Blackberry Guru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyckitching View Post
It doesn't look to be anything major, at least at first glance. I am trying to find some sort of release notes but can't find anything. Maybe ani will post something.
The only thing I really notice is the registration link is now gone for registered users.

Everything else looks and feels the same in the this update.....
Old 01-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #102
ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: Airtel
Default Empower HTML Mail Viewer Pro now with Wifi

Dear All,

Empower Mail Viewer PRO edition just got even better! We are ready with another significant upgrade (one that our Canadian friends will specially love )

Here is announcing Pro Wifi - all the best of Pro Edition now with Wifi support. A detailed list of new features follows below -

1. WiFi Connections : The most significant feature enhancement in this version is WiFi. WiFi enabled devices can now download images over Wifi! Web registration and auto-update also will work over Wifi. Also added an option to download images using wifi only and not use any other connection.

2. Toggle Name/Email Address: A new menu item to toggle between name and addresses of all the sender/recepients. You can also just press the shortcut key 'A' for Qwerty devices.

3. Option to Auto-expand Attachments under header

4. Added font smoothing to header fonts as well.

5. Single Click launch for URLs - For trackball based devices.

6. New Option: In the original EMV Std, there used to be an Option for link shortening - "Full Link Address". This was with-held in the Pro with the assumption that almost everyone preferred the shortened links. However, we are re-introducing this feature as some users asked for it.

7. New Option: Added an option under Advanced options to set Strict/Lenient URL Parsing. Leniant parsing of urls allows { } etc in the urls which are "technically" disallowed.

8. In Appointments the default reminder is now set (to 15 minutes). Earlier you had to set the reminder everytime.

9. Hide the Registration screen if registered.

10. Images bigger than screen will occupy full width of the screen, and not lesser.

11. . False positives for Smileys removed. Eg email:Dan@gmail.com will not show a smiley.

12. Declares itself as Pro in Empower Options > About

The information about update has been published and EMV AutoUpdate should tell you about the available update within next 24 hours.

However, if you don't want to wait those 24 hours here is how to update.

How to Update
This version is labelled 3.0.66.7 for OS 4.2.1 and higher. And labelled 3.0.6642.7 for OS 4.2. A release for 4.1 is will soon be made available.

To upgrade just point your BlackBerry browser to www.getempower.com/ota

Hope you will love the new upgrade!

Best Regards,
Ani
Old 01-25-2008, 04:42 PM   #103
Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

I did love getting notification in a header of an email I was reading, and being able to download/install right then. Very nice.

Only question I have is what to do w/the URL Parsing option. Is there any down-side to turning strict URL Parsing off?

Nice update!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #104
ani

Model: 8700
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
Only question I have is what to do w/the URL Parsing option. Is there any down-side to turning strict URL Parsing off?
Most of the browsers do not use strict parsing including the blackberry browser and the default for a fresh install of EMV 3.0.66 is strict parsing off.

However, if you are installing it over the previous version, strict parsing option will remain on. You can safely turn it off.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:43 PM   #105
larry_q

Model: 8320
Carrier: fido
Default re: new wifi version - images

Hi Ani,
If I set your advance options to WIFI and start loading the images in my email, is this covered by WIFI or continued usage of my data (EDGE).
Please let us know. I am a registered user, this is a great program, highly recommended.
Thanks,
Larry
Old 01-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #106
dani77
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

I went to the site to upgrade to Pro. When I sign in with my email and use my order number as my password/id it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by dani77; 01-25-2008 at 08:36 PM..
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #107
kobryant
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Cingular

Having issues with Empower BEs after 8310 upgrade to 4.5 OS. Instead of showing my BES mailbox, it shows unfiled messages. Will this work with 4.5 at all?

Kevin
Old 07-06-2008, 10:16 AM   #108
sheldonbk

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobryant View Post
Having issues with Empower BEs after 8310 upgrade to 4.5 OS. Instead of showing my BES mailbox, it shows unfiled messages. Will this work with 4.5 at all?

Kevin
In Empower Pro options, go to about and click "chck for updates". There is a 4.5 update out that will make it work again. When you download it, it will show that it's vsn 3.0.68.x. For some reason, after I did that and checked "about'" again, it showed vsn 3.0.70.7.

One drawback, I find now that if I reply to a msg, Empower Pro won't show the part of the msg with the original text. (Same old but that made me give up on BBSmart's program.)

Sheldon

Last edited by sheldonbk; 07-06-2008 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: to add version numbers for 4.5 update
Old 07-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #109
zulu1128

Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobryant View Post

Kevin
As of now BES Mailbox doesn't work with OS 4.5. I'm told they are working on an update, but there is no timetable.
Closed Thread