Old 12-28-2006, 04:56 AM   #21
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky
So I see from the website, that it is not supporting 72XX models.
Yes, we currently only support 87xx and Pearl in the BlackBerry family (also some PalmOS devices and some Windows Mobile devices).
Old 12-28-2006, 05:20 AM   #22
bevy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

A warning:

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN USING THIS APP.

I use multiple calendars within Google Calendar (one for work, one for personal stuff, etc), and when I synched using xxxxxxxxxxxxx it deleted 17 of my events! (note: I made ABSOLUTELY sure that my BB calendar db was completely wiped before testing this software; these deletions weren't because of erroneous data on the BB). This wasn't the end of the world, as I had made a semi-recent backup of my calendar, but STILL, this was a significant turnoff for me.

Secondly, I have switched to using my private ical URLs for xxxxxxxxxxxxx so the app truly has only read only access (in order to prevent further deletions). Additions to my calendar can be done via SMS to 48368 (Google Calendar SMS service).

However, another MAJOR downside of this app is that "all day events" within Google Calendar do NOT get translated properly to the calendar software on my 8100. Every single "all day event" ends up being listed as starting at 12:00am and going to 11:55pm. Because I often have 5-10 all day events listed within my calendar, this significantly impacts the overall navigation and usability of the BB calendar. (sidenote: I am running the latest version of the software, obtained OTA from the xxxxxxx website)

I would very much like to see these issues addressed. If, at the very least, the all day event issue can be resolved, I will quite likely end up buying this app, as it is thus far the closest working sync method for Google Calendar.

Any response, xxxxxxx?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #23
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevy
A warning:

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN USING THIS APP.

I use multiple calendars within Google Calendar (one for work, one for personal stuff, etc), and when I synched using xxxxxxxxxxxxx it deleted 17 of my events! (note: I made ABSOLUTELY sure that my BB calendar db was completely wiped before testing this software; these deletions weren't because of erroneous data on the BB). This wasn't the end of the world, as I had made a semi-recent backup of my calendar, but STILL, this was a significant turnoff for me.

Secondly, I have switched to using my private ical URLs for xxxxxxxxxxxxx so the app truly has only read only access (in order to prevent further deletions). Additions to my calendar can be done via SMS to 48368 (Google Calendar SMS service).

However, another MAJOR downside of this app is that "all day events" within Google Calendar do NOT get translated properly to the calendar software on my 8100. Every single "all day event" ends up being listed as starting at 12:00am and going to 11:55pm. Because I often have 5-10 all day events listed within my calendar, this significantly impacts the overall navigation and usability of the BB calendar. (sidenote: I am running the latest version of the software, obtained OTA from the xxxxxxx website)

I would very much like to see these issues addressed. If, at the very least, the all day event issue can be resolved, I will quite likely end up buying this app, as it is thus far the closest working sync method for Google Calendar.

Any response, xxxxxxx?
A pretty strong statement.

We have many satisfied customers and nothing has ever been deleted because of this app that wasn't explicitly deleted by the user (e.g. if you delete an event on your Google Calendar, then it will delete that event on your BlackBerry. If you "wipe" your BlackBerry, then it will delete those events on your Google Calendar. That's the point.)

The all-day event problem is a workaround of a BlackBerry API bug.

Please email us at [email address] and we can help you get this working for you.
Old 12-29-2006, 03:25 PM   #24
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

Myself being one of the satisfied customers. Ixxx8217;ve found that if I do run into a problem, a quick email to them and with the speedy response lessens the frustrations.

Very nice application.

~MrKyoo
Old 12-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #25
ibrg
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 0000
Carrier: T-Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo
Myself being one of the satisfied customers. I’ve found that if I do run into a problem, a quick email to them and with the speedy response lessens the frustrations.

Very nice application.

