JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-economist View Post
Seems not only you have to kill, you also have to be efficient in wiping whole cities with children and babies. Because if you do a half arsed job, or you hold your sword back (refuse to kill) you're cursed.

You're still being ignorant.

Whatever, another christian-basher. Enjoy your hatred.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #22
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
And what am I not forgiving?
Apparently someone in the name of christianity, who wronged you long ago.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #23
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Anyways...

I personally am getting tired of you and the cohort here who find any and every reason to bash Christians. Really... it's way past old. If you hate Christians that much, get some help for it. It's not doing you any good.

I'm very tired of it.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:15 PM   #24
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Anyways...

I personally am getting tired of you and the cohort here who find any and every reason to bash Christians. Really... it's way past old. If you hate Christians that much, get some help for it. It's not doing you any good.

I'm very tired of it.
Wow, well not quite sure why I am being lumped in with the new guy. I certainly am not bashing christianity. I am stating that there are fanatics amongst the group like there are with every other group in the world. Am I bashing everyone then?

And so so sorry to be making you tired of it..... Didn't You miss me??

Last edited by test54; 03-30-2010 at 01:20 PM..
Old 03-30-2010, 01:34 PM   #25
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Wow, well not quite sure why I am being lumped in with the new guy.
Yea, seems one or both of you are tarnishing the reputation of ALL christian-bashers out there.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #26
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

@the-economist:

For the sake of elucidation:

The Old Testament is an historical reference for Christ-followers. It is Jewish law, Jewish poetry and other Jewish books. It is NOT Christian law. Although Christ was a Jew, many of his teachings were in direct violation of existing Jewish teachings and accepted Jewish traditions, which is one of many reasons that they cited for killing him.

Any book of the Bible that you are quoting, prior to the book of Matthew, does not contain the instructions of Christ that Christians are bound to follow. It contains the history of the Jewish people prior to Christ.

@Test:

My beliefs are not the issue. I sometimes wish they were. Christ himself is clear: if someone does not attempt to follow Christ (his teachings), he is not a Christian. Since he's the one who created the faith, his definition is the valid one. Not mine, not pop culture's, not these fringe folks'.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #27
kathrynhr

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Didn't You miss me??
I did.

Glad you're back. Looking forward to some great debates, only half of which we will agree upon but all of which I will enjoy.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #28
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
@the-economist:

Any book of the Bible that you are quoting, prior to the book of Matthew, does not contain the instructions of Christ that Christians are bound to follow. It contains the history of the Jewish people prior to Christ.
Thanks for the clarification kathryn, appreciated. So what about this?
Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD (Jeremiah 50:21-22) Isn't that the word of god? Sure seems like it.

And someone else advised i complete my research with the New Testament and i'm always ready to follow advice offered in a polite educational manner.
So since i'm holding the good book let's see the new testament.

They disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. (Romans 1:29)

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me (Luke 19:26)

It really seems to make no difference what book i pick up. I'm always instructed clearly to kill in the name of god.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:59 PM   #29
Noodle22

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I don't think test54 is bashing Christianity, he's just trying to debate and define what makes a Christian. To me that doesn't seem like he's bashing anything, just keeping an open mind.

The economist on the other hand, is clearly doing so.
blue.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
the-economist
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Vodafone Business

Quote:
Looking forward to some great debates, only half of which we will agree upon but all of which I will enjoy.
I for one i'm extremely happy to see that although you seem to be deeply religious you're also ready to debate any topic in a polite and concise manner.
Even the ones one would expect you to be uncomfortable with. Good job girl
Old 03-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #31
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over themxxx8212;bring them here and kill them in front of me (Luke 19:26)
Now, you're misquoting the Bible and Christ. For one, that is actually verse 27, not 26. And IF you read the entire chapter, you'll see that Christ is telling a parable. He's not commanding any killing.

Research failure.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #32
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:

They disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. (Romans 1:29)
Another failure to carry out your task.

At this point, Paul is writing of the Jews of the past. He is not instructing anyone to kill. As a matter of fact, he completes that with writing, "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."
Old 03-30-2010, 02:21 PM   #33
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
I don't think test54 is bashing Christianity, he's just trying to debate and define what makes a Christian. To me that doesn't seem like he's bashing anything, just keeping an open mind.

The economist on the other hand, is clearly doing so.
No, test54 is throwing nutcase articles like this out here as his way of condemnation. It's his M.O. Noodle, read his first two posts in this thread, where does he ask for debate on what defines a Christian? He's doing quite the opposite.

And, they both are bashing. Test54 has done it for ages around here. He finds extreme articles like this, posts it, initially purports it to represent Christians in broad general statements, and today he's backed down somewhat. Good for him.

Last edited by JSanders; 03-30-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Old 03-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #34
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
No, test54 is throwing nutcase articles like this out here as his way of condemnation. It's his M.O. Noodle, read his first two posts in this thread, where does he ask for debate on what defines a Christian? He's doing quite the opposite.

And, they both are bashing. Test54 has done it for ages around here. He finds extreme articles like this, posts it, initially purports it to represent Christians in broad general statements, and today he's backed down somewhat. Good for him.
Really?? It's my M.O. to bash Christians? My post here was to show that these guys are nuts and that it's not just Islam that has fanatics. Thats it.
you are the one that brought in the Christian Bashing.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #35
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
I did.

Glad you're back. Looking forward to some great debates, only half of which we will agree upon but all of which I will enjoy.
Thanks. I'll have to find non-Christian topics though because JSanders gets very personal and defensive.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:09 PM   #36
Noodle22

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I guess I haven't been here long enough to see what has happened in the past, just going from what I am seeing now.
blue.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #37
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
and that it's not just Islam that has fanatics. Thats it.
Oh, ok. I missed that. Somehow anything about Islam failed to get mentioned until halfway through.

Back up fail.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #38
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
I guess I haven't been here long enough to see what has happened in the past, just going from what I am seeing now.
I consider myself as a pretty liberal Christian that was well educated at a conservative Christian High School and Christian College. I do question many things about blind faith however in here I merely like to spur good discussion.
Sometimes that requires being the devil's advocate. Some do not like my methods.....
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #39
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Thanks. I'll have to find non-Christian topics though because JSanders gets very personal and defensive.
Yep, thanks. I'll welcome that. My reaction comes naturally from your making it very personal and offensive.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:25 PM   #40
test54
BlackBerry Master

Quote:
Yep, thanks. I'll welcome that. My reaction comes naturally from your making it very personal and offensive.
I apologize but how exactly did I make it very personal and offensive?