BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #21
jwywong

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: BT
Default To export imported library jars to output cod using Ant script, bb-ant-tools.jar

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yairw View Post
Thanks for the great post, it helped were the eclipse plugin completely fails.
I have question with build.xml. I have a few library jar files that I use. I added them to the RAPC task using the <import> element <import location="/workspace/BlackBerry/MobileBlackBerry/lib/MathEvaluator.jar" />. Everything works fine until I run the application. I get the following exception "Entry point not found for Module MathEvaluator". Any idea what I need to do to get my app to rapc and run.
You might want to try using Ant script with bb-ant-tools.jar

- To export an external library jar (e.g. kxml2-min-2.3.0.jar) to the output BlackBerry cod, add the jar using <include>

- To set up a dependent library (e.g. the jar of the AppResource.cod, which is set as a BlackBerry Lilbrary) to the output BlackBerry cod (cldc), add it using <import>

See below for an example usage:

<target...>
<rapc ...>
<jdp ...>
<src>
<fileset...>
<include name="src/**/*.java"/>
<include name="lib/kxml2-min-2.3.0-preverified.jar"/> </fileset>
</src>
<import location=${dependent.library.bb.cod}.jar" />
</rapc>
</target>

However, I believe that the BB Eclipse plugin as of now is unable to build properly to include an external jar (first case above), see the post in BlackBerry Support Community Forums, thread "Adding External Jars using eclipse" for details.

Hope this helps!
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
cortecds

Model: curve
Carrier: verizon

These instructions don't work.
This link doesn't work:
http_//na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/downloads/jde.jsp

when I added the JAR files in step 3.1.1.6. I get the error message:
The selected JRE does not support ... compiler compliance level of 1.6
Old 01-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #23
erenken

Model: 7100G
Carrier: AT&T
Default Hot to Stop Debugging

I have Eclipse working, but my big problem is that once it connects to the simulator in debugging mode I can't get it to disconnect. What this means is that when I change my application and want to debug it again I can't. The simulator is always running the first version it had when it started. The only way I have been able to rerun the program is exit Eclipse and restart it.

Anyone have any ideas. I am new to Eclipse, so this may just be something I am missing. I have tried to exit the simulator but that doesn't do anything. It just stays up and I can't stop it.

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #24
plevintampabay
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8820
Default updates to the original article

Its been 7 months since I've touched the BlackBerry. I'm back on that project, but I might get pulled off again in a week (hopefully only for a month).

I'm also on a new computer, so I had to set everything up again. I am so happy I wrote this article. I knew, when I did, that I would need it to get setup again.

But alas, RIM has removed web pages and made other changes.

1) Following the article, the first thing I discovered is that the latest JDK from Sun is JDK SE 1.6.0 update 12.

2) RIM's latest JDE is 4.7, which can be found at http_://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/javadevenv.jsp

3) RIM also has new versions of their Eclipse plugin, but I still can not get it to work. If you go to the web page for the JDE, on the left is a button to get the Eclipse plugin. On that page is a button to Download the plug, which gives you the plugin for JDE 4.5 (at least 7 months old), which we knew back then, didn't work. If you scroll down you will find downloads for several versions of the plugin. The first time I downloaded the version for 4.7, WinZip said the zip was corrupted. The second time I downloaded it, WinZip said that one of the jar files in it, had a bad CRC. So much for trying RIMs plugin for Eclipse.

4) There is a new version of bb-ant-tools (v 1.0.2). It is at the same url as before.

5) Finally I got the latest Eclipse - JEE 3.4.1

I still need to use the simulator for 8820 (that is the device I'm targeting, not the 9500 or 9530, whose simulators come with the 4.7 JDE). Luckily I still had the installer for it, which I can no longer find at RIM.

It was not easy to get the new JDWP to work with the 8820 simulator. What I finally got working is this -
a) install the 4.7 JDE
b) rename the JDE/simulator directory to simulator_9500
c) install the 8820 simulator to the directory JDE/simulator.
d) modify the simulator invocation command as per my original post above.

There were several other minor changes (names of menu items or buttons that have been changed) in Eclipse and the JDWP, but they are all minor and easy to resolve.

This is what I've re-learned so far. I'll post what ever else I discover, when I do.

Its very disappointing to see that RIM's tools are as difficult to deal with now, as they were 7 months ago. I guess they are trying to keep the population of developers to a minimum.

Last edited by plevintampabay; 02-06-2009 at 05:32 PM..
Old 02-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #25
koic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by plevintampabay View Post
... which I can no longer find at RIM..
All previous versions of devices are still in the previos versions of plug-in packs.
For example, pack 4.5.0.14 contains simulators up to 8830.
Just install right plug-in pack
http_//na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/javaappdev/javaeclipseplug.jsp

Last edited by koic; 02-19-2009 at 10:20 AM..
Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #26
mafian911

Model: 7100T
Carrier: Sprint

Hey guys,

So I set this all up just fine, and everything works. One thing I noticed tho... I can't use basic Java primitives like String and Object. Any idea why this is?? I am a seasoned developer, but new to blackberry.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #27
plevintampabay
Thumbs Must Hurt

mafian911 - I don't know why you are having problems with String and Object.

