From BlackBerryCool.com

Next gen Curve pics leaked | BlackBerry Cool
Old 06-29-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

all I want is GPS and a camera damnit!

Looks nice though, too bad it wont launch in the black color.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Frankly, I prefer the all silver colour scheme of my rogers 8300r. Not sure if non-rogers versions are similar in appearance, but this is a HOT phone. WiFi would be nice, but I don't need it. GPS would be sweet.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #4
NYCrooner
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Cingular

I envy the camera however WiFi isn't a big deal for me as EDGE does the job just fine for me.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

If I'm not mistaken BGR had this quite a few months ago. Could swear there was a model with the wifi symbol when the 8300 stuff first broke.

Would be cool if they offered T-Mobile@Home via this device. That remains to be seen.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
juice901
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post
If I'm not mistaken BGR had this quite a few months ago. Could swear there was a model with the wifi symbol when the 8300 stuff first broke.

Would be cool if they offered T-Mobile@Home via this device. That remains to be seen.
He did...but it didn't have the 3.2mp camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, or a couple other features they mention in this article.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:29 PM   #7
PabloTX
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I've got a question about the WiFi. Obviously, T-Mobile is going to lock it to their pay plan, but if one of these is unlocked and used on AT&T (or others) is there any hope of the WiFi working?
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
ARHYTHMATIK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm sure the wifi will work regardless of carrier.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:40 PM   #9
bucketmouth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizon 5.0.0.xxx

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

All I know is this is gunna be one sweet bb...media streaming and wifi...upgraded camera....glad I waited for tmo...looks like their comin through with the better version....this baby looks sweet!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 PM   #10
PabloTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARHYTHMATIK View Post
I'm sure the wifi will work regardless of carrier.
But T-Moble's WiFi is pay for use. So I would assume it's locked to a proxy or something similar. So assuming you get an unlocked T-Mobile version (and maybe even another carrier's software loaded) is the WiFi setting just a simple change?
Old 06-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #11
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post

indeed he did i dont hes also had the 8820 since feb and the pics of both the 8820 and the 8320 are still up on the site.....
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTX View Post
But T-Moble's WiFi is pay for use. So I would assume it's locked to a proxy or something similar. So assuming you get an unlocked T-Mobile version (and maybe even another carrier's software loaded) is the WiFi setting just a simple change?
T-mobile has never locked wifi on a single one of their devices. I am positive you will be able to use it on any wifi network you want. Who do you think they are? Verizon?

It will certinly be able to use their @home service or their hotspots wifi service though.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
PabloTX

But doesn't their @home service come at a flat monthly rate? What are you paying for? Hardware rental? If they're charging a fee, what are they providing in exchange for the fee? And is it required to use the WiFi?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:17 PM   #14
jibi
BlackBerry God

Let me say that this reply is not directed at BBCool, by any means (I'm part of the staff there), but the source of this article appears to have pieced together various tidbits from here and there and put them into a 'leaked' news posting. No offense, but unless they plan on changing something from the current release-ready models that would be the basis of this 'leak' versus the actual retail models, the camera is NOT 3.2MP or higher. It's still 2.0MP (or 1600x1200). The rest of the new features posted in hayden's thread (thus his 'source') seems to be almost verbatim of the Komet's laundry list of features published on BGR, sans SureType-specific metrics. I'm not saying hayden's source is wrong, but given the incorrect camera megapixels (unless they figured out how to royally screw up 2080x1544 as 1600x1200 in the GUI) and the fact that the date of the release is still the old rumored September month (this was the 'unrealistic' goal month), then this information is suspicious, at best. Perhaps some real pictures and fabricated content...?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:20 PM   #15
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
But doesn't their @home service come at a flat monthly rate? What are you paying for? Hardware rental? If they're charging a fee, what are they providing in exchange for the fee? And is it required to use the WiFi?
To utilize the HotSpot@home service, it's free. With that said, it'll still take away from your pool of minutes, no matter the call origin. You could pay a flat $9.99 for unlimited Wi-Fi calls and if the call was made from your device while connected to a Wi-Fi access point or HotSpot, then you could go wherever you wanted, switching over to the T-Mobile network and back and forth and back and so on, without being charged a penny or a minute. Hope that explains it.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #16
PabloTX

Gotcha. So the "free" version just gives you a better signal at your house, whereas you can get a flat rate home calling plan for $10/month.

So with an unlocked phone (absent any AT&T comparable plan), you will basically just get a signal, but no free calling?
Old 06-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #17
i robot
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: o2

its the next big thing. I have the curve just over a week and they're upgrading it. Oh my good god they could have given me a month to gloat
Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #18
juice901
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi View Post
Let me say that this reply is not directed at BBCool, by any means (I'm part of the staff there), but the source of this article appears to have pieced together various tidbits from here and there and put them into a 'leaked' news posting. No offense, but unless they plan on changing something from the current release-ready models that would be the basis of this 'leak' versus the actual retail models, the camera is NOT 3.2MP or higher. It's still 2.0MP (or 1600x1200). The rest of the new features posted in hayden's thread (thus his 'source') seems to be almost verbatim of the Komet's laundry list of features published on BGR, sans SureType-specific metrics. I'm not saying hayden's source is wrong, but given the incorrect camera megapixels (unless they figured out how to royally screw up 2080x1544 as 1600x1200 in the GUI) and the fact that the date of the release is still the old rumored September month (this was the 'unrealistic' goal month), then this information is suspicious, at best. Perhaps some real pictures and fabricated content...?
hmm...interesting
Old 06-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #19
vandal
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

3.2 mega pixel camera???

"I WANT IT NOW!"

I really hope (depending on the provider I am guessing) that you can send those 3.2 megapixel pictures through MMS, because we cant even send them at its highest quality.

Last edited by vandal; 06-29-2007 at 06:06 PM..
Old 06-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #20
jibi
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Gotcha. So the "free" version just gives you a better signal at your house, whereas you can get a flat rate home calling plan for $10/month.

So with an unlocked phone (absent any AT&T comparable plan), you will basically just get a signal, but no free calling?
Correct. This extends their network 'virtually'. One thing I did forget to mention is that it was reported during their beta testing in metro areas that people would actually make an effort to make their calls at the local Starbucks or something else. Most of the time, you'd notice people being too lazy to take advantage for what they're paying for (for instance, I pay $100/mo for digital cable and OnDemand and all that crap, yet I've only watched actual television 4 times in past 3.5 months I've been in Atlanta), so that is an astonishingly high percentage of users who go out of their way to get free calls.

Regardless, I think it's a great idea. They are the first to market with GAN/UMA, so that's pretty huge for the non-trailblazing TMO. AT&T won't have something similar for another 1-2 years.