Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #81
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

Please Login to Remove!

The more I tinker with it the more I like it... I can flat out fly on the keyboard and as an added bonus it runs not only MLB@bat but also runs live games from MLBTV....

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeetness.....

Kris
Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #82
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
The more I tinker with it the more I like it... I can flat out fly on the keyboard and as an added bonus it runs not only MLB@bat but also runs live games from MLBTV....

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeetness.....

Kris

I agree, the keyboard is super fast for typing, esp in landscape mode.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:03 AM   #83
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

You can add me to the list of iPad owners. Very impressed, and thrilled that I decided to get it.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #84
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
You can add me to the list of iPad owners. Very impressed, and thrilled that I decided to get it.
COOOOOOOL!!!

Yeah, there will be a 2nd gen soon and yeah it will have more features and yeah the price may drop but life is too short to worry about all that. Gotta get your geek on now!
Old 04-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #85
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Best toy in my current collection
Old 04-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #86
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

It will get even better as more made for iPad apps are available. The iphone apps just don't cut it on the iPad.

Anyone using the Evernote for iPad?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #87
Turbinator

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

iPad owner here to - BUT - I've noticed that I can't tether it to my Blackberry 8320. The BB can find it, but the iPad doesn't really connect to the BB. It just sits there, saying "searching..."

I think this was intentional on Apple's part. I don't think they want people bypassing their 3G release by tethering their wi-fi iPad's to Bluetooth enabled devices.

Thoughts?

Turby
Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #88
complexx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
iPad owner here to - BUT - I've noticed that I can't tether it to my Blackberry 8320. The BB can find it, but the iPad doesn't really connect to the BB. It just sits there, saying "searching..."

I think this was intentional on Apple's part. I don't think they want people bypassing their 3G release by tethering their wi-fi iPad's to Bluetooth enabled devices.

Thoughts?

Turby
This is SUPER disapointing. I was about to pick an iPad up for my g/f assuming she could tether her BB via BT when she's not at home. I really hope someone finds a work around. No way I'm buying the iPad 3G. That's a sleezy way to increase sales in my opinion.

8830->8330->9630
Old 05-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #89
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

I wont say it's garbage but I did end up bringing mine back and got a 'new' MacBook Pro... Jr gets my 'old' MacBook Pro now...

The reasons I returned it are:

1. I print a lot of stuff for Ubuntu related things and while I could do most of the work on the iPad, I could not print.... I can't even print to my wifi printer... Make NO sense to me but maybe its resolved in the next OS update or in the iPad ver 2...

2. It's flat.... I know that is obvious but when sitting on the couch the ipad rests on your lap, screen, keyboard and all... At least with a laptop, the keyboard is on your lap and the screen is at eye level...

3. No multi tasking... I can deal without having it, but it is nice to have... If that made any sense....

4. No expansion ports.... Can't HDMI it to my TV, ect....

5. Did I mention I can't print???

Overall it is a sweeeeeeeet device for being 1st generation... If they fix the printing issue and allow it to multi task then I may purchase another... For now, I took advantage and upgraded myself to a new MacBook Pro at the expense of my iPad...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #90
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller

I admire you for being honest Lunk. The iPad is not ready for prime time use in it's current configuration. Both of my kids have Mac Book Pros and love them. It is a very good configuration.

I played with the iPad at the Houston Galleria store during lunch and came to the conclusion that it is mostly fluff at this point. How to make it usable? Add the stuff to make it into a different format netbook. Ever wonder what would happen to Apple if Steve Jobs died? Think about it.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:54 PM   #91
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

I realllllly wish Mac / Apple would make a Netbook.....

I think NJ hit it best when he described it a few posts up as a toy... Thats is all it can really be a this point is a fun and cool toy....

I liked it, but it's shortfalls were it's death for me at least....

My 'old' MacBook Pro was about 2 years old and when I returned the iPad they had the shinny 'new' MacBook Pros out on display... I could not resist and snarfed up a 13"...

Lets see here..... Now I have an iMac, 2ea MacBook Pro's, an Asus G73, a Gateway, an HP 310 Mini Netbook, and a Toshiba....

No more PC's for me!!!!!!!

