Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #1
DaveTheA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Bell Canada
Default A bridge app for GPS?

Please Login to Remove!

Recently I downloaded the trial version of Magellan Compass for my Playbook. Seems like a pretty cool app, but it requires an internet connection to work. Reasonable, I guess...but if I'm lost in the boonies or driving around town trying to find an address, having to search out a Wi-Fi hotspot to use the app seems a little counterproductive.

Is it reasonable to hope for a PB GPS app that works with my phone GPS and Internet via the bridge browser? Would it be RIM or the app developer that would spearhead the creation of such a system?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
DaveTheA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Mods -- Please move this to the Playbook forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheA View Post
Recently I downloaded the trial version of Magellan Compass for my Playbook. Seems like a pretty cool app, but it requires an internet connection to work. Reasonable, I guess...but if I'm lost in the boonies or driving around town trying to find an address, having to search out a Wi-Fi hotspot to use the app seems a little counterproductive.

Is it reasonable to hope for a PB GPS app that works with my phone GPS and Internet via the bridge browser? Would it be RIM or the app developer that would spearhead the creation of such a system?
Please move this to the Playbook forum....I entered it here by mistake.
Old 06-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
Motorcycle Mama
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9930
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: A bridge app for GPS?

I would think that it is doubtful that you will see a Bridge app for this. You likely would need to use a tethering solution.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
DaveTheA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Re: A bridge app for GPS?

Mods -- Please DELETE this thread...I have rephrased my question in the Playbook forum... Thank you.
Closed Thread