xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: xxx

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky999 View Post
I'd like the ability to delete a song off my Curve. Ideally, I could be in shuffle mode, hit Delete, it would delete and go to next song. Or, if that is not possible, delete after it finishes.

I rip a bunch to my computer, autmomatically sync, then find out some songs are no good.
Do you want delete file from playlist after play it?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #122
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!
Carrier: T-Mobile

The ota download is not working for me. I tried from here and your main website.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 09-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #123
xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFreak View Post
The ota download is not working for me. I tried from here and your main website.
I really want to help you, what problems do you have, what error message?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #124
xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thumbs up v.0.96 BETA is available now!

Hello friends,

And again I represent to you the next update of xPlayer.
I express greater gratitude for your help in creation and improvement of the xPlayer. Any of your wishes will not pass by us and we shall consider whenever possible each of your remarks, we shall try to fix all issues available you. The your responses and wishes will be more active, the it is more than functionality we shall include in this project!

New features and fixes in this update:
- add option xxx8220;Include subfolderxxx8221; when open a folder with media files. You can now manage this parameter in application Settings (select Settings from main menu);
- full screen video playback support;
- fix issue with shuffle. Now shuffle mode is applied to xxx8220;Nextxxx8221; command;
- implement new navigation scheme. If cursor on the current played file, pause will be selected, if cursor on the other file playback of selected file will be selected;
- add option duplicate files in playlist. You can change this option in application Settings;
- shortcuts help is added;
- mute is supported now. Shortcut xxx8211; xxx8216;mxxx8217;;
- Phone button goes application to background without pause (for audio files only);
- Support additional file formats: wma, mp4;
- 8700 device (OS 4.2) now supported (navigation, shortcuts, change volume etc).

Download: X-BerrySoft - BlackBerry software for every day
OTA: wap.x-berrysoft.com

Our roadmap for next updates:
- Support META information;
- Support themes;
- Multiselect files option supports

Waiting for your active feedback!
X-Berry Soft
Old 09-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #125
b_ohare
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Smile Spell check

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxdev View Post
Waiting for your active feedback!
Just a quick one... on settings, I think you meant "duplicate" instead of "dublicate."

Thanx again for the great app.

- B.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #126
cek151
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

ok installed the new one.the mp4 video's that were converted with bb desktop manager play in slow motion.and thats not just one all the file's.you should have takeing the setting's from roxio and put it in the app.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #127
am_bb8800
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Telstra

Mate IM SOLD! on one item alone, "Subfolders".

I will be using it as my No1 media player, Thanks.

It also plays the avi file (converted DVD).

Oh during OTA download the file info showed V0.95 but after download the about screen shows V0.96.

Minor items,

1. In shuffle mod when using the next/previous (N/P) the next works ie it will shuffle to a random file but the previous goes back 1 song in the playlist and not back to the song that played previously.

2. Still doesn't recognise existing playlists (m3u).

New features

3. Add a "properties" menu so you can look at the file properties of the file playing on in your playlist ie file location, format, size, etc

4. Support for Album art work.

5. Setting to allow scrolling file details during playback (similar to the standard 8800 media player.

6. During playback of a playlist, can you display or highlight the the song that is playing on the playlist. At present during shuffle, the player jumps to the next song but the playlist doesn't change to show the highlighted song that is playing.

ALL IN ALL GREAT !!!! (I can now add subfolders)

UPDATE

JUST HAD A MAJOR CRASH

While playing back in backgroud mode the 8800 Crashed, I just spoke to someone that sent a SMS at the time of the crash so I'll do some testing.

This is the first time the 8800 has crashed but it maybe coincidental.

CONFIRMED

An SMS or Email Alert courses the BB to reset during background playback I just tested it 3 times, please let me know if you need any more info. At 1st it was a SMS so i thought i'd test it with an email and yes it crashed it as well. So it looks like any alert kills it, maybe it can't play the music and the alert at the same time.

I also tested the factory media player and the fault is not there.

Sorry

http://www.geocities.com/amux50

Last edited by am_bb8800; 09-05-2007 at 09:17 PM..
Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #128
BBFreak
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: If you knew me you would have it!

My problem was user error when trying to download it. Finally got it downloaded and time to test it out tomorrow.

Looking to buy or sale used car audio?
www.caraudioclassifieds.org
Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 PM   #129
JaredH
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

XM Radio support please.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:32 AM   #130
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mo

Nice update!

Quick question, though: I see the shortcut list in the help menu, but what exactly is the key mapping for the 8100? The shortcut list doesn't seem to correspond to what happens on the 8100. Certainly "p" does not work at all (and I echo a previous poster's request to have "p" access the previous song played when in shuffle mode, not the previous song in the list).

When selecting a folder with many subfolders (and songs), this app takes much longer to start up than the built-in BB player. I suppose this is because it is building the long playlist to display on the screen, while the BB player initially just shows the current song info and brings up the playlist only on request. Any way to speed up the start-up?

