BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #41
ingiro
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: STORM
Carrier: bell mobility

Please Login to Remove!

i guess noone found a solution to this im having the same problem Application Wizard. In the "Updating your device", the first step (Load JVM and system software) is working, but at the second step "Wait for device initialization", just sits there and nothing its been an hour or more i have tried all te steps above i even reinstall windows to make sure everything was clean.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #42
gdouglas02

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm having all of the same issues listed here with the exception of not showing an error on the screen of the phone other than the battery icon and the hourglass. When trying to use the jl cmder I am not seeing anything where I have been able to wipe as the device continues to connect and reconnect. I also have this issue when using the app loader or the DM. In each case the device continues to connect and disconnect. I have tried this with the battery in and out, with the sim card in and out, and have tried this on 3 different computers. In each case I have also changed the power management option for the USB ports.

Help me please!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #43
Eagle37

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

I have a Blackberry 8330 Curve. Error message JVM-545. I completed every step that was mentioned here to no avail. I talked to Verizon tech support and they told me that 8 out of 10 phones with this problem can be fixed by loading a new OS on the phone. So apparently many of us here are those 2 out of 10 that have phones that are basically dead. Mine is getting sent back. I spent hours with it and will not spend anything further.I'm really surprised that such a phone can develope problems like this that seem to come from no where. Unless they fix this flaw, it will make me think twice in getting another blackberry.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #44
gixxer998

Model: 8100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusal25 View Post
fraserjaxx:

I Googled it and it takes me to crackberry: Lesson 12 - Blackberry 101 How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry, which I have tried dozens of times with no results. It completes the first step, but it always fails on the second step while "waiting for device initialization." At that point the phone starts the rebooting cycle and the screen with the multi-stage error pops up in the PC.
Hi everyone, sorry first post. Newbie here.

Same problem here. I've tried everything everyone else has and at the point where it says "waiting for device initialization" it begins to reboot only to tell me the upload has failed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Is this phone dead? Anywhere I can send it?

Thanks!

Last edited by gixxer998; 03-11-2009 at 08:26 AM..
Old 03-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #45
Kretus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

hey I get multistage error too, waiting for device initialiaztion, been trying to find solutions since december but failed... any1 tried like the hong kong os?4.5?
Old 03-31-2009, 11:32 AM   #46
shizku

Model: 9000
Carrier: Starhub

Its works.
1st. Using JL_cmder. Must have hell lots of patient.
2nd. Run apps loader.

must keep trying
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #47
mjmedsger

Model: 8110
Carrier: ATT

I have tried also with all of the suggestions above. Now JL-Cmder is stuck in the red screen stating Connecting to device....
Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #48
MDawood

Model: 9700
PIN: 21AC8959
Carrier: Etisilat
Default Nuked 8310 Device

DEAR ALL
I READ TOO MANY SUGGESTION HOW TO RELOAD OS WITH ALL POSSIBLE IDEAS BUT IT FAILS...ANY ONE FROM RIM CAN SUGGEST A SOLUTION???
Old 05-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #49
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

I am not from RIM, but this is the definitive process for loading an OS. Follow the instructions carefully:
How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 05-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #50
MDawood

Model: 9700
PIN: 21AC8959
Carrier: Etisilat
Default What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_work

DEAR ALL
I have even taken the last chance and trying updating my device if goes smoothly upto "LOAD JVM and SYSTEM SOFTWARE" But its frozees on "WAITING FOR DEVICE INTIALIZATION" please suggest solution I have no more energy and time left to keep on going in circles.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:42 AM   #51
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

Device Initialization can take 45 minutes to an hour at times. How long are you letting it stay in that status before you unplug it or othewise try to use it?
Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 AM   #52
peter.ms

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-mobile CZ
Default nuked BB

Hi, I have the same problem, the same symptomps like ecusal25.
I my case I unpluged the BB after 35-45 minutes of repeated reboots. How I read here, the only way how to repair the nuked BB 8700 is wipe it with Jloader and be very very patient with it? I tried it for a lot of times.....

How is the chance to repair it? Or it is dead forever? I am missig my
Old 05-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #53
teddyshady

Model: 8110
Carrier: 02

hey everyone!

I have my friends BB Pearl 8110 (officially on the o2 network), i have used MFI Multiloader to erase it because i had a blank screen and only red flashing led.

JL Commander will not connect with the device! it keeps giving me errors such as cant open port & com error during open when i try i try connecting the device through command without the battery in.

The AppLoader as with everyone else, if i dont have a battery installed it will show a no battery image on bb, otherwise it will just keep rebooting and fail.

At the moment on the screen it shows "hey everyone!

I have my friends BB Pearl 8110 (officially on the o2 network), i have used MFI Multiloader to erase it because i had a blank screen and only red flashing led.

JL Commander will not connect with the device! it keeps giving me errors such as cant open port & com error during open when i try i try connecting the device through command without the battery in.

The AppLoader as with everyone else, if i dont have a battery installed it will show a no battery image on bb, otherwise it will just keep rebooting and fail.

At the moment on the screen it shows "NO APPLICATION LINKED" <FACTORY OS>

But i have been researching for the past week and stumbled amongst many solutions but none worked including useing 3 fully charged batterys!

I'm thinking to give up, but i don't know!

PS: the pin sometimes shows up as FFFFFFFF or 00000000, read somewhere the F's means hardware problem, i hope this is not the case.... cause i got the phone into service mode and tested everything and it was all working!

BTW i dont get the hour glass, once im trying to reinstall an os the screen goes black, sometimes it flashes white for a split second but reboots n back to black! alot of red led flashings though and i can hear that it keeps disconnecting!

** i just tried doing the whole os thing on loader but no luck! now my bb displays black screen only while connected to pc it turns on and off *red led is on when on, and off when off... 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 kinda theme! never ending!

it does the same thing even if unpluged! no image or error msg! i only get the NO APPLICATION LINKED" <FACTORY OS> when i use MFI Multiloader to do a nuke and wipe!

Last edited by teddyshady; 05-07-2009 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: more info!
Old 07-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #54
gayos

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone
Cool wish.....helpfull

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxer998 View Post
Hi everyone, sorry first post. Newbie here.

Same problem here. I've tried everything everyone else has and at the point where it says "waiting for device initialization" it begins to reboot only to tell me the upload has failed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Is this phone dead? Anywhere I can send it?

Thanks!
Ok I has some problem....but solved with this trick...just need patient,,try charge ur battery full. and pull up it from device..then dont do anything with ur device more less 24 hours...after that...try again to install DM + OS( choose the stable os )...n install NET Framework 2.0 ok hope that help u
Closed Thread