BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:42 PM   #41
30PSI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Damn it I waited this long for this thing to be released and yet they decided to give it a "CLASSY" gold color
Old 08-31-2007, 10:26 PM   #42
jady

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapil View Post
etc? What else?

I was talking to someone in the executive escalation department at T-Mo and she mentioned that while there is WiFi, there is no H@H/UMA support in the 8320.

I wonder if the thing contains 3g hardware that can be enabled via a software upgrade when the network is ready.
Talked to my Tmob rep today and saw the promo material they gave out, it is H@H and the pic was of a black curve.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #43
infinity
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: t-mobile

Well,

I guess I didn't realize there was two different phones in the making here.

T-Mobile : 8320 Wifi and Cam
AT&T : 8820 Wifi and GPS ( which apparently AT&T has decided not to restrict the GPS like VZW did and renegociated with RIM)

Articles are reporting release dates in early September for the 8820 on AT&T and the 3rd week of September for Tmobile's 8320.

Well, glad I found this out because I couldn't care less for the mediocre cameras anyways...

I just want to be able to do SIP with the thing, which doesn't appear to be supported yet...

We'll see what happens. There's so many different people saying different things, it's all rumor.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #44
dtboos

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

gold
Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 PM   #45
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity View Post
Well,

I guess I didn't realize there was two different phones in the making here.

T-Mobile : 8320 Wifi and Cam
AT&T : 8820 Wifi and GPS ( which apparently AT&T has decided not to restrict the GPS like VZW did and renegociated with RIM)

Articles are reporting release dates in early September for the 8820 on AT&T and the 3rd week of September for Tmobile's 8320.

Well, glad I found this out because I couldn't care less for the mediocre cameras anyways...

I just want to be able to do SIP with the thing, which doesn't appear to be supported yet...

We'll see what happens. There's so many different people saying different things, it's all rumor.
Well regarding no SPECIFIC device the following MAY be helpful.

Error codes for Microsoft Live Communications Server
BlackBerry Search Results
Doc ID : KB05479
Last Modified : 2007-07-27
Document Type : What Is
Products & Services:

* BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange
* Microsoft Live Communications Server
* BlackBerry Devices
* BlackBerry Messenger
Old 09-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #46
infinity

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagga View Post

Products & Services:

* BlackBerry Devices
* BlackBerry Messenger
Not sure I follow you here sir...

In regards to SIP?
Old 09-01-2007, 01:26 AM   #47
mlefrancis

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT
Default 8300 8310 wifi

For the ones that opted for the 8310 a quick fix for the WiFi is Spectec microSD WiFi 11b/g Card SDW-823 at the cost of 149.99.

Spectec microSD WiFi Card SDW-823

mike
Old 09-01-2007, 01:31 AM   #48
Driften

Model: 8900

I plan on getting one when T-Mobile comes out with it.....

Last edited by Driften; 09-01-2007 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: said to much :(
Old 09-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #49
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlefrancis View Post
For the ones that opted for the 8310 a quick fix for the WiFi is Spectec microSD WiFi 11b/g Card SDW-823 at the cost of 149.99.

Spectec microSD WiFi Card SDW-823

mike
1 > Double post.

2> its slightly longer than a standard MicroSD Card.

3>
Quote:
The world's first microSD WiFi 11g card - with ultra low power consumption, this card can run up to speeds of 54mbps! Use in Windows Mobile Pocket PC and Smartphones - great for use with VoIP programs like Skype!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #50
AlexKidd
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

Quote:

Products & Services:

* BlackBerry Devices
* BlackBerry Messenger
Not really. The Blackberry 7270 is a SIP capable Blackberry out of the box which depends on BES. I bet that's what the error codes linked to above refer to. I believe phone service in the new WiFi Blackberry will ONLY work with H@H due to cannibalization of profit by the associated cellular carrier if a user were able to use a cheaper form of communications on their cell phone.

Nope - not going to happen. MAYBE someone can hack it, but definitely not "out of the box"

--Kidd
Old 09-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #51
serrano_yejo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Question

Manager at T-Mo (BOCA RATON) store explain something to me that the WI-FI is not for H@H only it could be used as data transfer also... there is a possibility that T-Mo could... raise the BB add on to $29.99 because of it... He told me thast in order to use the WI-FI you gotta have a data plan ... win - win situation for RIM and T-MO.

