GaryFolke

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: None

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
finky and zGuy, check your pms....

Here's what I've got so far on the new theme, take a look at the screen shots and let me know what you think!
(Before anyone says anything, yes I have two weather icons, one is the free BeWeather and the other is a pushed accuweather icon.
I'm comparing the two and have them both on the screen currently.)

<snip>

The today list isn't showing on the screenshot because I had already viewed those messages.
Here's another shot from the simulator showing a calendar list:

<snip>

Also, been tweaking the incoming call screen and here's what I've come up with that I think looks a little cleaner:

<snip>

Heh, sorry about all the pictures but I want to make sure it gives a good idea of the look of the theme.
The bottom icon dock slides down to disappear and leaves you with only the wallpaper and banner showing on the homescreen.
Looking really good... I'll definitely be downloading this one when it's available.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:54 AM   #82
zGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: black
PIN: rusted safety pin
Carrier: FedEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaTaX View Post
finky and zGuy, check your pms....
Wow: Thanks! I am checking it right now and will PM my thoughts.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #83
RogersJoel
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I must say as well, which i dont pipe up very often. This looks really good. I have downloaded the first version but this second version you are working on looks really good! You are a great guy doing these.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #84
xinfamiz1x

PIN: 2187319D
Carrier: T-Mobile

i love it... but the purple. boo.... however..my favorite theme by far.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #85
Ragz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Love the theme. Thanks for all your creative work. I hope the new version will be ready soon. Where do I have to put the weather icon for it to appear on top?
Old 01-21-2010, 06:30 PM   #86
finky

When the weather version is released, the app needs to go in the 7th slot so it'll show up on top on the home screen.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #87
Ragz

Thanks, thats what I thought. I did not know it was not active in this theme yet.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #88
Aye Up

PIN: 216AE415
Carrier: O2/Orange

I love this theme, very simple and nice with the animation. However I just wonder is there any chance you could create the same version but instead of messages showing up in the today feature it could be SMS & MMS? Since that is what I mainly vuse my berry for.

I tried my own attempts through the theme builder but clearly you are more adept than I am and very CLEVER!!!!

If you could create one I would love it so much or could send me the theme file and I attempt myself?

Thanx

P.S. Oh and hi first post here......
Old 01-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #89
LizardMcBeth

Carrier: Att
Default I don't see an answer to this so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonejunkie View Post
The "weather line" comes from your weather app. You have to configure it (the weather app) to display conditions/temp/whatever as the app name. Look in SETTINGS within your weather app.

The calendar info is displayed from the default calender. Go to OPTIONS / ADVANCED / DEFAULT SERVICES and see which calendar is the "default" ... it's under the "Calendar (CICAL)" setting.

Under my calender the default is my email address and it will not allow me to change it to device default like my calender is set up to. Do you know how I can change this? Please, Please, Please.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:09 AM   #90
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Sorry I've been away for a while people, got into a few projects and had a few things blow up on me. The thing slowing me down the most right now is that my main HD in my puter barfed. I've got backups and such, so really I haven't lost anything besides time.

All of my development happens in VMs and all the data is stored on my server. So phew, I didn't lose any real data I cared about there. (Just in case the HD is sitting in a freezer right now to see if it can be imaged )

Also, speaking of blowing up, I found a way to make theme builder EXTREMELY unstable! If you set a button to use a internal applications icon set, it seems to randomly crash theme builder. I was attempting to use "net_rim_bb_profiles_app.Profiles" so that my profiles icon in the new theme reflects what your current profile selection is. Figured the easiest way was to set up the button as if it was using a "slotX" location but instead point it towards the profiles app. Didn't really work out that way.....

If I change that line, pretty much every time I try to export or simulate the theme, theme builder blows up. BUT! I found if I mix up the SVG file and move the button around inside of it, I can sometimes get theme builder to compile the theme *ONCE*. After that, I have to exit the app, at which point it will crash, and then reload it to do anything else. It's pretty strange honestly, I mean it never prompts an error when initially loading the file and then sometimes crashes with a box, other times it just completely is gone from the screen. Very inconsistent behavior with that line in there....

Really a pita, and I was setting the location back to slot3 when working on other areas of the theme. Not sure if you're not supposed to be able to do this, but it seems the easiest way to make a profiles button inside a SVG!

And now as I type this I was able to get it to export an OTA copy of the theme. We'll see how it behaves over the next day or two!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #91
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

So far so good with the exported theme, I haven't noticed any strangeness yet and my testers have so far reported it's okay..

I was able to get builder to compile the themes by just going at it 4-5 times. Sometimes it'd crash, sometimes it'd compile, but no matter what I did it was unstable even after compiling it without an error.

