Old 08-08-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
UnderNewbie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Researcher
Default Will 9800 be real Torch?

Please Login to Remove!

I read the review from here and internet browsing of 9800, iPhone 4, and Samsung from here so, I feel very disappointed with 9800 from the following points that will make RIM loss more users to Android or other competitors for sure:

- Slow web browsing - I don't know why RIM did not improve much in this function. Even on my 9700 with Wifi. Web browsing speed is slower than my friend's Nokia E63, E72.

- Low screen resolution: I still don't know why RIM used such a low screen resolution at 360x480px. That is must be too low. What will happen if I zoom in a page? Can I see it clearly as I saw it on iPhone 4 or iPad?

- No 3D engine for 3D game, no new processor in comparison with my 9700: Will it process the movie smoothly? Can I watt 720p movie on 9800? I think it is impossible!

-Design: As far as I know, its design looks like Palm. I don't think the keyboard like that will be very convenient for users. It's seem small, hard to handle. It is not sure, but I guess so.

With some first points I saw, I can sure that a lot of Blackberry users are thinking of going for other phone now. There are not much improvement from RIM so far even with new other phones (from design, function, entertainment, ... point of views).

What do you guys think?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Seems like a lot of pure speculation until you use one yourself.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #3
cyclmpc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

I wonder how many people will actually stay away from the 'reviews' and just wait until they can play with one and make up their own minds? Does anyone out there trust their own judgements over these 'reviewers'? It sure doesn't seem so. So sad.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Nope; apparently reading the specs and listening to reviewers is significantly easier (and better) than drawing your own conclusions. Lame.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #5
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

I'll be ordering one to evaluate for work, so will hold off on what I think about it until I actually use it.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #6
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Its all about the marketing..... have yet to see an ad on TV for the torch but so many facetime and droidX. I played with the torch for a few hours and its a blackberry; familiar and yet new. Nobody has the notification platform that BBs do and now with the touch screen its a different experience. Reviews are just that, reviews; someone else's perspective.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
UnderNewbie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thank for all you guys posting here!
For a lot of reasons, to be sure that BB users will not have some crazy fans like Apple (they will blame all other opposite ideas that against iPhone), I saw you share your ideas here so calm and polite. I love that!
For me, I was expecting too much in 9800 and I expect to have one too. But I wait for so long ...
Old 08-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Plus you need to remember that RIM and the BB is, first and foremost, a device for business users, not consumers. I would think its business functions such as email, calendar and contacts would be the best of its class, or at least at the top of it. Can't see 3D gaming as a player on any handheld, no processor horsepower or available memory.

I am going to play wait and see. Let it get out and read some credible reviews and then try it for myself.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #9
UnderNewbie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Plus you need to remember that RIM and the BB is, first and foremost, a device for business users, not consumers. I would think its business functions such as email, calendar and contacts would be the best of its class, or at least at the top of it. Can't see 3D gaming as a player on any handheld, no processor horsepower or available memory.

I am going to play wait and see. Let it get out and read some credible reviews and then try it for myself.
Totally agree with you.
I can not see any other phones coming up with great contact organizer, calendar like RIM.
I will wait for 9800 available in my country!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
balansboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Its all about the marketing..... have yet to see an ad on TV for the torch but so many facetime and droidX. I played with the torch for a few hours and its a blackberry; familiar and yet new. Nobody has the notification platform that BBs do and now with the touch screen its a different experience. Reviews are just that, reviews; someone else's perspective.
Saw the first ad for the Torch today. Good ad looked good.
Closed Thread