~MrKyoo
Same here: Kudos!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:05 AM   #26
barnolan

Model: Pearl
Carrier: cingular

Thanks for the great review and discussion. I have to say that this application is a perfect fit for my and my fellow co-workers needs. I just downloaded the trial, and can't be more pleased with the results. And I concur, gcalsync has some work to do, but right now xxxxxxxxxxxxx is a great application for those SB users that need the flexibility of online / BB calendar without the cost of BES
Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #27
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnolan
Thanks for the great review and discussion. I have to say that this application is a perfect fit for my and my fellow co-workers needs. I just downloaded the trial, and can't be more pleased with the results. And I concur, gcalsync has some work to do, but right now xxxxxxxxxxxxx is a great application for those SB users that need the flexibility of online / BB calendar without the cost of BES
Thanks for the kind words.

We give discounts for bulk sales, and we will tweak the software for small businesses at no charge except for the standard per-license fee, minus the discount of course.

Also, there are certain professions that we believe can use the software but not necessarily afford it, and in those cases we give the software away.

Our current focus in this regard is on High School teachers and administrators. If you are interested, then please send email to [email address] and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #28
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxx
A pretty strong statement.

We have many satisfied customers and nothing has ever been deleted because of this app that wasn't explicitly deleted by the user (e.g. if you delete an event on your Google Calendar, then it will delete that event on your BlackBerry. If you "wipe" your BlackBerry, then it will delete those events on your Google Calendar. That's the point.)

The all-day event problem is a workaround of a BlackBerry API bug.

Please email us at [email address] and we can help you get this working for you.
At the request of another customer, we now offer the option of choosing to have all-day events imported to your BlackBerry be 0-length events starting at 12 am, or be events starting at 12 am and going to 11:55 pm.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #29
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbydog3
My 2 cents, been looking for a good OTA sync for BIS client for months.

Running 7130c on Cingular and I just download xxxxxxxxxxxxx and so far so good.

More to follow in a few days.

One question, is there a special version that will display correctly on my 7130c screen? The program seems to be geared for those widescreen devices.
We have user reports of the software working on a 7130, but we have not tested on that platform ourselves.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 PM   #30
saraiya
No longer Registered.

We now offer autosync. So far, we have been able to offer all upgrades as free, so existing users can use their old keys with the new software.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:34 AM   #31
abbydog3

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular

The new version is a no go on my 7130c with Cingular. The prior version worked like a champ.

:(
Old 01-09-2007, 02:05 AM   #32
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
The new version is a no go on my 7130c with Cingular. The prior version worked like a champ.

We have never offered this software for a 7130, but we have had user reports that it worked on those.

Note that this new software is exactly the same as the old if you turn autosync off in the Settings page.

We will be happy to reinstitute whatever version worked for you on your phone. Please send email to [email address] and we will take care of it.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #33
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Thanks for the new version of xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ixxx8217;m impressed with the new features added.

~MrKyoo
Old 01-09-2007, 06:09 PM   #34
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:

We have reports of the software, with the new feature, working fine on a 7130. Please do send email to [email address] so that we can get it working for you.

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #35
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Overall, this seems like a nice app. I'm running it on my Pearl.

One bug: If I choose Close instead of Save from the settings screen, I get an "Uncaught exception: close() called when not displayed." error. The settings get saved, but the app closes. If I choose Save from that screen everything is fine.

I'm curious why it needs to foreground itself to do autosync. It seems like it should be able to share the data connection with other apps just fine, and run in the background. (And, hold off on syncing if you're on a phone call until the call is done.)

Also, is the data transfer time related to the number of days I set up or the number of events I have? Meaning if I put in a large number for the Days field, but don't have a lot of events over those days, will it take much longer to sync?

Last edited by metsfan; 01-26-2007 at 11:20 PM..
Old 01-11-2007, 04:11 PM   #36
saraiya
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan
One bug: If I choose Close instead of Save from the settings screen, I get an "Uncaught exception: close() called when not displayed." error. The settings get saved, but the app closes. If I choose Save from that screen everything is fine.
We are aware of this bug, but have held off fixing it in preference to adding features.
Quote:
I'm curious why it needs to foreground itself to do autosync. It seems like it should be able to share the data connection with other apps just fine, and run in the background. (And, hold off on syncing if you're on a phone call until the call is done.)
This is to preserve data consistency. The application takes on the order of a minute to run, and if you modify or delete events in your calendar while it is running, then those changes won't get propagated. This way, you can't change those events while it is running.
Quote:
Also, is the data transfer time related to the number of days I set up or the number of events I have? Meaning if I put in a large number for the Days field, but don't have a lot of events over those days, will it take much longer to sync?
It's related to the number of events, not the number of days.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 PM   #37
metsfan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxxxx
We are aware of this bug, but have held off fixing it in preference to adding features.

