BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
justkitteh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Default Browser failings...

Please Login to Remove!

So, I've got this website, hacktheplanet.fiter.org and all of the color etc tags are exactly the same.

When I go to it on my BB, the front page loads perfectly, but every otehr page is black text on a black background, rather then white on black as the tags dictate. SO, why might this be happening? The fornt page has the same tags and loads fine...
Old 12-17-2006, 07:39 AM   #2
JerryD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkitteh
So, I've got this website, hacktheplanet.fiter.org and all of the color etc tags are exactly the same.

When I go to it on my BB, the front page loads perfectly, but every otehr page is black text on a black background, rather then white on black as the tags dictate. SO, why might this be happening? The fornt page has the same tags and loads fine...
Go to your Browser options and try changing the Emulation Mode to Microsoft IE. Also make sure all the check box options on the bottom are checked. I'm set that way and not seeing the problem.

BTW - do this on your Internet Browser - not your BlackBerry or WAP browser.

There are a few sites (mobile.blackberry.com) that won't allow you to download if the BlackBerry isn't recognized - so for the BlackBerry Browser (which goes through your BES network) I leave emulation set to BlackBerry and only Foreground/Background colors checked - these are the Default settings.

For the WAP (Cingular for me) Browser, emulation is also BlackBerry, but Media and Java are unchecked - again how it came. This goes through your provider's network.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:21 PM   #3
justkitteh
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryD
Go to your Browser options and try changing the Emulation Mode to Microsoft IE. Also make sure all the check box options on the bottom are checked. I'm set that way and not seeing the problem.

BTW - do this on your Internet Browser - not your BlackBerry or WAP browser.

There are a few sites (mobile.blackberry.com) that won't allow you to download if the BlackBerry isn't recognized - so for the BlackBerry Browser (which goes through your BES network) I leave emulation set to BlackBerry and only Foreground/Background colors checked - these are the Default settings.

For the WAP (Cingular for me) Browser, emulation is also BlackBerry, but Media and Java are unchecked - again how it came. This goes through your provider's network.
Pages were missing "</body></html>" lol I suck ****s.
Closed Thread