Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #1
ifonlinn

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default deleting accounts on Classic

Please Login to Remove!

i have a syncing problem on my Blackberry classic which seems to have arisen from the fact that i have two PC accounts of the same name on my phone - i think this is because my PC failed and i had to have a new C; drive installed - in any case when i try to sync with my blackberry it keeps choosing the wrong account and so no data is transferred

when i look under the left-hand-side menu in 'contacts' i can see the different accounts, one listed above the other - and you can go in and see what is in each. BUT you can't delete them from there.

instead to do that, you need to go to 'settings' / 'accounts' where they are both listed below my e-mail account

but this time you can't see which is which in any way - but you CAN delete them.

whilst i have done a backup i'm not sure i trust it and bearing in mind it's the only copy of my calendar and contacts that i'm sure i have, i am worried abotu taking the chance and deleting the wrong account.

so my question is - would i be right to assume that the account which is listed above the other in 'contacts' is also going to be listed above the other in 'accounts' - does anyone know if that is the way it would follow?

or is there another way of knowing - or do i just have to take the chance?
Old 12-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: deleting accounts on Classic

make a backup before doing anything then go into the settings/accounts and you should see the pc's listed. From there you can delete the one you do not need any more. Then do a sync to the PC using LINK.

I tried this on my phone where I had a dell and an HP. Deleting the dell worked.

MAKE A BACKUP
Old 12-06-2016, 03:48 PM   #3
ifonlinn

thanks, i've already made a backup

like i say though, i have two PC names on the BB which are exactly the same - so i don't know which one to delete because in the menu where you can delete it it isn't clear which is which
Old 12-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

It wont be clear that's why the backup to insure you will have a copy of your contacts to restore and start fresh.
Make a backup of the entire phone then delete one.
Using LINK will show the PC name in the top left corner. The phone data can be restored from backup you made.

If you do not have LINK you can download it free from Blackberry.com
LINK is a desktop app for the BB.
You did not mention LINK so just in case your unaware of it I suggested it's use.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:21 AM   #5
ifonlinn

sure i do have Link thanks for that.

the good news is, i've managed to find a copy of my old Outlook data file which means i have restored the info to my PC now, so its not quite so critical meaning i can experiment with less fear!

thanks for helping
Closed Thread