But I should mention to folks that I am now using BB's 1.0 plugin for Eclipse. For the most part it has been working well. It has a few problems (can't link to other source directories). At this point I would recommend that people use the plugin rather than all of the above.

By the way I could not get Eclipse to automatically get the plugin from BB. I had to download a zip file and install from it.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 AM   #28
AmitG

Model: 9000
Carrier: T-mobile
Default Using BlackBerry>Erase Simulator Files> Erase All ,fails the debug and run operations

Hi all, I am using the Eclipse plugin for BlackBerry 4.5.
All was working well the app was building and running and the debugger was also working fine until i used this option:
BlackBerry>Erase Simulator Files> Erase All

Now, when i run the app, the app icon does not show up, the debug option is also not working .
when i made another project in the same workspace with a different name, the project executes on RUN, and icon is present on the simulator, but the debugger is not working ,the break points are set but execution does not halt there.
i guess some config files might have been deleted, i am in a fx and not able to find a solution other then reinstalling the plugin again.

guys please help
Old 04-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #29
plevintampabay
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default very limited plugin support

AmitG,
You could try posting your problem on the BlackBerry forums. There is a BB employee who "may" respond in a few days. I have found other annoying issues with the plugin, and I find their support to be present but minimal.
Paul
Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #30
nihoo.m

Model: 9530
Carrier: no

thanks
Old 07-07-2009, 03:41 AM   #31
liza

Model: 8800
Carrier: asdf
Default Cannot install Blackberry plugin for Eclipse 3.4.2

Hi I have installed Eclipse 3.4.2. But i am the following error while installing the Blackberry plug-in.
An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
Error closing the output stream for
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,net.rim.eide,1.0.0.67.
Exception connecting to .blackberry.com/Download.
Unconnected sockets not implemented
Exception connecting to blackberry.com/.
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,net.rim.eide.bootstrapper,1.0.0.67.
Exception connecting to .
Exception connecting to blackberry.com/
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,net.rim.eide.doc,1.0.0.67.
Exception connecting to /

Please tell me what to do
Old 07-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #32
plevintampabay
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wow - I had hoped they would have fixed that by now. You could try downloading the plugin files directly from the RIM web site. However even there, many people have had problems downloading their zip files. I know of no solution except to keep trying.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #33
kittuseo

Model: 7100
Carrier: development job
Arrow affordable web services

I do ask that if you find an error, or something does not work, please post the problem, and hopefully the solution.

www[dot]seoguruonline[dot]com
Old 09-29-2009, 03:22 AM   #34
nirmalsat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Vodafone
Default Source not found

Hi,
I have installed eclipse with all the settings and configurations that u mentioned in versions 3.4.0, 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 with blackberry plugin version 1.0.0.6.7 . When i debug and after a break point has hit when i try to step ( with F5) Eclipse throws an error saying " Source not Found" ..

Could anyone help me out with this..
Old 11-11-2009, 07:12 PM   #35
skotstanford

Model: 8310
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default engineering screen

Can anyone tell me if I can get the simulator's engineering screen (cntrl+shift+H) on my 8320?
Old 03-15-2010, 03:34 AM   #36
niansh

Model: 8520
Carrier: No Carrier at the moment
Default Is there a any way to integrate NetBeans

Hi, Eclipse IDE is a good development platform. But NetBeans is also equally good and many people like me are using this platform for development. I want to integrate BlackBerry Emulator to the NetBeans as early as possible. There are some links in some old posts and forums but those links are not working. I desperatly need to integrate BlackBerry Emulator with the NetBeans IDE. Please help me out of this situation. It will be really a great help to me. If the question is not valid, please let me know. But I think the question is surely a valid question, many of us wants to integrate BB emulator with NetBeans. I have already started a thread, but not getting any response.

Best Regards.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #37
nirmalsat

Wirelessly posted

You are not getting any response cos i dont think a lot of ppl have tried. Plus the official blackberry site only gives instructions on using Eclipse..SO most ppl dont really bother , though Eclipse ( in many ppls view) is a little sluggish and painful to use. But i dint really have much problem using eclipse and more importantly most posts (something u already know) are directed towards using Eclipse.. So.... !!!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #38
agibmisbah

Model: 8250
Carrier: a

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotstanford View Post
Can anyone tell me if I can get the simulator's engineering screen (cntrl+shift+H) on my 8320?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 05-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #39
hsalamat

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: Setup up Eclipse for BlackBerry development

I have done all the above.. installed the latest Eclipse 3.6, JDE 4.7, and the plug-in. I can not see "BlackBerry" under "Project" in Eclipse. I checked in the items installed and Blackberry plugin are all there.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #40
madboy

Model: 9700
Default Re: Setup up Eclipse for BlackBerry development

thankx for sharing