The only difference i see here is that if you add now the H@H for $9.99 if you decide to drop blackberry and use another UMA phone that pricing is already in your account until you decide but if you pay $29.99 (POSSIBLE BB CURVE DATA PLAN)and drop it ... if you pick up another UMA phone you will have to pay $19.99 ... $10.00 difference.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS???
Old 09-01-2007, 09:02 AM   #52
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTEL View Post
You obviously know nothing about beta devices, aside from official doccuments showing it as gold, a beta model being gold, you still think it is going to be silver or black? FYI T-mobile 8700g was blue not black so please think before giving us your worthless 2 cent installment.

Not to mention with the release a few weeks a way this is more than likely an official release version not an "evaluation model".
Before you start blasting someone look on the back of the phone with the pictures....that is an "evaluation" model or whatever you want to say.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:09 AM   #53
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye View Post
Before you start blasting someone look on the back of the phone with the pictures....that is an "evaluation" model or whatever you want to say.
All prerelease BB have that sticker. It doesnt mean that the colour isnt representative of the final version. (which it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrano_yejo View Post
Manager at T-Mo (BOCA RATON) store explain something to me that the WI-FI is not for H@H only it could be used as data transfer also... there is a possibility that T-Mo could... raise the BB add on to $29.99 because of it... He told me thast in order to use the WI-FI you gotta have a data plan ... win - win situation for RIM and T-MO.

The only difference i see here is that if you add now the H@H for $9.99 if you decide to drop blackberry and use another UMA phone that pricing is already in your account until you decide but if you pay $29.99 (POSSIBLE BB CURVE DATA PLAN)and drop it ... if you pick up another UMA phone you will have to pay $19.99 ... $10.00 difference.

WIFI does not require a data plan.

The price of the BB plan is not going up.

H@H for 9.99 is a promo price, if you sign up @ 9.99 you will keep it for the life of your contract at the very least. If you dont change your plan you may keep it indefinately.

"You need a special data plan to use wifi" is the same crap employees were spewing when the MDA was launched. It is false and anyone who maintains this is simply trying to boost their sales of data plans.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #54
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Question So close... but no black?

Man, what the hell?

I don't particularly care for the silver, and I definitely do NOT want the "blinged out" gold one.

Where's the black 8320 T-Mobile's supposed to be releasing?

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 09-01-2007 at 04:42 PM..
Old 09-01-2007, 03:37 PM   #55
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

i think the gold look pretty good.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #56
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

1. Everyone is saying "it doesnt look professional what will my clients say when they see it" fyi its not professional to use your phone while meeting with a client...
2. If you dont like the stinking color go to cnn.cn and order a silver housing or buy a skin to put over it get a leather casing
3. I think it looks more tan then gold but if its anythign like the "gold" pearl 2 pics that surfaced a couple days ago then it defenitly looks good

4. There are way to many internet tough guys......
Old 09-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #57
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Default Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrano_yejo View Post

CONFIRMED in another thread. in order for surfing on the "WiFi Browser" or BIS or BES to work over WiFi on the BB 8320 you MUST have a BB APN Enabled account on the currently installed SIM card. Simple as that.

My post above was to highlight that SIP was for the 7270 BB WiFi only model.

@rambo47 & CUSTEL - whatever the heck is going on between you too - pls refrain from trying to bunk the profanity filter and exchanging such words as "A-hole". Personally from my point of view its not really warranted and I'm sure both you can act like some gentleman and no need to handle this like some backyard brawl. We can agree to disagree and if points are shot down, take it easy and substantiate your point - helps the other person to see where your coming from. No need to be angry just be understood ;)

Cool? Cool!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #58
wako

Carrier: Tmobile USA

LOL...

I hope your name is AJ, goatspike, because BGR totally stole your pictures and put their logo on them and posted a story
Old 09-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #59
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
CONFIRMED in another thread. in order for surfing on the "WiFi Browser" or BIS or BES to work over WiFi on the BB 8320 you MUST have a BB APN Enabled account on the currently installed SIM card. Simple as that.

He was asking if a higher priced BB plan would be required to take advantage of wifi.

As you posted above a BB plan will be required to access wifi, but that plan will not be more expensive then normal.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #60
30PSI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

Guys the color of this 8320 has been somewhat bothering me so I called tmo 3 times today to speak with 3 different reps about the curve and they all pulled it right up from the system as far as the color goes they all said is greyish/dark blue(refer to the buttons?) and they all confirmed that it is not gold according to the picture shown in the system however gold will be the new color they offer for the 8100 series. Maybe if anyone else here care enough to give t-mo a ring and ask em about it like I did and confirm back here haha. At least there's still some hope that we won't be getting the pimp color that'll go with our crackberry addiction hehe.
Closed Thread