Old 12-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
jase0626
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
PIN: 319DE112
Carrier: VZW
Default VZW 8130 and Missing Sync/Pocket Mac

Please Login to Remove!

Ok here is the background. I just purchased a mac after several years, love it. It came with OS X 10.5.1 I guess that is the latest OS. Also just just purchased a Blackberry Perl 8130 from Verizon, love it.

Here is the issue, I have tired the lasted releases of both pocketmac and missing sync, all I get from either is my perl crashing and restarting, I have also just plugged the perl in to my macbook with nothing installed same result. Screen goes white, the light turns red and when I unplug it from the usb I get the verizon splash screen and it reboots.

Any help would be great. I am thinking is something simple, or I am hoping for that.

Thanks,

Jase
BB 7510 -> 7520 -> 7100i -> 7520 -> 8703e -> 8830 -> 8130
Old 12-18-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
poppijade

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Two sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase0626 View Post
Ok here is the background. I just purchased a mac after several years, love it. It came with OS X 10.5.1 I guess that is the latest OS. Also just just purchased a Blackberry Perl 8130 from Verizon, love it.

Here is the issue, I have tired the lasted releases of both pocketmac and missing sync, all I get from either is my perl crashing and restarting, I have also just plugged the perl in to my macbook with nothing installed same result. Screen goes white, the light turns red and when I unplug it from the usb I get the verizon splash screen and it reboots.

Any help would be great. I am thinking is something simple, or I am hoping for that.

Thanks,

Jase
As you obviously know, the blackberry first has to be mounted on your desktop. By mounted I mean you should see an icon on your desktop with either a name such as "blackberry" or "no Name". As far as a Mac is concerned, the blackberry is just a disk. Check the settings within your device and make sure your device is allowed to be mounted. It is also possible that your carrier may block such mounting on a Mac. Check with verizon if you are not sure.

Assuming your blackberry is visible on your desktop, then I suggest you make sure you use Missing Syn 1.03. You should be able to start that application and see its various plug ins. Unless you have your cell phone mounted, the software cannot syn between iCal,address book etc. Thus form your post information, I suspect you are unable to mount your Pearl.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
jase0626
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppijade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase0626 View Post

Thanks,

Jase
As you obviously know, the blackberry first has to be mounted on your desktop. By mounted I mean you should see an icon on your desktop with either a name such as "blackberry" or "no Name". As far as a Mac is concerned, the blackberry is just a disk. Check the settings within your device and make sure your device is allowed to be mounted. It is also possible that your carrier may block such mounting on a Mac. Check with verizon if you are not sure.

Assuming your blackberry is visible on your desktop, then I suggest you make sure you use Missing Syn 1.03. You should be able to start that application and see its various plug ins. Unless you have your cell phone mounted, the software cannot syn between iCal,address book etc. Thus form your post information, I suspect you are unable to mount your Pearl.
Where do I go to make sure my blackberry is mountable? Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
poppijade

Model: 8300
Default How do you know?

1. Go to options and look for media card or better yet....
2. Call Verizon since they are supporting the phone and they should have a good idea on how to proceed. And, they may have blocked the ability of your phone to mount onto a Mac. Your description of how your phone responds when you plug in the USB connection suggests your phone cannot be mounted on your computer because of the configuration of your phone. Macs are generally neutral when it comes to USB disks.
3. I have had no problems mounting the Pearl and the Curve onto my Macs, but I am using AT&T sourced phones.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:31 AM   #5
jase0626
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yea leave it to Verizon to block something. But I did get it fixed and it has to do with my Memory card.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:14 AM   #6
omie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

You first have to format the card in FAT32 using windows, it will then be readable in Mac OS X Leopard. I don't know why that is an issue, but after that Missing Sync will work as well as mounting.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #7
derby

Model: 8820

I only had my screen blank once. I had cleaned out all previous synch records, and I guess I did something incorrectly. I restarted the Mac, and the Blackberry started up fine.

I use PocketMac. After the problem I had, I reinstalled PocketMac, and all is well. The issue I was having had to do with duplicate entries in the address book, and I've solved that after carefully following their instruction posted in their help files online.

As for your Blackberry mounting on the desktop, that is only done if you have it's preferences set so it's recognized as an external disk. If you have it set this way, you must unmount it before disconnecting. This preference allows you to drag files onto and off the SD card.

Otherwise, PocketMac recognizes the Blackberry when the PocketMac application is started up.

I didn't get an error when I first installed my SD card, and indeed, the directions don't state that you need to format the card first. I did do it eventually though.

Unless the Media Card (SD Card) is set to "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" in Options>Media Card, then the Blackberry is not mounted on the Mac's Desktop when connected.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
derby

Model: 8820

I would try setting the Mass Storage option to off. Then I would install PocketMac again (because I've not used the competitor's product).

Be aware that if you have trouble with your records due to the previous problems, you have several options. you can reset the synch to "Reset Device To first Sync State", from PocketMac Menu Bar>Devices. Also, in your Library in Application Support, their are two files for cleaning out previous synced records and files, from both the Mac and the Blackberry. These utilities are sort of hidden away to avoid misuse. I used them and they helped.
Closed Thread