BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
GoBlue
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint
Default ***Help ***Sprint Customer Service SUCKS!

Please Login to Remove!

Can anyone out there help me find the Regional Manager of some type for the Toledo, Ohio market for Sprint? I have a major problem with a 9630 Tour that is only 5 mos old. I am on my 2nd one (in 5 mos)with the same problem. I live 14miles away (one way) to the service center and have made 9 trips and 4 calls to customer care. I need to speak with someone above the store level. I can't handle dealing with the unprofessional "teeny bopers" anymore! Your help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!

Marc W, Esq

Palm Vx, Sony Clie 760, HP4100, 7100t, 8700g, 8330m, 9630 Tour
Old 07-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

What is the issue you're experiencing? Trackball?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-24-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
GoBlue
Thumbs Must Hurt

Major trackball problem, hour glassing and screen freeze ups. I am running 500624 OS. I just don't want the damn thing anymore. I asked to be upgraded to the 9650 like Vzn is doing and now getting the run around. I run a law firm for a 9 state area and I live on the road. I don't have the for this s+++!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

They won't give you a 9650, no matter how nicely you ask. Verizon only did that for a short time (perhaps their Tour stock was low) and they are now back to giving only the 9630 for 9630 replacements.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:57 PM   #5
paramedic233
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
PIN: ch me, I'm dreaming!
Carrier: Sprint BIS

I tried to have my local rep do the same thing for me almost a month back. Sprint is not issuing 9650's for the 9630's. Appears they have quite a few in reserve :(
Old 07-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
GoBlue
Thumbs Must Hurt

Not true...I was told they would upgrade/work something out if it came back 3x in 6mos for the same problem. The thing is I'm way to busy to play that BS game. Someone needs to be customer focus and do the right thing.<br />
Old 07-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

So you've had yours replaced once, correct? There is no reason to go into the store to get the replacement. My husband and I have both had ours replaced (me twice) and we did it all over the phone. They mailed us the phones and we just had to mail the old ones back in their pre-paid envelope.

BTW, Be happy they still have that replacement policy (the 3x's)...if they really still do. Verizon discontinued that practice.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

We had one of our Tours replaced by phone as well -- same problems that you are experiencing. New one is fine; only wish we'd done it sooner.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

Have you tried asking the store personnel for the name and contact information for their District and Regional Managers?

I have always been able to get that from store personnel whenever I have needed as they do have limits to what they can do and some are so arrogant that they almost dare you to speak with a higher-up because they think they are right.....and they usually are not.

I am pretty sure you should be able to get it by just calling instead of going there.....

Good luck....
Old 07-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
GoBlue
Thumbs Must Hurt

I did get the Dist Mgr email, sent her an email, she read the email, and never responded back!

Old 07-24-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Somehow I think based on your posts you expect instant service. Just like any law firm, customers have to sometimes make multiple visits to resolve an issue. Maybe it's your approach? It is true honey will catch more flys. I work for a large company and nasty grams usually dont go anywhere. Just some free advice. Read your email and look at it from the managers view point.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #12
GoBlue
Thumbs Must Hurt

SOOOOO....you feel 9 visits to a service center and 4 calls to corp cust service and an email sent 4 days ago is expecting "instant service". Boy I would hate to do business with your "large company".

Old 07-24-2010, 07:50 PM   #13
tsac
BlackBerry God

You are you just dont realize it.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:03 AM   #14
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Biggest problem you have sprint as a service provider! Okay had to take that jab!

No one was present when you went to the store perhaps as suggested before your approach was less than friendly, and I can tell you this after many years in the wireless industry generally customers coming in and being overly demanding generally don't get the most prompt solutions! You need to be friendly, firm and have solid arguments for whatever it is you desire! Clearly state the problem, state what it is exactly you want done! And remember that rep in front of you DOES NOT make the policy they merely have to face the brunt of your anger when you don't here what you would like. Also when going I find it best to meet with the same rep otherwise you get to explain yourself each time and that itself can be frustrating
Old 07-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #15
GoBlue
Thumbs Must Hurt

