Old 01-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
BAhern

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Blackberry Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

Hello- first post here.

I am wondering if anybody has any information at all on Blackberrys (of course!) and connecting to a meru wireless router.

At the place I work at we tend to have Meru wireless routers as they are best fit for many users connecting at one time, and they just don't seem to connect. It can see the wireless router, but when I attempt to connect it says 'Failed to authenticate'.

The wireless router in my office is a Cisco router and I can connect to this perfectly fine.
I spent a day or two struggling to actually put on the right certificates for our wireless network so would be a shame to fall at the last hurdle!

I would be very appreciative if any one can shed any light on this !

I'm using the Torch.

Cheers in advance..
Old 01-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Blackberry Wireless

I looked on their web site and found they offer end to end service. They do not show any documentation indicating a user could do his own setup. My suspicion is the wireless security key your using is wrong. They do not seem to encourage the users to do any configuration. If you have a contact, give them a call. The routers don’t seem to be anything special. Most if not all wireless routers allow multiple users at one time and the Meru does not seem to be any different.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
BAhern

Model: Torch
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default Re: Blackberry Wireless

Hi tsac ~ Cheers for reply,

My authentication cannot be wrong as we use our standard network user name and password to connect to wireless routers around campus & I manage to authenticate to Cisco wireless routers perfectly fine, I do not change any authentication input between attempting to connect to different model routers, but the Meru's seem not to let me connect.

I believe all wireless routers are set up exactly the same around campus, and I can connect to any type but the Meru's.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
batsnapper

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Unhappy Re: Blackberry Wireless

Facing the same problem with Meru 320i's. No, it is not a credential issue. Disappointed there is not more discussion on this. We are chasing the manufacturer (Meru) now. I'll post any findings.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
batsnapper

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T
Arrow Re: Blackberry Wireless on Meru

Here's the answer, or rather a definition of the problem from Meru:

Hi Steven,

This is a known issue with RIM devices. With Vcell turned on the RIM devices attach themselves to the parent beacon and refuse to take the per station BSSID we assign them. The only resolution we have right now is to do exactly what you did, create a seperate ESS profile and hide the turn SSID broadcast off. This issue has been brought up with RIM and they are working on resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Joe Limprecht

Meru Support

Last edited by batsnapper; 05-05-2011 at 07:25 PM..
Closed Thread