BlackBerry Forums Support Community

View Poll Results: How do you like this Theme?
Good 15 57.69%
Not so Good 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Stylish Today Theme - 8800

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Everyone I just finished a Today Theme for the 8800 and would like some feedback... let me know what you think. Also if anyone knows how to set up OTA downloads, i could set that up.

ALX - Number5d Theme
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Number5d - 1.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	8834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Number5d - 2.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	8835  
Old 08-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #2
SimonMac
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: :(
PIN: Absent :(
Carrier: None :(

The more Today Themes there are the better!

(subliminal hint for someone to create more for the 8300)
But still have the 1 Constant Headache?!?!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Here is the ALX for 8830/8300

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Old 08-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

If you could I would request that you create this same theme for the 8700g device running OS 4.2.1. If possible.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #5
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

you can try to use the 8800 link because it uses the same OS not sure if it will work though... if i get a chance i will try it out on my 8700g tomorrow
Old 08-16-2007, 12:01 AM   #6
bebo69
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
Carrier: AT&T

very nice,clean theme.Great work!!
Old 08-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #7
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: 23FDBBE4

It doesn't do a whole lot for me. I feel it is mostly a recolored/newbackground version of the standard Today theme.

Some of the graphics, such as the speaker volume highlighting, are poorly cropped. When using a gradient it usually has a defined border or fades in the background well. Also I'm not a fan of the variety of fonts. You've used 3 just in the header alone. Plazmic recommends, as they should, that you minimize the use of different fonts to keep a consistent look across the theme.

I do however like that your color choices are mostly tasteful rather than a mishmash of unmatching colors. My only suggestion with that goes back to the multiple fonts used and having 4 different colored (5 different in total) fonts just on the main today screen.

One last thing to take into consideration is how things ACTUALLY look on the blackberry. Your "Blackberry" carrier text has somewhat odd placement in the header. It also appears to dip below the cut-off line. Though that won't affect anything and may be purposeful.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #8
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

I actually have an 8100, but based on your screen shots, this looks very nice. Good job!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #9
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for the feedback benisntfunny, i was actually looking at some of the things you mentioned and have been tweeking some here and there. I like the 8700 fonts so i wanted to stay with the "jagged" eddges that it gives instead of the round ones but the fonts are just so big because that phone had a bigger screen and the Profiles icon wasnt in the banner like it is on the 8800 which i hate! I was trying to get rid of the Applications button at the bottom of the today screen and put profiles there because since we now have a specific button to access the applications why should there be an icon at the bottom... doesnt make sense to me.

Well i always say any feedback is good feedback. I'll get to some more tweeking and update the theme.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:55 PM   #10
benisntfunny
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 23FDBBE4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobb View Post
Thanks for the feedback benisntfunny, i was actually looking at some of the things you mentioned and have been tweeking some here and there. I like the 8700 fonts so i wanted to stay with the "jagged" eddges that it gives instead of the round ones but the fonts are just so big because that phone had a bigger screen and the Profiles icon wasnt in the banner like it is on the 8800 which i hate! I was trying to get rid of the Applications button at the bottom of the today screen and put profiles there because since we now have a specific button to access the applications why should there be an icon at the bottom... doesnt make sense to me.

Well i always say any feedback is good feedback. I'll get to some more tweeking and update the theme.

Thanks.

Yes I'd say your theme is very fixable, although you'd have to agree on my point that it is broken in certain areas. I'm also not always the best to ask about this type of thing perhaps I shouldn't have responded to begin with. I've been making skins for applications for awhile and have become incredibly nitpicky about what I like and what I don't. If you are just starting out in this type of thing a lot of my advice may come off as over the top, and I apologize for that.

With this particular theme I would just clean up a little bit of the theme and then stop development on it. Don't attempt to turn it into a whole new beast, save your energy for something new.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:32 PM   #11
aerobb
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes i am new into making themes but your feedback was much appriciated and since you said that i can see where it needs to be corrected and your right ... a little more then stop on it ... i already have a vision to make a today theme (i love the today theme) based on how the Verizon Zen theme looks.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
rpritch

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: telus
Default Days of the week

hi there..I have been using the these since its release and have only 1 issue...when using the calender (single day view), the day of the week being viewed (which is in the top right hand corner and listed as "SMTWTFS" is only slightly lighter than the other days not being viewed...this makes it very difficulty identify which day is being viewed...especially while driving....oops, I don't actually look at my calender while driving

Just a suggestion...thanks for the great theme
Old 08-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #13
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Nice opening theme. I look forward to you raising the bar as you become better versed with the technology.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #14
cidsky

PIN: N/A
Carrier: China Mobile

I can't download it.OMG
Closed Thread