BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
f0rmat

Model: 8300
Carrier: att
Default Just upgraded from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5 and email is down.

Please Login to Remove!

I just did an upgrade from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5 and after all the reboots, the blackberry services themselves are started and working, but I had the world wide web publishing service fail to start. This happened last time I upgraded from 4.0.5 to 4.1.3(after finding an old post of mine from 8/9/07) so I don't think that's causing the issue. I am able to send my handheld a test PIN msg from the server, and I can use blackberry messenger with other devices, but am unable to send any email. I rebooted the server again after about 30 minutes to see if I could sort out the WWW publishing service issue, but to no avail. Right after the reboot I got a few messages from devices and servers but nothing since.. The one message I did get from another users device showed up as a red X on his(general send failure) error.

I'm just playing the waiting game now.. but starting to get a little nervous.. anyone have any tips?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:26 PM   #2
f0rmat

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

its back up.. again.. just jumping the gun a little too soon. Still not sure why the WWW publisher service wont start..
Old 05-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
baucomjd

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Sprint

Check your Event logs. I've had this happen once or twice on other servers, but each time it was something different. Usually the logs will point you in the right direction.
Closed Thread