Serious guys????? I appreciate all of the posted comments from all who chimed in. But back to the root of my original question " anyone on this forum have a contact at Sprint I can call which NO ONE seem to answer. It has now turned into something I did wrong or I treated someone in a very unprofessional manner. Now I'm getting post telling me how I should talk to people. I am a Regnl VP and attorney of a law firm with over 160 employees in 9 states. Before getting my law degree I spent pretty much all my life in sales (inside and out) working with small mom and pop to Fortune 50 companies. In these rolls I have always stressed a sense of urgency in everything you do. Be pro active and not reactive. I'm not asking for the world, I just want a phone that works. I would think in this day and age with revenues down, needing to fight for every customer/deal and work harder than hell to keep the ones you have. But no, we get people sending post saying please talk nice to Bobby and Sue or you wont get anything done. Hell the freaking Sprint rep in the store got loud with me in a store full of people. I told her look this conversation is over get me your manager. He never came out but sends the asst mgr out. I tell her I need the DMs info to place a call and she wont give it to. I had to ask 4x for her bosses boss info. But yea, I need to talk nicer. 9 trips 14 miles one way to a service center but I need to be calm to little Bobby and Sue. Calling the corp customer service 4x leaving 3 msgs and never getting a call back from the so called manager and sending an email to the Dist Manager, seeing that she read the email and never responding. Yea, your right, I need to be nicer. Been dealing with this for almost a month now but I need to be nicer and talk nice to bobby and Sue. Any managers out there that would have reprimanded a few employees over this by now???

Last edited by GoBlue; 07-25-2010 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #16
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Wow.
Good luck.
What do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start.

Switch carriers. Go to Verizon. Find a company that values their customers.

And learn how to use the "Enter" key so you have paragraphs and readable posts.

Wow.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #17
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

There's too sides to every story, and right now we only hear yours. Your story sounds very suspect.

Now, I don't disagree that Sprint's CS sucks. It always has. Even with that, I've always gotten my issues resolved fairly quickly. Who you are in life doesn't change how you should treat others. I have a PhD and I still treat CS folks with the respect they deserve.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #18
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

If you haven't tried Sprint BlackBerry customer support, I would recommend going directly to them. They are much better than normal CS at Sprint.

+1 (877) 808-3895

However, as others have said, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and I suspect you're coming off a bit sour. I will typically set aside any phone call until I've chilled, and it is amazing how much more effective I am in getting what I want when I do that. Should you have to do that? No, but human nature being what it is...
Old 07-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #19
tsac
BlackBerry God

Ok, I never said this because it's not a blackberry but I also have a Sprint cell phone (Palm cell) and in the past regardless of how I interacted with a Sprint store, vendor or on the phone they were ALWAYS very courteous and helpful. I never experienced any customer reps with an attitude.
As suggested, approach may be the issue. Everyone has a bad day but being loaded for bear usually only gets minimal assistance from support reps. As I suggested, see it from their point of view. Are you being clear with your problem? Did you give the impression the first person you talked to was beneath you and you needed someone higher up? Do you realize they all make notes in the call record and DO comment on the attitude they received so the next rep will be advised. Support managers do read these not only for the improvement of the customer experience but for protection in the event some irate customer calls high up. This is why I suspect you received no response from the manager. I’m sure you told them you were a lawyer and your time was more valuable than theirs and they better jump on this issue. As I said, Sprint has always been helpful and even replaced a phone for me that I just asked about operational issues.
PS: I win; I manage 12 states with more people although none are lawyers, thankfully.

Ok now for the fun part.

Q: What is the difference between a tick and a lawyer?
A tick falls off of you when you die.

Q: What do you call a smiling, sober, courteous person at a bar association convention?
A: The caterer.

Q: Did you hear about the new microwave lawyer?
A: You spend eight minutes in his office and get billed as if you'd been there eight hours.

Q: Did you hear about the group of terrorists that hijacked a plane full of lawyers?
A: They called down to ground control with their list of demands, threatening that if their demands weren't met, they would release one lawyer every hour.

ok enough, these can be endless.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #20
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

My experience with Sprint CS has always been positive. I've been with them for a full year now. Whoever promised the OP that his Tour 9630 would be replaced with the new Bold 9650 just plain lied. Independent dealers who practice the "churn 'em and burn 'em" style of doing business will say whatEVER it takes to sell you something. A corporate store simply won't do this. If they get caught doing this just once and they're canned.

The BlackBerry Tour's trackball was fatally flawed. I replaced the ball on my Tour 3 times (rather than try to get a decent replacement Tour from Sprint). I finally used my Premier upgrade to grab the new Bold 9650 and retired my Tour. Best move I ever made! The bottom line is that the Tour was awful and never should have been released. Doesn't matter if you got it with Sprint or Verizon. Upgrade to the new Bold (and change carriers if you feel so strongly about it) and be done with the drama.

Last edited by rambo47; 07-25-2010 at 02:38 PM..
Closed Thread