Last edited by LunkHead; 05-07-2010 at 10:55 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 09:14 PM   #92
DaveTheA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Canada

For the last 6-7 months I've been ripping DVDs and putting them on my 9700 to watch during some slack time at work [all 5 seasons of The Wire...great show]. I've also done a lot of reading thanks to eBooks. I also listen to a lot of music on my 9700 while I drive. Basically, I'd like to have some kind of media appliance I can easily transport, maybe do some web surfing and play a few games.

All of these functions are do-able on my Blackberry, but would be a lot better on a bigger screen....but I don't want or need a laptop. Hello iPad.

I'll probably wait for a second gen device to see what features and capabilities are expanded, but I think the iPad will be the perfect portable intermediate device between my smartphone and my desktop at home.

I can understand that lots of people can find reasons not to want an iPad...nice to have a choice tho', isn't it?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #93
Lanky0
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: O2

that just put me off from getting 1 lol
Old 05-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #94
Lanky0
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: O2

that just put me off from getting 1 lol
Old 05-22-2010, 10:00 AM   #95
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE

I just love how everyone is trying to compare the iPad to laptop /net books and other things . This is a tablet that is really was made to surf the web and read books . It was not made to reaplce a desktop or a laptop . As for me it has because the type of thing that I like to do the iPad does it well . I think people are trying yelling at apple for not building there dream machine . No company will ever do that then it will shoot itself in the foot . People need to ask themselves what do I need tis for. And does it do it the way I want it done . I am a hard core computer user and net books I used to have almost every damn eeepc and hp mini and acer net books I even build my own desktops. So trust me I am a computer geek and I own over 25 phones but theipad has pretty much replaced all the crap I have . Does it do everything perfect no but it does what I want it to do the way I want it done. Don't compare it to something that's bigger then it or 100 times stronger then it like a laptop . As for net books they are crap next to the iPad .
Old 05-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #96
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

Netbooks have a small niche market (I have no idea why, but we have some people who LOVE their Netbooks). I prefer the iPad to do those sorts of functions.

The iPad hasn't replaced anything I own (OK, the Kindle doesn't get much use, but it is much more readable in bright sunlight).
Old 05-24-2010, 03:38 PM   #97
wBkM85
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
I wont say it's garbage but I did end up bringing mine back and got a 'new' MacBook Pro... Jr gets my 'old' MacBook Pro now...

The reasons I returned it are:

1. I print a lot of stuff for Ubuntu related things and while I could do most of the work on the iPad, I could not print.... I can't even print to my wifi printer... Make NO sense to me but maybe its resolved in the next OS update or in the iPad ver 2...

2. It's flat.... I know that is obvious but when sitting on the couch the ipad rests on your lap, screen, keyboard and all... At least with a laptop, the keyboard is on your lap and the screen is at eye level...

3. No multi tasking... I can deal without having it, but it is nice to have... If that made any sense....

4. No expansion ports.... Can't HDMI it to my TV, ect....

5. Did I mention I can't print???

Overall it is a sweeeeeeeet device for being 1st generation... If they fix the printing issue and allow it to multi task then I may purchase another... For now, I took advantage and upgraded myself to a new MacBook Pro at the expense of my iPad...

printing is going to come soon, steve jobs has already said this

get an apple case and prop it up, or the dock

multitasking will be with 4.0

i'm sure v2.0 will be complete badassness but until then i think it's pretty near perfect for a first gen device, esp since there's nothing else out on the market like the iPad..
Old 05-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #98
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Between the ipad and the up coming Android tablets, full blown home computers will be pretty much history in 5 years. I'm sure some power users here will disagree, but think about it. What do most people do with their home computers. Now think of all the hassles, especially with Windows computers, that come with PC and even Macs. Most people want an instant on, easy, very little learning curve device that does what they need it to do. Flame on, but you heard it here first. This is the future.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:27 PM   #99
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

i def see these becoming very popular.

i dont see pc's going anywhere any time soon. but i see ipad, palm os/hp slate or the android tablet being a very popular device for people with basic internet access.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #100
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
i def see these becoming very popular.

i dont see pc's going anywhere any time soon. but i see ipad, palm os/hp slate or the android tablet being a very popular device for people with basic internet access.