Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

i'm using a macbook w/ snow leopard and a blackberry tour with os 4.7.1.40
Old 09-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #22
dulcamara
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

I see no reason to mess with a beta of anything if the real deal is days (or even weeks) away.

The OTA download of the new ATT OS worked flawlessly for me, and I think one reason was that I didn't install the latest OS every time one showed up.

I just want the device to work, and it does. I do my hacking during my day job.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #23
Insomnic

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Everything worked fine for me except contacts were locked. Couldn't edit and couldn't delete (as if the security was enabled). This also meant it wouldn't read PINs and wouldn't show pictures when someone called. This was on my Pearl 8120. Besides that, it seems like the DM is headed in the right direction.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:54 AM   #24
Erjavec
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: QTEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbytor View Post
How did you get it to sync your entourage contacts? I do not see any option for Entourage on my DM.

Help
I did nothing, just went with defaults. No options here either, but it recognized my Entourage categories immediately and listed them.

If it helps, I use .me for sync, maybe this has something to do with sync services. OS 10.5.8, MS Office 12.2.0.

I've been using DM since yesterday, and I've played with it a bit, so far everything works just as expected. Making a new note on BB, changing this or that, syncing back and forth.

My only issue is the media sync. Music only? I can only hope this is not the final version. C'mon, RIM, after waiting all this time we can't have photo sync and video downloader that would convert videos to your BB's optimal resolution. How hard is this to make? Seriously?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 AM   #25
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

Not recognizing my bold.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #26
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple85 View Post
If you don't want to try it you don't have to discourage people who do. Live and learn policy in my book.
...until it borks people's computers, and they then come here complaining about the "crappy" software and how it doesn't work correctly, blah blah blah. Then the cycle starts again about pre-release software not designed for daily use, and that it's no one's fault but their own for installing it. Then people get their feelings hurt, and...

...well, it doesn't hurt to warn people that it isn't a good idea, especially considering that this doesn't appear to have been released with the intention of a public trial. This is effectively pirated software with all the risks associated with pirated software. Additionally, who uploaded this stuff? What code has been altered to purposely bork your computer? Do you know for certain that it isn't damaged code?

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.

Last edited by ifonline; 09-05-2009 at 09:16 AM..
Old 09-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #27
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erjavec View Post
My only issue is the media sync. Music only? I can only hope this is not the final version. C'mon, RIM, after waiting all this time we can't have photo sync and video downloader that would convert videos to your BB's optimal resolution. How hard is this to make? Seriously?
Remember you are talking about RIM here. They are slow to change.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #28
dramseytherealtor

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

I was a little annoyed with the media sync, but after going through I guess with the leak version we just need to search through the mounted disk images and copy the pictures/video folders onto the hard drive.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #29
Statman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbytor View Post
How did you get it to sync your entourage contacts? I do not see any option for Entourage on my DM.

Help
So first question is do you have sync services turned on in Entourage? If so then it will show as an option in DM...
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Old 09-06-2009, 12:49 AM   #30
sbbytor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statman View Post
So first question is do you have sync services turned on in Entourage? If so then it will show as an option in DM...
I turned the sync services on and no option in the contacts for entourage. only calender notes have entourage option.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #31
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Since it is not recognizing my bold I did several uninstall. Including trolling through everything and seemingly deleting everything yet every time I reinstall the DM recognizes a previous install. Would anyone know where this info is hidden so I can really dp a complete uninstall/reinstall? I'm hoping it recognizes my bold again.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #32
Erjavec

Now I also have 8900 working perfectly with my wife's Air. She uses Mail and Address book.

We both have .me sync enabled if that helps.

Sorry I can't help you with troubleshooting... this is all still new. I just went with defaults, and it worked on both computers and BlackBerries.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #33
Erjavec

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesme View Post
Since it is not recognizing my bold I did several uninstall. Including trolling through everything and seemingly deleting everything yet every time I reinstall the DM recognizes a previous install. Would anyone know where this info is hidden so I can really dp a complete uninstall/reinstall? I'm hoping it recognizes my bold again.
Did you check for most obvious? Replace USB cable and make sure your Bold is plugged directly to your computer, not USB hub?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #34
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

I loaded up the software. It does not recognize my bold. All options under "device" are greyed out. Anybody encounter this? Did you find a work around?
I got rid of pocketmac. just couldnt deal with the garbled data anymore and figured I would play with this.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #35
Apostata

Model: 9800
Carrier: Rogers
Thumbs down

Yeah, tried the Beta over here and wasn't too impressed. Doubled-up contacts and there's no Now Up-To-Date support. Hope they continue to support Up-To-Date.

Waiting for the official release...

That said, a question: how will we be able to upgrade/change/downgrade BB OS's on Mac? They all seem to be .exe files. Just curious.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:57 PM   #36
JBlue

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

Just installed DM for Mac. Made a backup seemed to be ok..no errors. However I have not tried to restore the backup.

Sync does not seem to be working. I am using Entourage and configured 2 way sync. Tasks,Calender and Contacts is not being sync'd to Entourage. Anyone?

I am on 10.5.8

Last edited by JBlue; 09-09-2009 at 10:22 PM..
Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #37
JiveTurkey

Carrier: AT&T

Are most of you that are having problems on Snow Leopard? For the record I am, and I am having new problems every day. Can't edit contacts on the device, businesses are renamed as "no name," calendar syncs give me some kind of weird "device default has changed" message which makes everything duplicate, and several other things.

I ask because all of the rumors by people had said they were using this prior to SL said it was great, but it seems most of us are having a handful of problems.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:12 AM   #38
bluejacket
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Orange UK

I've run the beta on Leopard (I use missing sync on my Snow Leopard computer). All I wanted was Mac Backups, and the ability to reinstall the BlackBerry OS. I had a serious handset problem, so I backed it up on the Mac DM, and did a wipe. The wipe fixed the handset without me needing to reinstall the BlackBerry OS (which was nice). The Mac DM did not offer me the same OS as I already had, as it only offered ones which I suppose had gone through official BlackBerry channels. Not sure if there's a way to extract the OSs from an exe file on a windows computer and get the Mac DM to recognise them.

Anyway, after the handset wipe, I restored the backup. Not everything seemed to be there. I was missing all sms messages, basically, despite the backup saying it had a large number of messages in it.

Also, strangely, my handset problem had been that my SMS inbox was broken (apparently not receiving texts) but when I did a preliminary sync with Missing Sync, there were new text messages synced that I had never read... (i.e. I got to read them on my MacBook Pro despite never having been able to read them on my phone). Hopefully most of my messages were backed up by missing sync, anyway, but there's no way to get those back on the phone.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #39
ndwgolf
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: DiGi

Yesterday I installed Desktop manager for Mac on my iMac,
When i connected my BB Bold to my iMac it told me that I had a whole bunch of updates that I needed to install so I did that and it went very smoothly.
This morning when I tried to access the internet on my BB Bold my phone crashed, and it doesn't matter what I do it keeps crashing.
I want to put my Bb Bold back to the original settings but I do not know how to do that.......... Please can you help??????
Old 09-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #40
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour

GRRRRRRR Snow Leopard killed my BBDM and now my freaking BB has no contacts... I hate you Snow Leopard you've been nothing but problems for me since you were installed!