BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
steve2112
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Question Help - is this older feature available in the newest Desktop Manager?

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I have one customer (the only person of 130 that I support) that uses this feature that used to be available in the older versions of the Desktop Manager software.

He received a new Blackberry a couple of months ago, and it required the newer version of the Desktop Manager. I can't remember the version number he has installed now, but I had downloaded it about 4 weeks ago from RIM.

The feature I am looking for, but can't find in the new Desktop Manager was something called "Redirect messages while my device is connected". He prefers that no messsages go to his Blackberry while it is connected to his PC. In the old version, this was easy to find, and was just a checkbox you would set, and when the Blackberry was plugged in with the USB cable, any new messages coming in would only go to his Inbox on his PC, and would not get delivered to the Blackberry.

Can anyone help me to find this setting in the latest version of the Desktop Manager?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help - I really appreciate it!

Steve2112
Old 01-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Help - is this older feature available in the newest Desktop Manager?

Read the entire DM 6 document and not one word on redirecting. RIM must have deleted the function.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
steve2112
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T
Default Re: Help - is this older feature available in the newest Desktop Manager?

Thank you tsac - that is what I was afraid of. He was the only person that used the function in the group of people I support, so perhaps RIM thought it was not a popular feature. If anyone else knows about this issue, please feel free to reply.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

It was a feature which came from the early early days of BB, to prevent reduce the load on the cellular network transmitting messages when the device is cradled, and therefore 'unneccessary'

Personally I like my BB to be a true 'remote control' and have everything on it, and with full 2 way deletes the overhead of getting messages to the device which are then deleted via desktop doesn't seem that great. I guess that's the view RIM took as well...