BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
winebuff
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Angry Storm glitches, HELP , anyone else have trouble?

Please Login to Remove!

I have had my storn since the first day and it acts a bit weird. When I am typing something, it freezes and it goes to a view like the camera is looking to take a picture without the camera settings. It has done that a few times. Hold it up and wave it around and it looks like you are tyring to take a picture but without settings. Not sure if I will keep it. It is really hard to type on, very quirky in general. Will it get better with software u[grades or is it back to my curve which worked 100 percent of the time. Help, is anyone else having glitches and if so, have you havd this come up. Veryf rustrated. Want to love it but the jury is still out.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
thematth

Carrier: Verizon

ive had that problem, but i hear that they are supposed to be fixing that glitch within the first week of december as well as a few other glitches, i dont really care if you keep it or not because for me mine dosnt happen very often and i love my storm
Old 11-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
solipsist

do you accidentally hit any of the convenience keys on the side? also on the typing, have you tried to change the keyboard/screen settings to adapt to your speed and click responsiveness?
options< screen/keyboard < touchscreen.
play with the settings it might help your typing.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
winebuff

No, I changed the convenience keys so it doesnt have the camera on either one. Very strange. It goes to typing an email to lloking around like it is in camera taking mode with no buttons, just a blank screen. I will try what you suggested though.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
ivanrooni

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile
Default Storm Issues

Yes, I've had that happen as well. Will try tonight to see if there is an update. The phone seems a bit slow/ lags when changing screens/ going to the home screen from browser. I have gotten better with the typing. Forget the surepress and multitap portrait keyboard. The landscape is the best for me. I realize that I will always be having to use two hands to type if I keep it. My other BBs I could hold the phone and type with one hand and quicker than on the Storm with two.

I really like the browser. It is fast in the 3G coverage. However, my house is just out of the 3G coverage and it sure would have been nice to have the WIFI capability. I think Verizon should have insisted on that feature. I hate to part with it for I have grown accustomed to the bright screen/ slickness of the touch screen, etc. My Curve looks antiquated next to it, but I have updated that OS to 4.5 and it is new/ better than the 4.2 OS.

Decisions decisions decisions... I wish it was just a blow away got to have phone and my decision would be much easier. That in and of itself makes me wonder if I will wait out the Bold coming to my current carrier.

Nonetheless, The Storm does have quirkiness and I hear they are trying to get it worked out. I just do not want to commit to trying to work it out for my money.

Thanks
Ivan
Closed Thread