Carrier: U.S. Cellular

Please Login to Remove!

Wirelessly posted

Something I've noticed in the weeks I've had this OS are as follows:

More memory

Camera always asks me if I want to save to the memory card

Fonts are bigger in certain themes

My blackberry typing game resets with ever restart

And the speaker phone problem still exists (as said above)

And the memory link while not fixed is still A LOT better. It takes my phone to get to 0 bytes for it to clear my logs, text messages, etc.

And overall I like this OS a lot better than the previous just for the last reason. Anyone else find something else I forgot/didn't see?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #82
verizonpearlguy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks everyone. I updated to the new OS and it went smooth.

Interestingly enough I have a BES account and did not have to re-register with corporate blackberry server. Everything continued to work without a hitch.

There is one small issue and that is that I can't seem to get Wireless reconciling to work. Essentially when I open up Outlook or a mail on my blackberry, the other doesn't recognize that I've already read it. The wireless reconcile option is turned on my Blackberry in the 'Messages' Options. Any ideas how this could happen? I tried googling but didn't have much luck.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #83
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

If you look in Options >Advanced Options >Enterprise Activation does it say "Activated" with a date? If not, that could be your problem.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:03 PM   #84
verizonpearlguy

Hi John,

Yes it does say Activated on June 26, 2008 which is when I did the upgrade. I seem to get mail just fine and my calendar is also synced. Its just the reconciliation of emails doesn't seem to work.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #85
verizonpearlguy

Well i've noticed a couple additional issues that I'm having. I believe these are strictly related to the fact I'm on a BES so maybe it will help someone else.

I noticed that under Options > Default Services I no longer have Data there.

Also when I reply to an email I don't have the 'Send' option. I looked it up and noted that I need to have my security profile pushed back to my Blackberry from the corporate Blackberry server.

I came across the following URL:

Blackberry - No Send Options, unable to reply to emails - Tech-Recipes.com

In addition, another problem I'm having is my Blackberry will not beep or sound when I get a new email. I do get notification I have an email but no sound. Meanwhile my gmail client sounds with an email. I'm hoping the above fix will resolve that as well. I have a ticket in with the HelpDesk so hopefully that does it!
Old 06-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #86
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

Look in options >advanced options >service book. Do you have a bunch of service books labeled [Desktop]? I don't think your BB is activated properly on your bes. There is no send option because you don't have the CMIME [Desktop] service book. You don't get a notification because that account hasn't been properly recreated.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #87
verizonpearlguy

John,

I do have a bunch of service books labeled Desktop. As the link above does show, that you can have service books displayed but still have a problem. I believe they just need to be pushed back to my phone as during the upgrade I guess it does in fact screw something up with BES. As mentioned, I have an open ticket with my helpdesk so hopefully they resolve it soon.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #88
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

you can try to push books with your wireless carrier (verizon) on their BIS site. it prob wont fix it because your problems lie in BES from what i understand, but its worth a try i suppose =
Old 06-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #89
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

That won't have any effect. He needs to reactivate on BES.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #90
Blair40

Default Email Deletes without prompt?

I have 4 email accounts and after installing the new OS I noticed that on my gmail account it will only pop up the delete screen. Before the update it would prompt me to delete from the handheld, Server etc. I checked my settings and its set to prompt? Any help or anyone else have this issue? It is only happening with the gmail account that is the odd thing?

Last edited by Blair40; 06-30-2008 at 11:00 AM..
Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #91
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Resend your service books.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #92
glittergirl

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon wireless

Awhile ago I downloaded the latest upgrade from verizon's website which was dated 2/26/08 and now I see there is this latest upgrade. I just checked verizon's website and they still have the 2/26 version online. I wonder how long it is going to take for them to update their website because I would prefer to download from them so I don't have to change whatever you guys are saying I need to change, but on the other hand I don't want to have to wait until next year before they get their act together. But good to know this is here if I decide to give up waiting for verizon.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #93
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Most likely their next update will be 4.5. Probably won't be until later in the year, though.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:28 PM   #94
Blair40

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Resend your service books.
I did that still have the gmail account not asking me at the prompt scrteen just say's delete or cancel?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:32 PM   #95
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Also, when you check your settings to set to prompt, are you setting it for each account? You have to set it for each individual account. Also, on the BIS site did you check "reconcile deleted emails on this account" (might not be the exact wording.)
Old 06-30-2008, 03:46 PM   #96
Blakely
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: verizon

Thank you John for once again giving us the most concise instructions. Your thread made this upgrade easy.

However, I had hoped to gain more memory and unfortunatly I don't seem to see any significant increase. I don't have a lot of added apps (just viigo, beyond 411, tinytwitter & weather.com). Is additional memory a bonus to some but not generally expected with this upgrade?

Thanks...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:28 PM   #97
artie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Q10
Carrier: Sprint

I installed the latest OS from Sprint. Last night I downloaded the Desktop Manager 4.5 from the Blackberry site, haven't istalled it yet; it's on the desktop in my Laptop. Can it be used for a Sprint CDMA device? And if I can, what advantage would there be in doing so instead of waiting for Sprint's DM 4.5?
thank you,
artie.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #98
JNHohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
I installed the latest OS from Sprint. Last night I downloaded the Desktop Manager 4.5 from the Blackberry site, haven't istalled it yet; it's on the desktop in my Laptop. Can it be used for a Sprint CDMA device? And if I can, what advantage would there be in doing so instead of waiting for Sprint's DM 4.5?
thank you,
artie.
Hi Artie. You can install the DM 4.5 for any device. I am pretty sure the DM versions are not device specific. You do need to make sure that you have downloaded the actual Desktop Manager and not the Device Manager. The file size should be 192MB and it is at the bottom of the page.

I have installed DM 4.5 with my Sprint 8130 (CDMA) and everything syncs properly. I don't use the media manager though, so I don't know if that is working properly.

I am having one issue though, which is I can't get a connection under the help drop down in the upper right corner to show me the device properties.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 PM   #99
artie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Q10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNHohol View Post
Hi Artie. You can install the DM 4.5 for any device. I am pretty sure the DM versions are not device specific. You do need to make sure that you have downloaded the actual Desktop Manager and not the Device Manager. The file size should be 192MB and it is at the bottom of the page.

I have installed DM 4.5 with my Sprint 8130 (CDMA) and everything syncs properly. I don't use the media manager though, so I don't know if that is working properly.

I am having one issue though, which is I can't get a connection under the help drop down in the upper right corner to show me the device properties.
Thank you JN,
did you uninstall the old DM from your PC before installing the new one?
thank you,
artie.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #100
JNHohol

Wirelessly posted

Artie-

I did it both ways. I first left the old DM on the computer and ran the install for DM 4.5. While it was installing it popped up a message about needing to remove some Roxio file. I told it to and everything installed properly.

When I found the problem with the device properties under the help option with DM 4.5, I uninstalled all the DM versions, as well as, the 4.3.0.97 OS I still had on my computer. Then I reintalled DM 4.5 to see if that would take care of it and it didn't.

As far as any new features I have seen so far, it now checks to see if you have installed a new device OS on your computer so that it will upgrade your device for you. Otherwise, you had to run the app loader and update the new OS from there.

If you don't use the media manager or listen to music with your BlackBerry, I don't see any real reason to upgrade now. I just wanted the newest version.
Closed Thread