This is to preserve data consistency. The application takes on the order of a minute to run, and if you modify or delete events in your calendar while it is running, then those changes won't get propagated. This way, you can't change those events while it is running.

It's related to the number of events, not the number of days.
Thanks the quick reply. I still think I'd want it to run in the background somehow instead, but not sure exactly how it work. I just don't like the idea of the program foregrounding itself all the time.

Also, I'd love to be able to schedule a sync time instead of the "every x hours" way. This way I could just have it do it every night while I'm asleep, and not worry about it being in the foreground. Also, when I reset, it would continue to do it automatically without me having to run the program and sync once.

Last edited by metsfan; 01-26-2007 at 11:22 PM..
Old 01-12-2007, 12:55 AM   #38
jse75

Model: Pearl
Default Another positive view of xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to second the recommendations for xxxxxxx's excellent product, xxxxxxxxxxxxx. I've been using it the BlackBerry Pearl for myself and my wife in the last few weeks, and it is wonderfully effective.

The support staff are excellent and respond to emails within hours (or faster!). They have added two features I requested within days.

I've tried several products to sync online calendars (Google, Yahoo) to smartphones, and xxxxxxxxxxxxx so far is the best one for me. I like the ability of the Yahoo calendar to sync with Windows Mobile, but it's only available for Windows Mobile and seems to be left out of the new Yahoo Go beta they introduced at CES. And it only lets you view one calendar (yours). xxxxxxxxxxxxx lets you view multiple Google calendars on your BlackBerry (or Palm, or Windows Mobile device), and it is easy to see which one is which (you can choose a label to put before each entry to tell you what calendar it is from). So, I have switched from Yahoo to Google Calendar, gave my wife a Google Calendar and a Pearl for the holidays, and now we're in business.

I am very happy with the product, it is inexpensive at $19.95 per license, and it is very effective.

I hope they can do one for the Apple iPhone

I have no affiliation with the company other than being a happy user.

I know I'm preaching to the converted in this thread, but, since people may not know about xxxxxxxxxxxxx and they will search and find this thread, I figured I would chime in.

Jason
Old 01-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #39
elpha
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by jse75
I hope they can do one for the Apple iPhone
why would you need to do calendar syning on the iphone? if the browser is as sophisticated as apple claims you could just load google calendar.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:55 PM   #40
Chinasaur
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Z30

Nice product I'm not slamming the app. A lot of work went into this.

As a Macintosh user, I hope you all do well. We have been ill-served by PocketeMacxxx8482;, and this solution is a bit cheaper than the upcoming MissingSyncxxx8482; app AND does OTA syncing, which neither Mac product does/will do. I am not using it after the short testing I performed, don't know if the issues I had were due to me or the product. Some resutls for you.

8700g. 5 main calendars in my Google cal. All events for those sep calendars came down to the device and were placed in the correct dates - however...

Test #1

1. Sync'd fine. Left app at default "add 7 days". I did not clear my BB prior to syncing my uploaded calendars. I ended up with duplicate events for those seven days.

Test #2

2. After deleting Google cals, tweaking my iCal events to not be infinite, re-uploading to Google, purging 8700 calendar - The events came down BUT, they all had a 4:00PM 1969 date on them :( I purged both Google and device again, and received the same results.

Was getting late and had to reload Calendar, so that's all I had time for. if you would like further information, or want me to test further, let me know...

Overall, obvious care went into this app and it shows and it most definately had the potential to be a "must have app" for BIS users.

Luck!
Closed Thread