Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 02:09 AM   #41
PMurray633
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
PIN: 3049C9C6
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I was in store tonight, buying a car charger for my Storm, considering I play with it so much, that is kills the battery, but one of the guys said that all the Storm's that they ordered yesterday for people didn't come in today, and that they wouldn't get theirs until mid December... sucks.. Glad I fought in line for one.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:45 AM   #42
mrjerome
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I got mine! You should have got up and got in that line early. I was number 5 & 6 and that was at 4:00am. I bought 2 for me and the wife. She can't touch mine!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:09 AM   #43
TylerBoneZJoneZ
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: INK
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Ordered My Storm Friday the 21st... Shipped out yesterday, Will be getting mine either Monday or Tuesday... Called Verizon the lady I spoke to said It would be better to wait because the ones they are shipping out are being re-flashed with the newest software and will resolve the lag issue and a few more. So I'm pretty excited!!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #44
hop2000

Model: Touch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshine666 View Post
I was told something similar to this by a rep here. Verizon store in Katy, Texas.

True? Who knows.
I found this article to very interesting. I wouldn't doubt it for a second that Verizon pushed this thing out with an inferior operating system. Apple/ATT did the same thing with the 3G iphone. Then updated a few weeks later. Hopefully for those that bought theirs already, the patch will come fairly soon. For the others that waited (like myself), hopefully this thing starts shipping in a few weeks with an operating system that fixes all of the bugs that have been reported. We will see.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #45
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Remember this: Probably only half of phone owners even know there's an OS update possible for phones, and half of them won't update it even if they know. And many will return a phone within 30 days if they don't like the way it operates without messing with a OS update. Verizon was smart to wait. Far fewer problems that way.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #46
deezmfnutz

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz View Post
Here is where my order status is. Placed online order Friday 11.21.2008 at 18:00 hours EST.

--
Here is the status of your order.

Order Date: 11/21/2008
Order Number: 513707XXX
Order Status: Your order has been processed. You should receive your order within 2 - 3 business days.
--

So will I really get my order in 2 to 3 days or will it ship in December? Anyone else who placed on online order? Whats your status.

UPDATE, got email from vzw, my vzwonline ordered Storm just shipped. The whole december 5th thing is not true.

Ship date Nov 23, 2008
Estimated delivery Nov 25, 2008 by 3:00 PM

Service type Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required

Status Picked up

Date/Time Location

Nov 23, 2008 WEST CHESTER, PA
Old 11-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #47
Mikef1182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdingo View Post
I called at about 11 am this monring so I could get my order number. I tried it today at 2 ish and it was telling me the number I was putting in was incorrect. So I called back in to verify everything and they told me the phone was over-nighted and gave me a fedex tracking number.

So you may have to actually call to get the correct status.
The only thing bugging me is that online it still says to check back tomorrow. I called and they can see my order and my account number, but nothing else (no active phone number yet). He just said I should have it by the 25. I hope that is true.

Check out my blog: Mobile Mike
Old 11-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #48
jmd36

Model: storm
Carrier: verizon

[QUOTE=deezmfnutz;1179692]UPDATE, got email from vzw, my vzwonline ordered Storm just shipped. The whole december 5th thing is not true.

Spoke to Veriozon a minute ago to see if my unit was shipped and........ Any phone ordered after 2pm on Friday the 21st will not be shipped until December 5th. Any phone ordered today and on will not be shipped until December 15th.............. I ordered my phone Friday at 3:30 so it will not be shipped until after the 5th.

At least I will start out with the updates.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #49
Blackberry Guru
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Just ordered mine. Verizon had sent me a $50 off coupon in the mail I'm only a year into my two year contract with my 8830 but am a heavy user.

Total price after rebates $149.99

They said 10-15 days lead time. I'm not expecting it before the second week in December which is fine with me since I thought I'd have to wait another six months to get it at this price.

Hopefully the wait is shorter!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:14 AM   #50
deezmfnutz

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd36 View Post
Spoke to Veriozon a minute ago to see if my unit was shipped and........ Any phone ordered after 2pm on Friday the 21st will not be shipped until December 5th. Any phone ordered today and on will not be shipped until December 15th.............. I ordered my phone Friday at 3:30 so it will not be shipped until after the 5th.

At least I will start out with the updates.
Well I ordered online from vzw at 6:00PM on Friday the 21st and my Storm is shipped and on its way! So the December 5th thing doesn't apply to all orders thats for sure! Verizon is full of FUD WRT shipping dates.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #51
Mikef1182
Thumbs Must Hurt

Finally got the confrimation email. " Your Internet Order has been processed. For more details on your order status visit our Order Status page."

I also checked my bank and I have been charged for the phone. I was only charged 213.00 so I must have got the rebate instantly. Woot! Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Check out my blog: Mobile Mike
Old 11-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #52
mulvisaur

Model: none
Default phone order at 234 pm on the 21st

i called and placed my order at 1:34PM (call lasted 12min 15 seconds) EST on the 21st. When i called yesterday to confirm, i was not asked what time i called, but was told that my order would ship on Dec 5th. I called today and she said that phone orders prior to 2:00PM EST will ship tomorrow, November 25. She said that she cannot give me tracking information as they do not have it until the device ships. Since my call was so close to the 2pm deadline, i am not holding my breath that it will be shipped on the 25th - but it would be nice!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:06 PM   #53
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500

i gave rep all my info thursday night he said hed enter my info friday morning i got confirm email at 1135am friday morning so we will see i guess
Old 11-24-2008, 02:18 PM   #54
jmd36

i just called back verizon again and the rep read me an email that states..... all phones ordered after 2pm Friday will be shipped on or before December 5th. He was unsure if there was an update or a shortage but given the "on or before...." it gives me some hope that mine will be shipped earlier.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #55
drdingo

Model: 7100t
Carrier: Ver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd36 View Post
i just called back verizon again and the rep read me an email that states..... all phones ordered after 2pm Friday will be shipped on or before December 5th. He was unsure if there was an update or a shortage but given the "on or before...." it gives me some hope that mine will be shipped earlier.
I received mine today. Both of them actually. And I ordered at 8 pm on Friday night.

Good luck!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #56
CO_BBTechie
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310

I got an indication from my rep that it's not so much a supply problem as it is a logistical nightmare to pull/process/pack/ship these devices. They can apparently only handle so many per day.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #57
jmd36

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdingo View Post
I received mine today. Both of them actually. And I ordered at 8 pm on Friday night.

Good luck!
Did you order by phone or online? I ordered on the phone..... The rep did say on or before so I guess there is hope. The rep also mentioned the response to the new phone was much greater than they had anticipated.....
Old 11-24-2008, 05:19 PM   #58
fairbornstorm
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500

i got an email from the sales rep i ordered from on the phone thursday night that entered it and i received confirm email at 1135am, he said my phone is at the warehouse, but has no tracking number we'll see, ordered my zagg shield today =D
Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #59
adjuster11

Model: 8703e

Zagg was only 3 days to Denver. Also ordered a bunch of charges but don't know if they let me post links to Hong Kong shops. $2.99 chargers!

celllphoneshop.net - added with permission

It appears I'll have all the do dads, before the phone rolls in. I'm the after 2 pm orderer also, (in store) so we'll see.

Last edited by adjuster11; 11-25-2008 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: added url for others
Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 PM   #60
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjuster11 View Post
Zagg was only 3 days to Denver. Also ordered a bunch of charges but don't know if they let me post links to Hong Kong shops. $2.99 chargers!

It appears I'll have all the do dads, before the phone rolls in. I'm the after 2 pm orderer also, (in store) so we'll see.
You may post them!
Closed Thread