Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
rasicoc

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Question Outlook Calendar <--> BB Calendar Sync Issue

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

This is my first post on here, but I have been perusing the board for a while now. I have an 8330 that I have setup without any issues until now. I spent the last couple of days looking through this forum and have found solutions to problems that are very similar to mine, but not close enough to fix it, so if I have missed a thread that covers this I am sorry and you can just direct me to the right place.

Ok so my problem.

I have my calendar sync to the BB through DM, I want to keep my past appointments on my desktop, but only keep a very minimum amount on my BB. I have my the DM sync both ways, because I add appointments both on my desktop and my BB. When I sync though it wants to delete the old appointments from outlook.

Is there a way to set it up so it leaves old appointments alone on the desktop, but deletes them from the BB and still sync both ways?

Thank you in advance,

Charles
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
jjmach
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830

Hello,

are you deleting the appointment from your BB then sync? if so that's why it keep trying to delete it from outlook, on the calendar options you can change the time it should keep the appointments on the device, the default is 60 days, you can change it to 15 days if you want, so that will delete the appointment from your device but will leave the one on outlook.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #3
rasicoc

I am not deleting it manually from the BB. I just have the options set to only keep them for 15 days. Like you are indicating. But the sync is trying to delete everything that is old from Outlook as well.

Charles
Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
rasicoc

Okay now it seems to be working fine.

Here is what I did. I backed up my appointments on the desktop and went ahead and allowed DM to make the changes it wanted to. Then I re-imported all the old appointments and resynced again. DM synced everything back, but my BB only has the past 15 days of old items on it.

I will report back here if I have further problems, but for anyone that has a similar problem as me the answer is to Backup your outlook calendar and then let DM do its thing. Then import back in your old appointments.

Charles
Closed Thread