Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
squiles

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Angry enterprise error activation

Please Login to Remove!

"Activation failed. An error was encountered when sending the activation transmission. An error ocurred. Please contact your system administrator."

Someone can help me in with this error. I remove the account from my BES 4.0 and creat again, I update my Blackberry 8300 to 4.2 and the same error continue.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

can you activate any other devices? Are the policy and syncronization services running?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
squiles

i try another device and the same error.

Where I can check the policy and sync service? I have BES 4.0
Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

From the BES server, click on start > run and enter services.msc. All the BlackBerry services will start with Blackberry.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
squiles

Yes all this services is runing.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #6
stevesuk

Model: CURVE
Carrier: Vodafone

First post, and sorry if I'm hijacking this thread (hopefully I'm being helpful as well!).

I found your post through Googling the error message one of our users is seeing when he tries to do an Enterprise Activation of his new phone.

We're not experts on Blackberry here, but we're becoming convinced this error is to do with a carrier/SIM problem, and maybe not an issue with the BES configuration.

Done a lot of research at our end. Usually, when one of our users chooses to activate a handset, we see several email messages from Blackberry arrive in the users mailbox.

But for this one particular user, we find that there is no trace of the activation email ever arriving. He assures us that he has typed (and double checked) his email address on the handset. Also, we tried activating another phone with the wrong email address. In this case, we found the phone hangs for ages. However, in our users case, they get the error back within a couple of seconds.

We believe the activation message is never leaving the handset.

So my advice to the original poster would be to check your mail server logs and make sure the activation messages are actually arriving at your server (not being picked up as spam? or quarantined?). If they're not arriving at your server, the problem is not with the configuration at your end perhaps?

But in our case, we're stumped as to what to try next. Anyone got any ideas?

To complicate matters... our telecoms provider is Vodafone in the UK (its a UK Vodafone SIM card in the phone). However, the phone is being activated for the first time in Singapore!

We know the data connection is working, because we have "GPRS" in caps on the display, and before trying to activate, the user can use the phone to connect to the web.

Anyone know whether this could be to do with trying to activate a handset whilst "roaming" away from the home provider?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:41 AM   #7
j1203

Model: 8800
Carrier: Vodafone

I work in Technical Support for Blackberry devices. This error most commonly occurs if your Blackberry Device is not provisioned for the service it is required to use. Devices can be allocated to Blackberry Enterprise, Blackberry Prosumer(to be used with the internet service) or dual provisioned to use both. Contact your supplier and ask them to contact your mobile network to check the provisioning. They will need your mobile number and the Blackberry Pin number(this is found under settings and then status)
Old 08-11-2008, 03:11 AM   #8
digitalamulet

Model: 8800
Carrier: VODAPHONE
Default I found this was a known solution....

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1203 View Post
I work in Technical Support for Blackberry devices. This error most commonly occurs if your Blackberry Device is not provisioned for the service it is required to use. Devices can be allocated to Blackberry Enterprise, Blackberry Prosumer(to be used with the internet service) or dual provisioned to use both. Contact your supplier and ask them to contact your mobile network to check the provisioning. They will need your mobile number and the Blackberry Pin number(this is found under settings and then status)
After many calls to vodaphone they eventually advised that the device needed to be readded to the RIM database (sometimes happens when the device has been off the network for a period of time)

Regards

Andy
Old 11-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #9
jckadyk

Model: 8703e
Default soft reset fixed it for me

I tried many things...what fixed it for my client was very simple: a soft reset of the handheld. With the handheld ON, remove the back cover and pull the battery out for a few seconds. Then replace the battery and try again. Hope that helps someone.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #10
Martin732

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone NZ

Thanks j1203 that fixed it for me!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
Ginalovessharks
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8350
Carrier: Verizon

The battery pull works everytime.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginalovessharks View Post
The battery pull works everytime.
Not if the device is connected to the consumer (BIS plan) when it should be on the enterprise (BES plan) and yep often the 1st rep you talk to doesn't know the difference..
Old 05-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #13
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtahirmunir View Post
Dear,

Check ur IT policies, it often occured due to password IT policies.

Wipe ur handheld and then do agian.

Regards,

Muhammad Tahir Munir
Sorry Muhammad but an enterprise activation failure has nothing to do with password IT policies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiles View Post
"Activation failed. An error was encountered when sending the activation transmission. An error ocurred. Please contact your system administrator."

Someone can help me in with this error. I remove the account from my BES 4.0 and creat again, I update my Blackberry 8300 to 4.2 and the same error continue.
Squiles

1) Post the question in BESadmin corner and you'll get a much better response

2) If you really need to get thje device working in a hurry then USB it into the BES itself, then within manager you can assign the device to the user.

3) If you search BESadmin corener for 'enterprise activation fail' you'll get lots and lots of responses -e.g BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - Search Results