she'll either grow strong or be crushed by all the crap.
4. Her youngest son is Down's Syndrome (or whatever it is called today).

They all need their mother, and they need her now.

You don't need to keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, the next scandal, or next year's political plans (although I am betting with the rabid left, the next scandal is on the way).

So, when it is ok for the right to start going after the Obama kids? It won't be, ever.
When will Letterman make a couple dollars embarrassing either of them? He won't.
When will YOU men stand up for what is right and leave this woman alone? I'm betting you're too cowardly to do so.

djm2's comments say more about himself, than they do about his dislike for Sarah Palin.

Personally, I hope she goes on the speaker's tour and make a boatload of money.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #35
test54
BlackBerry Master

Wow, little bitter are we?

Men stand up for what is right? leave the woman alone? she stepped into public life and with that dragged her entire family with her. She might have thought that Alaska is not like the lower 48 and she was right but by accepting the VP nomination she brought the attention on herself. And she reveled in it until it backfired.

You seem to think that only Republicans are ever targets. get real.
I'll agree that some of the jokes and stories are a bit much but your reasoning begs of sexism and that she is innocent.

I do think that if she did resign to be with her family then it is a great move. Her family no doubt has to be her top priority and that goes for any parent. So if thats the case then kudos to her. It just seems so strange to do it now, that brings out the questions for me atleast. And again, the liberals might be saying the jokes & making the public comments but you will find the the Alaskan Republicans are the ones putting on the Political pressure. She alienated the AK Republicans and they have been after her ever since.

and no doubt that whatever she does after this, she will get paid very very well.

Last edited by test54; 07-06-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #36
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Sexist? lol, Yea, I am bitter against the likes of djm2 who thinks he in his superior PhD wisdom can come across making comments like he did above. He should be embarrassed, he's not, it's his lack of character and conscience.

I don't see how it seems strange now that she resign? Her family needs her more than ever after all the media crushing her family.

And yes, I know all about "some" AK Republicans putting pressure on her... it's only natural after she beat a 20 year US Senator and one term Governor Frank Murkowski for re-election. If you recall (I guess you forgot the other half of the story) that Palin did help "out" Murkowski and his chief of staff who both pled guilty to federal conspiracy charges. So, she put down a 24+ year Republican boss, I would expect some retribution, and she is certainly getting it.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #37
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

I suppose if she were a man, people wouldn't be talking about the need to step down "for his family," or saying "his children need him." From that POV, it is somewhat sexist to say that because of a media crush she should step down. I mean, hers was/is nothing next to Obama's. Should he step down because of a media crush? If a woman were president, would people be talking about how unfair it was to her kids? I mean, where the bleep is the father's responsibility in all this???

The difference between Palin and Obama, and the millions of single working moms in this country (one of which I used to be), is that the former have state-supported assistance while they work and the latter do not.

OAN, I think the remarks in this thread about who would/wouldn't "do her," and with whose body parts, are totally out of line and totally without class.

Last edited by kathrynhr; 07-06-2009 at 04:22 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #38
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Kathryn, then you would understand, that IF, Sarah Palin is resigning because she feels her "higher calling" is that of a mother. She may just feel that being Governor and in the limelight is conflicting with her other job, as a mother, and she is making a choice.

IF that is indeed the case, you think that is sexist of her of to give priority of being a mom?

And yes, there is a great difference in being a father and mother. Both jobs are equally as important in a family, and quite naturally, some moms and dads don't perform the opposite role to well, when one of the other is absent. That is pretty much sociologically and psychologically well proven. Kids need a mom. Kids need a dad.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #39
ungrateful
No longer Registered.

Model: none
Carrier: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post

OAN, I think the remarks in this thread about who would/wouldn't "do her," and with whose body parts, are totally out of line and totally without class.
well you are certainly entitled to your thoughts. But so are the men in the thread. Its a sensitive section. So how is it out of line?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:18 PM   #40
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungrateful
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post

well you are certainly entitled to your thoughts. But so are the men in the thread. Its a sensitive section. So how is it out of line?
Well, as one who has made some of the comments, I will give Kathyrn some props for a legitimate comment -- certainly more so than JSanders who was (I suspect) following marching orders from the party. Stay on message boys!
Closed Thread