Old 07-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
gngngn

Model: C9320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Angry Curve 9320: apps donīt work on Wi-Fi

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have new Curve 9320 (Curve 9310 in US), with the latest OS 7.1. I am new user of Blackberry, but I am fond of the system and I want to continue to use it!

Unfortunately, I have a problem. I donīt have BIS/BBS - data plan but I just want to use a phone Wi-Fi!

Every time I connect on my Wi-Fi (home and secure) there is only browser which is working. None of my applications (App world, Googlemaps, LogicMail, Twitter, Facebook, RSS etc.) work. The only solution seems to be to restart my phone completely. Then everything is fine except Gmaps and RSS (- there is still an announcement: please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again). I donīt understand it. If I turn on Wi-Fi, it everything should work normaly.

I am also an iOS user and on Apple devices wi-fi works just great with every application, no need to restart the device.

I would like to know, where is the mistake. I hate to restart my phone everytime I want to use Wi-Fi internet! It should not work like this...

Thank you!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Curve 9320: apps donīt work on Wi-Fi

It is working correctly as BBs are different from other devices. They require service books to work correctly, including WiFi. Many carriers will not push the service books without an active BB data plan on your account. O2 is probably one of those carriers.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
gngngn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
It is working correctly as BBs are different from other devices. They require service books to work correctly, including WiFi. Many carriers will not push the service books without an active BB data plan on your account. O2 is probably one of those carriers.
OK, but if I turn off and on the phone! Everything works! facebook, Logic Mail, App shop - are working fine! Once I turn off the wi-fi (for ex. leave home) and after a while I turn it on - itīs not working...! All that becaouse of O2?
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon

It works temporarily because you temporarily get the Service Books. Once the system detects that you do not have the proper data plan, then it data functions no longer work.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #5
gngngn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle Mama View Post
It works temporarily because you temporarily get the Service Books. Once the system detects that you do not have the proper data plan, then it data functions no longer work.
Maybe I am stupid, but I am not english native speaker, so I am not shure if I understand it right! So that is why I need to restart the phone? To get propre Service Book? I thougt that with OS 7.1 there for ex Facebook which might work only on Wi-Fi correctly... without Data plan. I still donīt understand why I have to restart the machine... Because Blackberry works different?:((
Old 07-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Please don't start new threads. You have the correct answer, you need a BB data plan for those RIM services to work. No way around it.

Your second thread has been closed.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/wifi...s-restart.html

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
gngngn

Unhappy Re: Curve 9320: apps donīt work on Wi-Fi

[QUOTE=Dubdub;1783289]Please don't start new threads. You have the correct answer, you need a BB data plan for those RIM services to work. No way around it.

Your second thread has been closed.

I am sorry. I am just desperate. I donīt have correct answer. Applications are working after I restart my phone - so there is definitely no need to have data plan! I just wanted to know why is restart necessary (after I turn Wi fi off and then on again)!!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930

I don't think that you are stupid. However, many features (particularly data features) are controlled by Service Books on BlackBerry phones. You get the proper Service Books pushed to the device once you have the proper data plan (BIS). It works temporarily until the system detects that you don't have the proper data plan. They won't work on just WiFi unless you have the proper data plan active for the device.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
ZainUddinsnakebite

Model: 9300
Carrier: wi-tribe

Thanks for the help, I have the same problem on my 9300, does this mean getting data plan will automatically help get the proper service books right?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
ZainUddinsnakebite

Model: 9300
Carrier: wi-tribe

The problem is that this phone of mine was with a friend and I bought it from him, when it was with him, his whatsapp and fb would work on wifi only,but afyer I've bought it, whatsapp and fb only work after rebooting, this is strange :/ please solve my problem
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

You need a BlackBerry Data Plan on your account. That is the only way to get the service books from your carrier.

That's it.
Closed Thread