BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
Nubiez

Model: 9330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sprint Blackberry 9330 to another carrier?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, I have a blackberry 9330, and i have it set up to a sprint account that i signed a contract for.. this is my 3rd month having the phone and i just got my second bill.. it is $115.. the first bill was $130.. When i signed up i was told i was on a $69.99 + $10.00 premium data plan .. the bill is too much for me to pay..

so sprint told me i can switch to boost and virgin and avoid the contract cancellation fee and hook it up with a flat rate prepaid service

my question is can i flash my sprint blackberry to virgin mobile or boost? If not can i do it to metro pcs because i will pay the cancelltion fee if i need to i just need a cheaper flatter rate

please let me know
Old 04-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: Sprint Blackberry 9330 to another carrier?

You need to call your carrier of choice and confirm they have the coverage you need and whether or not they will allow that particular device on their network.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
Nubiez

Well I talked to them and they told me that if I can get it unlocked i would be able to use it but they wouldnt be able to tell me how to do it.. Currently I can not just call them up and put the phone on, I would need to unlock it the guy told me.

That wasn't very helpful, I did research this before making this topic, and I am hoping to get some help. I have never visited this community before, but getting a straight answer would be nice.

Now it would make sense that the spring blackberry should work on the boost network because boost and sprint now share their cdma network.

Is this possible?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

You cannot "unlock" a CDMA phone such as the 9330. It has no GSM capabilities. Also, you will not be able to use it on BOOST as I believe BOOST is an iDEN network, not CDMA. You may be able to use it on Metro PCS or Virgin Mobile, but I am not sure how you would flash it.

I am on Sprint and I never have my bill that high. Why is your bill so high? What are the charges for?

The unlimited mobile to mobile is only when you're on the Sprint network, so if you're roaming while on the phone, you're using your anytime minutes. Are they overage charges?
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]

Last edited by jsconyers; 05-05-2011 at 08:20 AM..
Old 05-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
Nubiez

Thank you for your detailed reply.
Just the taxes-surcharges-spending limit program charges- have raised my bill

I had charges for out of the country calling, but i never talked to anyone out of the country apparently someone used my phone to call 411 5 times in 20 minutes though that messed up my first one... i work for Stop and Shop and i get 17.99 discount off my bill and with that discount my bill is about 76 dollars now... still expensive, and I dont really understand why i would even want to pay more than $50 a month rather than just use a prepaid.. i understand that they give me a credit line and allow me to pay my bill late but if my bill wasnt over $100 i would be able to pay it on time anyway.

I was out drinking and I was intoxicated when i signed the contract because I wanted a blackberry haha, that should totally void my contract imo!!

thank you for the info.. i will look into switching for virgin mobile
Closed Thread