Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #81
perpetualjon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

What's even worse is that Apple signed a 5 year exclusive agreement with AT&T for the iPhone so this means that, unless AT&T updates their EDGE network anytime soon, the cellular internet feature on the iPhone will always suck when compared to EVDO which is exclusive to Verizon or Sprint. It also will limit international use of the iPhone. Not good...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 AM   #82
That70sGAdawg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9670
Carrier: Sprint
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDave View Post

I like settings and options and ways to really push my device to the limit. NOT a glass piece of crap that attempts to downplay what I should and should not have in my pda.

Just my 2 cents.
We all wouldn't be here at a forum if we didn't love to "tinker" with our devices. That bothered me the most about my iPhone- I hate the way they controlled everything- just to keep the average Joe from messing it up and causing support nightmares for Apple!
If we "break it" , we reset and fix it ourselves! That's half the fun.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #83
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have to raise my hand and testify that I am also now an iPhone owner...as of yesterday. So far, I it is the most fun I have had with a mobile device ever. I am sure the novelty will wear off soon, as it always does with new stuff...and I will see if it is indeed a keeper or not.

I actually traded my Curve for it with a member of another web forum, since he needed the BB for his work situation. I traded straight across...so it was a great deal for me financially speaking.

I had to get real about my priorities...and "push" mail was not one of them. It was a great thing to have available...but certainly not a need with me. The email display on the BB (even with the SmartView app I had) wasn't the best for HTML rendering...and the media was lacking. I'm not bashing the Curve...I still love the 8300 and miss it already...but the iPhone is (so far) more "me" than the BlackBerry. Although, yes...the non-tactile keypad takes some practice, and I'm not 100% yet.

We'll see...time will tell. I might be selling it in another month or two and buying a Curve again. You never know...
Old 08-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #84
cowboyL1FE
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Jumped ship from Verizon and plunked down $664 for my iPhone...and the verdict?
I took it back this morning. There was more wrong with it than I care to type about. Yes it was cool, and I loved being able to put all my purchased TV shows and music on it, but the email stinks, no customizable ringtones is ridiculous and the earpiece volume was unacceptable.

I got a Curve this morning and it blows my old BB 8830 out of the water.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #85
That70sGAdawg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Anyone else out there with iPhone fever- I'll make you a deal on my 8GB, in perfect shape(always had screen cover) iPhone - IF you are verified PayPal, PM me!

Nevermind- The phone is not availble.

Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 09-10-2007 at 01:44 PM.. Reason: no longer valid
Old 08-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #86
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyL1FE View Post
the email stinks, no customizable ringtones is ridiculous and the earpiece volume was unacceptable.
At least for me, email sync every 15-minutes is acceptable and all three of my email accounts set up easily...as simply as they did on my Curve. The standard ringtones are not the best...but they are 100% better than the standard ones BlackBerry has the nerve to preload on their devices. And...my greatest fear when waiting for the iPhone to come to me was that many had reported the too-low earpiece volume...not everybody, but a great number. To my great relief...my earpiece volume is very acceptable. Not as good as my Curve, I'll admit (it was LOUD), but I can hear fine in all situations.

I will admit though, that if you are a hard-line BlackBerry user...and are used to push email, then waiting 15-minutes is like an eternity!! LOL

Last edited by davistld01; 08-09-2007 at 02:57 PM..
Old 08-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #87
northerner

Model: ifone

for me the choice was simple - iPhone - it's the better device for *my* needs... everyone is different... but for me, it's more a personal device... my company won't allow employees with personal BB's to get onto our BES (licenses cost too much)... they only hand out company BB's to managers and such...

the design, interface, form factor, everything about the iPhone is what made me decide, but not until i had both devices in hand at the same time, and using them... the iPhone just suited me better.... ymmv...

cheers
Old 08-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #88
Chodaboy

Model: Curve
Default Curve Themes Anyone?

Anyone know where I can download some new themes for my Curve? I have stumbled accross the iberry ones but not too crazy about them.

