Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 PM   #161
rider997
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Hatax, I was wondering if you might be able to comment on why the theme only displays calendar entries from the first calendar in the calendar list.

In other words, if I go to the calendar app, it, by default, shows events from all calendars (i.e. all integrated email addresses) on the device.

The theme only shows events from the first calendar listed in the list displayed when you go to the "Select Calendar..." menu item from the Calendar application.

Is there any way to get events from all calendars / email addresses to appear?

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #162
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider997 View Post
Hatax, I was wondering if you might be able to comment on why the theme only displays calendar entries from the first calendar in the calendar list.

In other words, if I go to the calendar app, it, by default, shows events from all calendars (i.e. all integrated email addresses) on the device.

The theme only shows events from the first calendar listed in the list displayed when you go to the "Select Calendar..." menu item from the Calendar application.

Is there any way to get events from all calendars / email addresses to appear?

Thanks!
This is an OS limitation and can't be modified with a theme. Only the default calendar service events will show up as Today Plus items. You can certainly change the default calendar service in Options > Advanced Options > Default Services, but you can't show items from multiple calendars.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:20 AM   #163
rider997

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu-wei View Post
This is an OS limitation and can't be modified with a theme. Only the default calendar service events will show up as Today Plus items. You can certainly change the default calendar service in Options > Advanced Options > Default Services, but you can't show items from multiple calendars.
Bah, this is a problem that I had with Pocketday in OS 4.5, and I'd heard somewhere that it'd been fixed in OS 5, but I guess only partially fixed. Now Pocketday CAN display events from all calendars, but I guess that doesn't extend to themes.

Oddly enough, starting today NO events are showing up on the theme's main screen - from ANY calendar. I've tried changing the default calendar, doing a battery pull, etc., but the theme simply doesn't show any calendar events.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #164
wu-wei
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: A GADDA DA VIDA
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider997 View Post
Bah, this is a problem that I had with Pocketday in OS 4.5, and I'd heard somewhere that it'd been fixed in OS 5, but I guess only partially fixed. Now Pocketday CAN display events from all calendars, but I guess that doesn't extend to themes.

Oddly enough, starting today NO events are showing up on the theme's main screen - from ANY calendar. I've tried changing the default calendar, doing a battery pull, etc., but the theme simply doesn't show any calendar events.
Hmmm...I guess there is a programmatic solution then. I haven't tinkered enough with the new plazmic stuff to figure whether it's possible to do this with a theme.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #165
craigasands

Carrier: tmo
Default Themebuilder for larger fonts

I love this theme, but would like to make the fonts bigger. Hard to see without my glasses. Could you please email me the theme builder file. I am happy to modify myself. Thank you for all of your hard work.
CS
Old 05-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #166
supermew2001

Carrier: orange

This theme is perfect for my phone, thanks a lot HaTaX.
Just one thing ! I wish i could change the menu wallpaper (not the homescreen wallpaper).
In fact, i want that the homescreen wallpaper be the menu wallpaper. Is it possible to make the theme with that (and the weather icon btw) ?
thanks for your time !
Old 06-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #167
giako

Model: 8707g
Carrier: h3g - Italy

Is possible to have a version WITHOUT the shortcuts?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #168
evonschu

Carrier: AT&T

Hey, first off I love the theme. Been using the theme for a while on a Blackberry 8900 and now a bold 9700. Having some problems with the newest version of the theme.

First is that although the weather icon shows up in the upper toolbar it doesn't update as the weather changes unless I restart the phone. I've tried 2 different weather apps weatherbug and another and both act the same. I like weatherbug because it has lots of features and its free. Is there anyway to make that work? Not sure what app you guys use either. I liked the way the icon looks of the app on page 1, but no one seemed to answer the multiple posts as to what specific app that is.

Other issue is that when I was running the old version of the theme on my 9700 the texts AND emails would all go to the messages section of the phone. Now texts won't show up in that section and I have to go to the SMS and MMS icon to see my texts which is annoying. Any fix for that?

Thanks for your help and input and great theme.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #169
evonschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDog View Post
5.0.0.593: Messages: Options: Inbox Settings: Check the SMS And MMS box to include those in the main message list.
Thank you one problem fixed!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #170
AZsteelman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT

Ok, maybe I just missed something...I read the thread, and saw a section where there were icons across the top just under the banner...I downloaded the weather animated version and that's missing...did I miss something? Are those icons no longer there in this version? Sorry if I missed a post where this was removed, but I thought I read them all...

