Please Login to Remove!

why is it murky thats what they are
Old 01-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #22
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

The CIA / US will simply ship suspected terrorists to another country where they will do the dirty work... To think anything less will happen, is well, naive...

Kris
Old 01-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #23
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Do we really want to hug and kiss our enemies???

Interesting....

Freed Gitmo terrorist now network leader

On top of this clown resuming his work, it is suspected that another 61 resumed terror after their release....

Kris
Old 01-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #24
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Obama is simply carrying out a campaign promise made to appease the left who believe no one should be punished for the acts of terrorism carried out against the world.

It's pandering to his farthest of the far left, which is the reason it was done first off on his first day, very showy and with all the pomp of the Office, as a very loud political statement to his terrorist supporters like Bill Ayers (who by the way, even Canada refused his entry into their country this past weekend, based on his background.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #25
krzyfrog

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

I agree with LunkHead. I mean there is really no other reason for their to be a prison in another country. EXCEPT that they are doing things they shouldnt be. Now yes they will claim it is to get certain vital information. This is also where I am on the fence. We are at war and yes sometimes in war you must do things you normally would not do. However I think there needs to be some sort of oversight keeping an eye on things to make sure they dont go too far. Having a prison so far off our shores and so closed off just spells bad news. Yes they are terrorist and would do us harm if they could. But as was previously stated someone needs to stop and be the adult. Its a vicious circle. They hurt us, we hurt them, etc.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #26
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

I was not a big Bush fan but have you noticed there has not been a single terrorist attack in the US since 911?

He did send a very clear message... Mess with us and we will bomb you back into the stone age... I am sure much precious information has come from prisoners at Gitmo....

Obama scares me, he want to hug these people when we should be sending a clear message... We have bombs in storage that have dust on them, mess with us and we will use them to free up warehouse space...

My .02

Kris
Old 01-23-2009, 09:58 AM   #27
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzyfrog View Post
I agree with LunkHead. I mean there is really no other reason for their to be a prison in another country. EXCEPT that they are doing things they shouldnt be. Now yes they will claim it is to get certain vital information. This is also where I am on the fence. We are at war and yes sometimes in war you must do things you normally would not do. However I think there needs to be some sort of oversight keeping an eye on things to make sure they dont go too far. Having a prison so far off our shores and so closed off just spells bad news. Yes they are terrorist and would do us harm if they could. But as was previously stated someone needs to stop and be the adult. Its a vicious circle. They hurt us, we hurt them, etc.
Over sight committees are whats wrong with this country in the first place. Instead of letting people do what they know how to do to the micro manage.

I think they should have a mass trial if found guilty they should march them outside and have a firing squad. I think if you did this they would all start singing. Then again these arent regualr people like you and I. They are fanatics that believe you and I should die a brutal painful death.

But hey lets give them a hug and send them on their way. I will go on record and say with in two years or less we will be attacked again.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 AM   #28
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (BB 850)

I agree Dawg! I also think we are pulling out of Iraq to soon! If we *must* pull out then let's be smart about it... Turn Iraq over to a coalition force of Arab nations..

Anything less, an early pull out, will result in us going back in the years to come with twice the mess we have there now...

Iraq will be in civil war within 2-years of our pull out..

Sorry for getting off-topic..

I am sure Israel would be a nice resting place for many Gitmo residents.. Except, that Israel won't be giving them hugs and kisses!

Kris
Old 01-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #29
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
The CIA / US will simply ship suspected terrorists to another country where they will do the dirty work... To think anything less will happen, is well, naive...

Kris

this is true, so where is the hugs and kisses? you don't make sense.

and those who might have been imprisoned in gitmo unjustly would certainly by this point hate the US enough to become a terrorist.

and 16 months is plenty of time to leave Iraq with our combat brigades. Iraq should be able to stand on its own and if not then let them figure it out.

my opinion also is that by starting an unjustified war in Iraq, Bush changed the focus of the terrorists to that battlefield. Had nothing to do with US homeland security or diplomacy of any kind.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #30
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

If there is ANY Israeli nation left in a few years. Remember, there is a certain large population whose stated goal is to see the eradication of the Israeli state, many of which threw there support behind our current President. Coincidence?

Last edited by JSanders; 01-23-2009 at 10:17 AM..
Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #31
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFlier View Post
Because we're better than they are, and don't wish to lower ourselves to their moral level?
Yes we are... We don't hijack commercial airliners and crash them into civilian businesses... We don't strap bombs on our body and blow up school buses...

We dont........ Ect....

Beating them with a wet noodle to get information that keeps our country, our children and our way of life safe..... Ya, I'm OK with that....

Kris
Old 01-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #32
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
If there is ANY Israeli nation left in a few years. Remember, there is a certain large population whose stated goal is to see the eradication of the Israeli state, many of which threw there support behind our current President. Coincidence?
Very true JS.... Israel has always been a strong friend to the US... They sat by quietly while they were shelled by Iraq in 1991... Their people killed, their nation attacked... Yet they did nothing simply because we asked....

I was in Holon (outside of Tel-Aviv) for 8 months back in 1990...

Every past US president has been a strong supporter of Israel for decades... Israel is too strong and mighty of a nation to not survive.. They are surrounded by nations that hate them, yet they continue....

Kris

Last edited by LunkHead; 01-23-2009 at 10:29 AM..
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #33
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
well thats been the case for 40+ years and they have fared very well in every military conflict so far. And they are stronger now than ever before. There are now several countries that do not wish to destroy Israel, try Egypt & Jordan.

just because hamas, iran & lebanon are very vocal about their plans does not make them capable of large scale action. I think the only real threat to a complete destruction would be iran & nukes, and we know thats a hot topic now.

I like that we support both countries, Obama is a big supporter of Israel and this was evident in Israel where they had huge rallies & parties for his inauguration. On the contrary in Palestine they are not big fans as he has yet to say how he will support them. However, we do send a lot of $$ to Palestine in foreign aid.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #34
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yep, I agree with much of that, but I didn't say countries, I said "certain large population".
Old 01-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #35
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

So what to do with all the Gitmo'ers? No other country wants them.... ( I wonder why? )

I expect they will be sent to US prisons across the nation to await their fate... What about the ones who can be released now but nobody is willing to take them in? Do we put em on welfare?

What about future terrorists taken into custody? Do we never put a pinkie on them, call a friend from another nation, and that nation whisks them away then is kind enough to share the information they got with us....

Kris
Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #36
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Bill Ayers would proudly house them.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #37
test54
BlackBerry Master

bring them to the US, we have plenty of old or closed military bases to use. When I lived in Charleston, SC they used an underground weapons facility to house the "dirty bomber" for years. certainly there is plenty of room to house them here.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #38
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Wirelessly posted (BB 850)

True... Or... The White House has like 130 rooms.. I guess they could stay there for a while...

They could help with White House lawn care, babysit, assist with the economic recovery plan, and look over what's his names tax return...

Kris
Old 01-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #39
test54
BlackBerry Master

they could use dick cheney's private prisons in texas, i hear they are expensive though.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #40
dmead
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: EVO
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint

why can't we chuck them over the fence into cuba. let them be Raul Castro's problem.
Closed Thread