Gracias!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #89
El Blackberry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I have to admit, I fell for the iPhone craze, I sold my at&t 8800 to get the iPhone, so after 45 days of playing with it - the novelty wore off. It was more problematic than i expected. I couldn't send a text to multiple recipients, no MMS, i could not send more than 1 pic. attachment with an email, no way to save attachments, speakerphone and sound quality were subpar, and if you talk more than 15 minutes on it it got pretty hot and your ears would hurt thanks to the glass of the phone not being flush with the end of the phone, there's a little edge that gets uncomfortable on the ear. I sold my 4gb iPhone last week on Craigslist for $400 and got a 8300 Curve - I am happy as a clam...life is good again. I'm not hatin', the phone is sweet as anything but not for my needs.

Last edited by El Blackberry; 08-18-2007 at 10:45 AM..
Old 08-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #90
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetualjon View Post
unless AT&T updates their EDGE network anytime soon, the cellular internet feature on the iPhone will always suck when compared to EVDO which is exclusive to Verizon or Sprint.
I have 3G HSDPA coverage at my house and place of work. I'm only stuck with EDGE speeds since RIMM (and APPLE) won't build HSDPA devices compatible with U.S. frequencies.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:52 PM   #91
Dnottingham4

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I say CURVE - We should all boycot iPhones until AT&T reverse their decision to cripple to 8820 GPS to telenav only.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:11 PM   #92
JR8700BIG

Model: Curve
Carrier: Cingular

I have both the iphone (personal) and the Curve (work) if i could only have one of them, i would definatly chose the Curve. The iphone is a great phone, but the keyboard is deffinatly hard to get use to. Also if you are some one that is an email freek, such as myself, the iphone is a pull system instead of a push, so it is not instant. You have to set it to check regularly. The iphone definatly has its perks, such as youtube, and the ipod music system.. Both are great.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #93
JAMESOJA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile
Default bump

I have been on the fence on this one, I have someone who can hardware unlock the iPhone but I cant decide which way to go. I will still have to keep one 8700 for work, and so the curve or iphone will be only for personal use. push email is not important at all for my personal needs. Your input is greatly appreciated here. iPhone of course is even more tempting with the price drop. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #94
juice901
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESOJA View Post
I have been on the fence on this one, I have someone who can hardware unlock the iPhone but I cant decide which way to go. I will still have to keep one 8700 for work, and so the curve or iphone will be only for personal use. push email is not important at all for my personal needs. Your input is greatly appreciated here. iPhone of course is even more tempting with the price drop. Thanks!
I have both a Curve and an iPhone. In my opinion...if you need something to help with your productivity then buy a Curve. If you want something for pure entertainment get the iPhone. It is a great toy/entertainment device. Since you already have an 8700 for work then go with an iPhone. If you ended up not liking it they are pretty easy to sell on ebay or craigslist or wherever.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #95
Noekozz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: att/verizon

I too thought about the Iphone as well, although I have not had the chance to play around with it yet. I was then tempted to drop $400 on the iPhone when the prices were slashed, but now that the Ipod Touch is out, I might apt for that. Not sure if $400 is worth 16GB's of media, but the built in browser and wifi support is something that I could probably use.

Time will tell, we'll see, but I'm definitely staying with my Curve.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 AM   #96
impalass96
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm on T-Mobile.. I will be upgrading my Pearl to a Curve and then purchasing the new Apple Touch, no need for the iPhone......
Old 09-10-2007, 12:28 PM   #97
razzmatrazz

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Tried out a friends, not impressed. Very sleek and I loved the way it fit in my hand but the lack of tactile response when typing, the whole message issue and having to send it back to have the battery replaced was too much for me to overlook. I'll stick with my Curve for now.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:10 PM   #98
JAMESOJA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T Mobile

excellent feedback thank you all. yes there are many concerns with battery issues and screens along with the lack of MMS support. I just wish it was the 24th already so TMobile will get theirs in stores.

Cheers!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:43 PM   #99
That70sGAdawg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Previous offer resended - i gave my iPhone to my Son.
The Apple "Locked down" OS system where you WILL pay for everything including your using your previously owned music for ringtones - is NOT for me.

I'm sticking with the Curve- until a Curve with built in GPS is available!

Last edited by That70sGAdawg; 09-10-2007 at 01:45 PM..
Closed Thread