Randy
Old 06-25-2010, 10:06 PM   #171
jfkeith
Thumbs Must Hurt

Love the theme, is exactly what I was looking for. Great work bud!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:13 AM   #172
bb4srv

Model: 8300
Carrier: Bell

I downloaded this theme OTA and installed it. After 20 hrs, my 9700 went suddenly went into endless reboot crash with JVM ERROR 545. I suspect it is this theme that caused it b/c this was the only thing I installed in the last 20 hrs.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #173
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Exclamation Update for the Today 9700 & Today 9700 weather theme! (Most likely the last as well)

I've been working on a few new themes on and off and decided to get off my duff and finish them. In the process I decided to go back and take a look at some of the main complaints on this theme and address them. The main source of frustration appears to be that the shortcut keys are interfering with other operations. I have changed all the shortcut keys in this release so that their impact on other functions is minimized, the only one I had second thoughts about was the "0" key mapping to profiles, but thought few people probably dial international by just typing it in. (That's a ZERO for people that are wondering )

The new shortcuts are:

Space = Quicklaunch
0 = Profiles
Currency Key($) = SMS/MMS
ALT+T = Clock (This is really mapped to the "(" key)

Hopefully these changes make the theme a little more user friendly with dial from home screen and other functions. Other then those changes, nothing really has been changed on this theme, and if you want the shortcuts to stay the way they are, just don't upgrade!

Also, since I will be releasing my new theme later on tonight, and I have had multiple requests for the source code of this theme, I'm going to go ahead and release it publicly with this version. Any of you that wanted larger text, or other small modifications are encouraged to download it and get to modifying it on your own!

Here's the source file for Today-9700:
Today-9700-Source.zip

(I would supply the Today-9700-Weather files as well, but it appears that Theme Builder corrupted both of my save files for it. If people really want/need it I can rebuild it from an older copy.)

Open these links up on your BB browser: (Same links as posted previously, files are updated though)

Today-9700-Weather: http://hatax.home.comcast.net/bb/tod...today-9700.jad

Today-9700 (No screen animations): http://hatax.home.comcast.net/bb/tod...700-noanim.jad

Today-9700-Weather: http://hatax.home.comcast.net/~hatax...00-weather.jad

Today-9700-Weather (No screen animations): http://hatax.home.comcast.net/~hatax...her-noanim.jad

ALX Files for desktop manager installation are below if anyone needs non-ota links:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Today-9700-ALX.zip (394.2 KB, 104 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-NoAnimation-ALX.zip (394.5 KB, 63 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-Weather-ALX.zip (396.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: zip Today-9700-Weather-NoAnimation-ALX.zip (396.1 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-12-2010, 09:51 AM   #174
samsenteur

Carrier: Vodafone

I really *LOVE* that theme!
Exactly what i was looking for, simple, nice, complete, professional...

I only have 2 things to say:
- like some other users, the weather icon version stopped to update after a few time. It does still work on the lock screen, but no more on the desktop. Odd...
- The new version is totally unusable for french users (and maybe for a lot of european) : ALL our phone numbers begin with a 0 (yes, it is a zero indeed, ;P )

Anyway, thx a lot for your great work!

Last edited by samsenteur; 07-12-2010 at 09:53 AM..
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #175
ISBB

Model: 8330
Carrier: vzw

IM IN HEAVEN!!!! Thank you HaTaX this theme is perfect now!!!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #176
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsenteur View Post
I really *LOVE* that theme!
Exactly what i was looking for, simple, nice, complete, professional...

I only have 2 things to say:
- like some other users, the weather icon version stopped to update after a few time. It does still work on the lock screen, but no more on the desktop. Odd...
- The new version is totally unusable for french users (and maybe for a lot of european) : ALL our phone numbers begin with a 0 (yes, it is a zero indeed, ;P )

Anyway, thx a lot for your great work!
Whoops!!! And here I thought that the "0" would work for everyone... Sigh.... Not sure of what other shortcut could be used without the ALT key that would be acceptable to everyone. If anyone has any ideas for what would be the ideal shortcut for profiles, please chime in! Perhaps even removal of the shortcut as there is a profile icon in the top left? Options requested!

I'm going to take a look at the weather icon not updating, seems to be an issue with some people and not with others. I have this problem licked in my other theme (to be released this week), but didn't know it was still an issue with this one. I'll look into it... Maybe there WILL be one more revision...
Old 07-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #177
rider997

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
Whoops!!! And here I thought that the "0" would work for everyone... Sigh.... Not sure of what other shortcut could be used without the ALT key that would be acceptable to everyone. If anyone has any ideas for what would be the ideal shortcut for profiles, please chime in! Perhaps even removal of the shortcut as there is a profile icon in the top left? Options requested!

What about the stock BB "F" shortcut?
Old 07-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #178
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

That's what it was to begin with and some people use dial from home screen. So anytime they press 6 they get profiles with the dialer behind it.

Maybe ALT-F?
Old 07-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #179
samsenteur

Carrier: Vodafone

ALT-F would be great for me
I'm one of those who like to dial from home screen. After all it is still a phone...
Old 07-13-2010, 11:16 AM   #180
Shortmaster

Carrier: Hi KPN

I'm using the Today-9700-Weather for now! It looks great!

But two questions:
- He only shows my emails under 'messages' on the desktop. I expected to show all incomming messages like sms/email/whats app/bb messenger/facebook... as you can see under the Messages button. This would be much faster when receiving an facebook message for example, I can click on it immediately and open facebook.

- I'm not seeying any weather icon or something like that on my desktop. Do I have to set it on somewhere? How can I choose the right city?

Further I have to say that this theme works great!!

Thanks for it so far! Hope someone can react on my points.

Shortmaster
Closed Thread