Also, when in shuffle mode, would it be possible to display the playlist in the order the songs would be played instead of the order they are on the card? And speaking of shuffle mode, perhaps a shortcut that moves the playlist so that the current song is shown on screen. (requests requests )

I'm not sold on the new trackball navigation scheme (pause if cursor on the currently playing file, play another file if cursor on a different file). I see the desirability in easily selecting a song that way, but it makes it near impossible to pause a song with the trackball when in shuffle mode because the cursor is never on the current song (at least that I can tell).

On the BB player I always disliked that the built-in mute button on the top edge of the 8100 locked the keyboard *and* muted/paused the song (there was no easy way to just lock the keys); your player follows the pattern of all the other BB apps in that this button just locks the keys. Would it be possible, though, to have your mute shortcut (m) also pause the song?

Sorry for the long post...thanks for the excellent work!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 AM   #131
Lowrider

Carrier: CBW

If you could support Sirius and XM, you'd make some serious $$$.
btw...this is the best player yet and still in beta. hehe
Old 09-06-2007, 05:48 AM   #132
hevgrant
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: 02
Smile

I'll try it, always up for anything that can make my blackberry better.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:08 AM   #133
Michbb

PIN: 23FAA477
Carrier: Tmo

Did I miss something.... when I go get the update I show .95 also it would be nice to be able to update the program from just going into the program and selecting update from there.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #134
rocky999
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&T

Quote:
Do you want delete file from playlist after play it?
I'd actually like to delete it from my device. I will periodically load a bunch of songs that I think I might like. Start listening to them. Hear I don't like them. And want to purge from my Berry so that I never hear it again.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:01 PM   #135
danimal4326
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Hello friends,

And again I represent to you the next update of xPlayer.
I

Wow.. this is much better. You got pretty much all the suggestions i posted. I love the new navigation scheme. Much easier to select another track quickly.

The "End Call" button works perfectly to put app in background.

The "Help" option is much appreciated

...and video full screen works!!!

Great job!!!!!

now whats missing is being able to scroll to a position in a song or video...
Old 09-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #136
Horizon Wireless
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9920
PIN: 3218B513
Carrier: ROGERS AND FIDO

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Album art would be amazing, this is a great player
Old 09-07-2007, 05:29 AM   #137
xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeek View Post
Nice update!

Quick question, though: I see the shortcut list in the help menu, but what exactly is the key mapping for the 8100? The shortcut list doesn't seem to correspond to what happens on the 8100. Certainly "p" does not work at all (and I echo a previous poster's request to have "p" access the previous song played when in shuffle mode, not the previous song in the list).
shortcuts don't work, may be you should off ALT or Shift?
I have bb8100 and have no problems with it

Quote:
When selecting a folder with many subfolders (and songs), this app takes much longer to start up than the built-in BB player
we will fix it soon

Quote:
Also, when in shuffle mode, would it be possible to display the playlist in the order the songs would be played instead of the order they are on the card? And speaking of shuffle mode, perhaps a shortcut that moves the playlist so that the current song is shown on screen. (requests requests )
Nice ideas, thanks

Quote:
I'm not sold on the new trackball navigation scheme (pause if cursor on the currently playing file, play another file if cursor on a different file). I see the desirability in easily selecting a song that way, but it makes it near impossible to pause a song with the trackball when in shuffle mode because the cursor is never on the current song (at least that I can tell).
What do you suggest?

Quote:
On the BB player I always disliked that the built-in mute button on the top edge of the 8100 locked the keyboard *and* muted/paused the song (there was no easy way to just lock the keys); your player follows the pattern of all the other BB apps in that this button just locks the keys. Would it be possible, though, to have your mute shortcut (m) also pause the song?
Yes, if need

Quote:
Sorry for the long post...thanks for the excellent work!
Thanks, very good feedback
Old 09-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #138
am_bb8800
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telstra

xxxdev, any comments on the crash i had with the SMS and Email alerts during playback, I'm hopping it will be fixed in the next version but I'm just interested in your coments.

http://www.geocities.com/amux50
Old 09-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #139
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mo

Quote:
shortcuts don't work, may be you should off ALT or Shift?
I have bb8100 and have no problems with it
Well, one problem was that I had shuffle turned on ...at some point the playlist reaches the last song to be played and the "next" shortcuts have no "next" song to go to, so they appear not to work. Same thing with the "previous" shortcuts when at the first song of the list. Makes sense. All the keys work as advertised on my Pearl except the "p" key...it does nothing. Pity, since "p"="previous"

Quote:
What do you suggest?
I've been thinking about this some more. The trackball scheme you have is good, but the problem is when the playlist is long (dozens of songs) and it is in shuffle mode, then the current song might not be in the part of the playlist displayed on screen. In a long list it could take a long time to find the song in order to use the trackball to pause it. Of course one could always use the menu, but the trackball is so much more convenient. Maybe a solution would be to keep the part of the playlist that is displayed dynamic so that it always shows the current song.

By the way, the mute button only mutes the current song, and becomes "unmuted" when the next song starts up...is that by design?
Old 09-08-2007, 01:51 AM   #140
xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by am_bb8800 View Post
xxxdev, any comments on the crash i had with the SMS and Email alerts during playback, I'm hopping it will be fixed in the next version but I'm just interested in your coments.
yes, i'll try to fix it certainly

Thanks,