Old 04-23-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
xlouise17x

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Default Facebook Notifications

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

Really hope you can help as I'm lost here!

Got the 8110, had it a few months and couldn't live without it. Facebook application was fantastic although there was a few things on there which weren’t on there which I would have like ie FB chat but I got used to the Facebook Blackberry app and thought it was great until.... about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications when I received a new facebook message, didn’t get a notifications via email or facebook.. in the end I got used to it and occasionally checked on the website but now I have stopped getting notifications completely!! I have deleted and re-installed a number of times (last time I done that was yesterday so now have the new version of facebook) but still nothing. Checking statuses, sending messages, updating status etc is fine I just don’t get notifications anymore and I have tried everything.

I have tried going onto my settings online and changing all notifications off saving then turning them on again as well. I don't even get an email when i got a new wall comment or anything!!

I don't understand as it used to work perfectly so I can’t see any reason for it to have stopped working :s

Any suggestions on what I could do would be much appreciated.

Louise
Old 04-23-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
zocster
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: ask
Carrier: Vodafone NZ

what OS have you got running I am running the O2 version of the latest 4.5.0.124 release and my facebook hasn't missed a beat especially with the 1.5 now, how is your push email have you set that up yet, I have the same email address for the one pushing to my mobile and the facebook notifications, may be try re sending your service book.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #3
krzellers

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

I have had the same problem with FB. It worked perfectly for months and then all of the sudden stopped all notifications. I re-installed and checked my notification settings, to no avail. I don't know what you mean by "push email" or re-sending my serivce book. Can you explain that?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
skyman84
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: ask!
Carrier: O2 UK

The facebook notifications run from the email account you have set up on your BlackBerry.

I'd log into your BIS service (or where ever you set up your mail from) and reset up your email address.

You;ll probably find that if you're using something like Hotmail it just going to be something as simple as having to varify your password (which you have to do with Hotmail every 60 days i believe).
Old 06-03-2009, 07:37 AM   #5
nasheng

Model: 8120
Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem too. It should have nothing to do with one's email acct setup. (I have mine set to my yahoo acct and there's no password expiration) I am only getting superpokes but nothing else.I've done the reinstall thing, the new service books, everything. I'm going to check my settings one more time to see if there's anything I missed.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
skyman84
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: ask!
Carrier: O2 UK

Honestly guys, give it a go, delete and reset up your email accounts and see how it go's, can't hurt.
Closed Thread