BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #1
fstark01

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Default 2006 Audi BT and 7100g with 4.1

Please Login to Remove!

I just wanted to post a piece of general information from my personal experiences with Bluetooth in the new S4 since it seems like there is little information out there. I purchased the Sirius/Bluetooth pack with my 2006 model and do not have a car cradle (they don't make one for Blackberrys anyways) or nav system, but use a Blackberry 7100g.

I initially had firmware verson 4.0.2.49 on the phone which allowed me to seamlessly use the Bluetooth interface to initiate and end calls, and to use the dial-by-voice directory using entries that I manually recorded. That was all nice, and surprisingly the sound quality using the Audi Bluetooth was better then my Blackberry itself, so I have been very happy with the performance. I noticed that the Audi manual describes the ability to download your cell phone address book into the system, but that capability was not available with my 7100g.

Recently, I upgrade to the 4.1.0.256 firmware version for the 7100g available from Hong Kong CSL Limited. The 4.1.X version has increased Bluetooth capabilities. Everything appears to work fine (it is all in English) and now I am able to sync the cell phone address book with my car's BT address book. This has allowed me to now use the instrument cluster display to show address book entries and initiate a phone call without touching my cell phone. It really is nifty and very easy to use.

Frank
Old 02-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

We have a cradle car mount for the s4 specifically.

holder: http://store.bizshopr.com/pro848122.html

S4 Mount: http://store.bizshopr.com/proau-54-00.html

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 03-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #3
hebo

Model: 7100T

I have an A4 and a BB 7100t. The Bluetooth connection between the two works fine most of the time.

I have one problem. Sometimes the connection is disconnected. I might happen after 5 minutes, it might happen after 25 (eg. at random).
Old 03-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
fstark01

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

First, Audi makes a specific cradle that fits in the armrest for their cars that provides power and possibly data to/from cell phones, so it's much different then the cradle listed in the reply to my post.

Hebo, did you set your device properties under Bluetooth Options, your car connection, device properties, and set Trusted to Yes? I never lose a connection in any of the several cars I've used my 7100g in with that set to yes. Maybe that's the problem.

Thanks,

Frank
Closed Thread