BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
xenapistia

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AllTel/Now Verizon
Default Switching from an 8130 to an 8330. Yes or no?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I have received quite a bit of help on previous decisions with my Pearl by scanning CrackBerry forums, and they seem to ignore me. Ahaha. Here is my current predicament.

I currently own a Pearl 8130, and as much as I love it, I'm running into more problems, now that I have started school again and been working so much.
Obviously, being a student, I use my phone as a datebook and planner primarily. I've been using StudentDocket for this, which I've loved.
However, now that I'm working and going to school so much, my time at home is extremely limited, and I find myself using my BlackBerry on the go, causing the need to download many applications, FaceBook, MySpace, an array of instant messengers, ColorID, Vlingo, as well as a few othe apps I use in my downtime in between moments of chaos.
I've also turned to my BlackBerry for email correspondence between both my teachers and my family. I have 4 different e-mails connected to my BlackBerry.
I'm also someone who has a different ringtone for each person, photo ID and all the little customizations.
I'm finding corrosondence through e-mail difficult, and I find my BlackBerry lagging often, and it getting worse as I need more apps. Obviously the typing and corrosondence will be easier with a full QWERTY, so my question lies here.
I'm in love with the look and feeling of a Curve 8330 in my hand. I love that the interface won't change too much, but will it help my lagging problems?
And if anyone has switched from an 8130 to an 8330 and thoroughly enjoyed it?
I just want to make sure it will be beneficial to me before I go out and buy one.

Thank you for reading this overly extensive question and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by xenapistia; 10-21-2009 at 05:34 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

no.
you need a much newer device with more internal memory to handles all the apps you want to download.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
xenapistia

I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer.
All of the devices above things like the Curve and Pearl have so many capabilities that I know I would never use.
Either way, which device would you suggest?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Your only options on Verizon are the storm and the tour.
Both do exactly the same as the 8330, except they have more memory.
they dont have capabilites that the 8330 doesnt have already.
tour is closest to the curve, as the storm is touch screen.

the 8330 has 96mb of memory vs the 8310 64, so you'll have a bit more, but for full future proofing, id recommend the tour.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

compares the tour and 8330

Old 10-21-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
scottjb
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I had an 8130 and tried an 8330. It just felt too big after using the 8130 for two years. If you need more memory for apps and like the small size, look at the Flip 8230--the Tour and Storm are not your only choices. I now use the 8230 and love it. It also has more memory than the 8330.

Last edited by scottjb; 10-21-2009 at 06:31 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
xenapistia

At one point I was thinking about the 8320, but due to the communication I take part in on my phone, I need the full. I'm also worried about cost, even on eBay.
I just need more memory, no matter how minute, or a way to fix my memory problem.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

You cant "fix your memory problem"
the 8330 does have more memory, as long as you dont download too many apps, you should be fine.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
lbrty9
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

I just switched from my Pearl to the Tour and after just a week am convinced it was the right move. I am now able to use many more apps with ease, they screen is much easier to use and it's obvious there is a great deal more capacity here.
Closed Thread