Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
svandomelen

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T - United States
Default Firmware Upgrade with BES 5.0 on AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I have just installed the 60-day evaluation of BES 5.0 for Microsoft Exchange. I have been able to synchronize with four users and everything seems to be working great for E-mail, contacts, etc.

Now, I am on to the next step. I built a policy that has "Allow Non Enterprise Upgrade" so that I can have AT&T upgrades available to users as well as RIM.

All phones are BlackBerry 9000 (Bold) running v4.6.0.297 (Platform 4.0.0.243). We received an E-mail from our AT&T sales rep saying that an upgrade was available and the the result would be the Platform upgrade to 4.0.0.247. I had one user do this by hand using OTA and his device was upgraded.

Next, I changed the policy to disallow device user requested upgrades for testing. I then tried to upgrade the HH manually and got a warning that it was disallowed by the administrator. Perfect.

The problem is that the remaining HH devices are not getting upgrade notices or automatic upgrades sent to them. They continue to run 4.0.0.243 and all deployment jobs have been completed.

My question is why not? Since I allow RIM and/or AT&T to upgrade the HH devices, I would have thought a notice would have been sent to my users to proceed with the update. Is this because I am using an evaluation license? Is there a known problem or registration requirement with AT&T?

This is all part of the evaluation for moving the company to BlackBerry, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Did you publish the OS to them for installation?
Old 09-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
svandomelen

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T - United States

Thanks hdawg. I am still learning my way around the BES consoles and such. I got it all published and the upgrades went out.
Closed Thread