jxlarrea
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 207E3F5F
Carrier: Porta
Default gsmphonesource problem

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everybody,

Last week i purchased at gsmphonesource.com an unlock code for my Blackberry Bold and still hasnt got any response from them. I have mailed, PM'd Adam and even added him to my MSN Messenger contacts. The thing is that i just realized his last post on this forum was last year.

Did i make a mistake trusting gsmphonesource ?

EDIT: Unlock code received, time frame as advertised. Even thought their communication is poor and rude, seems to be a legit company.

Last edited by jxlarrea; 11-04-2008 at 07:11 PM..
Old 10-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

they unlock codes may not be in the databases yet

gsmphonesource is very reliable

I think the codes are not yet available
Old 10-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
soupandsandwich

No, you didn't make a mistake in my opinion.
Adam is great, and I'm sure there's a good explanation for this.
Is your carrier based in the US? If not then it's probably going to take a while for an unlock code. If I'm not mistaken, it takes like 15 days or more for international unlock codes.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
jxlarrea
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well he does advertise in the website that he is able to unlock BB Bolds by now:

Blackberry - All Other Carriers

soupandsandwich thanks for the response, i guess i'll have no option but to wait another week. The least i'd expect from him is to answer my emails or PMs.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #5
richard371
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

Is this a launch event ATT Bold. RIM usually never releases the codes to these. He was never able to unlock any of my launch event units.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
Horizon Wireless
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9920
PIN: 3218B513
Carrier: ROGERS AND FIDO

Adam is a great guy dont worry. If he does not get the code for you, he will most likely refund you
Old 10-27-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
lskolnik
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxlarrea View Post
Hello everybody,

Last week i purchased at gsmphonesource.com an unlock code for my Blackberry Bold and still hasnt got any response from them. I have mailed, PM'd Adam and even added him to my MSN Messenger contacts. The thing is that i just realized his last post on this forum was last year.

Did i make a mistake trusting gsmphonesource ?
I used them recently and noticed that their communication with me was very limited at best. My email follow ups were not answered and I had to keep sending until I finally got a response. I found the experience off-putting for a company that came so highly recommended.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #8
jxlarrea
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just for the record, I was able to contact Adam today via IM, he stated that he has been on the road for 3 weeks thus he as unable to answer my inquiries. Also, he said that my unlock code will be ready in a week.

I'll keep everyone informed.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
ricpac
BBFAQ Sysop

Model: 9700
PIN: Alt+Shift+H
Carrier: GLOBE

Kewl! Thanks for the update.

Let us know...
Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #10
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

Next next go to horizon not trying to knock adam but horizon is better with communication

http://www.blackberryfaq.com
Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
lskolnik

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldconfession13 View Post
Wirelessly posted

Next next go to horizon not trying to knock adam but horizon is better with communication
Agreed 100%!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #12
jxlarrea
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lskolnik View Post
Agreed 100%!
Exactly, i've been trying to contact this Adam guy and even if he is online on Windows Messenger, he never replies to me.

According to what he told me last week (he was even mad because i sent him a nudge, given that i was receiving no answer from him at that point) i should be getting my unlock code in a few days.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
jxlarrea
Thumbs Must Hurt

Just a few minutes ago i received the unlock code from gsmphonesource. It worked as expected and the timeframe was within the advertised.

From my experience, their communication is poor at best. But they are legit and you WILL receive your unlock code within the given turnaround time. At least was my experience.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
kvon

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular
Default GSM Phone Source - stay away.

Not sure what to make of "this Adam guy", with all the mixed reviews. But I feel compelled to relate my experience, which was decidedly BAD.

His website seems to stress that if you attempt to contact him before the advertised turnaround time for the code, don't expect him to be responsive. (Nice). In my case, the advertised turnaround time was "after 8am PST the following business day". That doesn't exactly narrow it down.

My credit card was charged almost immediately after placing the order. I waited a full 24 hours after 8am the next day, and hearing nothing, sent a gentle email "nudge". No response. Another 29 hours after that, still having heard nothing, I sent a "cancel my order" message. I got a return receipt back from that message, but no other communication. I've heard not so much as a peep from this guy. I don't have any "proof of life", so to speak. (Does he exist?)

I've filed a report to contest the charge with my credit card, but have not yet seen a refund on my credit card account.

Bad juju, in my book. I recommend to stay away.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #15
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvon View Post
Not sure what to make of "this Adam guy", with all the mixed reviews. But I feel compelled to relate my experience, which was decidedly BAD.

His website seems to stress that if you attempt to contact him before the advertised turnaround time for the code, don't expect him to be responsive. (Nice). In my case, the advertised turnaround time was "after 8am PST the following business day". That doesn't exactly narrow it down.

My credit card was charged almost immediately after placing the order. I waited a full 24 hours after 8am the next day, and hearing nothing, sent a gentle email "nudge". No response. Another 29 hours after that, still having heard nothing, I sent a "cancel my order" message. I got a return receipt back from that message, but no other communication. I've heard not so much as a peep from this guy. I don't have any "proof of life", so to speak. (Does he exist?)

I've filed a report to contest the charge with my credit card, but have not yet seen a refund on my credit card account.

I feel compelled to tell you that bumping old threads isn't cool
Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #16
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvon View Post

Thanks for letting us know. Let us know if you ever hear back from them. You can use forum source HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß you will have no issue there!
Old 02-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
kvon

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDBrown View Post
Thanks for letting us know. Let us know if you ever hear back from them. You can use forum source HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center ß you will have no issue there!
Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I placed the order, still haven't had a single communication from him. Just received notice from my credit card that they're crediting my account for the charge, so it's a closed issue for me. But really poor form for this Adam that everyone speaks so highly of...
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 AM   #18
exec17

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

just used them for an 8300, and service was great. highly recommend! all done in less than 24 hours.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #19
Horizon Wireless
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9920
PIN: 3218B513
Carrier: ROGERS AND FIDO

Adam is a good guy. With the amount of orders he gets, it can get overwhelming. Trust me, i know.
Closed Thread