So strange, and really it is a pain as I can get it to work by basically banging it's head against the wall... Some coder was lazy and didn't finish the error / exception handling section of the program... Heh.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with the new theme and probably won't make many more changes to it. I had considered making a version with a jscroll bottom bar, but that just adds more bloat overall. Right now it's a small(ish) theme that's well under 400K (Around 350k or so) and performance is quite good. The SVG is pretty much all manually made and has had all the bloat the composer puts into it removed. I'll post up some finalized screen shots when I get a chance and probably the final release soon enough.

I have to say this too, after putting as much work as I did into it, you start to wonder if it's such a terrible idea to release it in a more public place with a small charge for it! I'm not one to think about things that way because I learned a lot from the process. But for those that come across it in appworld, they could pick it up for 2 or 3 bucks, and the others in forums like these that are the more "savy" users, could just grab the download of it.

I guess, something else to consider and learn from it all.

Thanks again to all the great people here too, all of your ideas and suggestions helped make these themes desirable and functional! You all rock!

Now..... To go watch the Vikes kick some arse...
Old 01-25-2010, 03:13 AM   #92
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telenor

Thank you very much for this great theme, HaTaX!

I have some feedback regarding the main screen navigation. What is the current navigation order?

1. While I can go from the Messages icon at the top directly down to the Zen icons, I cannot always go back up that direction. Most of the time it lets me go from Messages down to the Zen icons and then back up to the Calendar icon. It won't always return to Messages. I think the only time it'll allow me to return to Messages from the Zen icons is if there is an unread message that shows up.

2. When I am hovering over the Weather icon, I cannot take the navigation back down to the Messages, Calendar, and Phone icons nor to the Zen icons. I must go left to Profile first and then back down.

I assume that it is actually a fairly complicated navigational map given how many icons there are, so I don't know if this is something you can actually "fix."

Thanks again for a great job!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #93
bbjo

Carrier: att

thank you! It took me about a day to figure out how to lad the file. I was tryingto load it from my desktop. Worked great when I accessed the liink directly from my BB. Thank you for building this ap. I had a free Today Plus on my tmobile pearl and loved it. Just switched to the new 9700 and I am still trying to figure it all out!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #94
HaTaX
CrackBerry Addict

Time for an update ehh?

I just sent a new copy to some people testing my theme for me and hopefully the changes I've made will go over well.

Found a few tricks inside the SVG language to make my animations smooth and without the restart bugs that come out of composer. (Some docks will twitch or fading will suddenly restart fading again, etc) After I figured that out, I was able to clean up lots of code used to keep things neat when doing the animations.

Navigation is kind of a pain with the today text being between the top and bottom icons. When you pass through it on the way up without anything being displayed, it loses track of the navigation history pointer. If you go down "through" a list there onto the bottom row, it would remember it, but there is no way to bring it back to the top. Seems to be a bit of another bug in Theme Builder 5.0....

But on that thought, I tried a new layout for the screen. It took the bottom row of icons and moved it up against the top banner. Shrunk the icons and made room for 8 on that bar. The messages, calendar, and phone icon bar were moved just below those and they had a partial to full fade when activated. Below those icons is the today text expanded to 7 entries and the "status text" between today text and the icon bar above it.

Maybe I'll just get a screenshot of what the homescreen layout looks like, I'd like to get some feedback. I kind of think it looks cluttered, and really the only reason I moved things around was to prevent the today text from being between two SVG navigation sections...

One thing I am proud of is the size of the theme! It's just over 350K with all the animations and such, it actually went down since my last build of it.

Thanks for the support people!

bbjo - Glad you got it figured out and I'm sure you will love your 9700!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:03 AM   #95
bbjo

Default larger font on home screen?

I am loving my new 9700. Is there a way for me to make the today plus font larger? I have figured out how to change the size of the font for the other screens but not this. I have to admit I don't want to get reading glasses yet!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #96
adocorp

I really like the themes as well! Can you please make the font a little bigger on the home page? Thanks.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #97
jp09

Carrier: ATT

My first and probably my only theme! I love this theme!

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the BlackBerry Messenger Barcode Reader? It worked fine prior to me loading this theme. Now when I use the Barcode reader the 9700 will do one of a couple things. It will either go into a loop where the flash (very bright) will flash on/off until I pull the battery or after trying to scan the Barcode (unsuccessfully) it will get stuck in the camera until I pull the battery or hold down the power button to shut it off.

I still love the theme though and will tolerate these tiny issues.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #98
Ragz

Default Love this theme

When is the next update coming out?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #99
gteo

Model: 8100
Carrier: at&t

can this theme for Bold 9000 running OS 5 ?
Old 02-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #100
displacedtexan
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: I like pencils

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by gteo
can this theme for Bold 9000 running OS 5 ?
No
Closed Thread