MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajones19 View Post
...... Unfortunately it installed itself as the default browser (without asking), and I cannot find a way to remedy that short of uninstalling it........
Strangely, when I click on a link via email nothing happens. Nothing also happens when I select "Open In Opera Mini" and I've lost the option to "get link".
Old 09-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #22
NY_bb_O9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted

My 1st real app well actually my 2nd, I downloaded Shortcutme last night but it doesn,t appear to be too friendly.
This app is more of what I was looking for with the tabs for multiple web pages.
It doesn't look that easy but may be worth the trial and error.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
Shaolin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell

Anyone figure out if it's possible to use Opera to install any OTA software I don't need to download it with the original BB browser?

I just tried to install weathereye as a test and it wouldn't work.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #24
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Thumbs up wow

just loaded opera 5 on my 9500 storm it is running great. i loaded it with 4.7.0.151 and its running perfect, well almost perfect not sure if the storm will play youtube but i tried it and it wont. but surfing the web almost brings the storm to IPHONE level web wise also used the virtual keyboard its nice not having to click all the way down when typing in an address. great update
Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #25
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Seems that most apps these days are being made for newer BB's this beta seems to run slower then 4.2.2

I do liked the tabbed browsing and the new look.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
tbhuang2
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

I have an 8130 and I guess my hardware is starting to show its age because it's really, really slow.. not pages loading, but I have to wait almost a second for any kind of response... press the menu button, wait 1 sec, the little menu shows up. There is an annoying delay just from scrolling between things... this doesn't make me happy :( And I'm not expecting the final version to do anything about this issue; the new browser is probably just inherently more of a resource hog.

Edit: there is also no way to log into your Opera account to sync bookmarks, speed dial, etc!
-Threaded SMS

Last edited by tbhuang2; 09-16-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #27
funkym
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
Carrier: HK CSL
Thumbs up

The Tab Browsing is just awesome! I wish the BlackBerry Browser has that feature!
Old 09-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #28
MyPearl

Model: 9700

Here are the issues i have so far

1 Can not delete items in the speed dial page
2 can not past in URL
3 new problem where it is now the default browser. so when i click on link in an email, opera opens instead of BB browser... very annoying
Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 AM   #29
rajones19
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl View Post

2 can not paste in URL
3 new problem where it is now the default browser. so when i click on link in an email, opera opens instead of BB browser... very annoying
There was a method in one of the threads somewhere about how to change the speed dial page (but I don't rememeber what it is, since I uninstalled the app). At least they are editable if you know how.

Another big annoyance is having to click, scroll, click and click again to get out of the program. Exiting the program should be two clicks max; one would be better - and you shouldn't have to scrool all the way across the screen to get to the button. And if you DO scroll all the way over to the button, you SURE shouldn't have to click yet another 'confirm' button. Jeez, you did enough work to get over there, you wouldn't have done it by accident! It is a beautiful-looking browser, but they've put function way behind form, and that never works (speaking for myself).

Last edited by rajones19; 09-17-2009 at 05:00 AM..
Old 09-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #30
sesme
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

uninstalled. All I had was a blank screen and coul not get anything else. (5.0.0.190)
Old 09-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #31
egruber
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

This was a bad example of over-engineering a previously excellent product..at least for the Curve 8310. It was much easier to invoke commands with the menu key. Entering data in V4 was easier, too. The new UI means you are endlessly scrolling around with the trackball. And the text is much harder to read than V4. The new UI probably works better on the Storm, but I reinstalled version 4 on my Curve.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #32
cfjacksn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Thumbs up

Quote:

2 can not past in URL

You CAN delete items on the speed dial page. Well, it can be done on the Storm anyway. Just press down and hold your finger on the item you want to delete and a pop-up menu comes up with the options to either delete the speed dial entry, or edit it.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #33
Shaolin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Bell

Anyone else having problems trying to click on buttons while in Mobile view? I find that sometimes scrolling (IE. Putting in login/pw and then clicking on a submit button) that more often than not I CAN'T actually hit submit because it won't catch it.

Now running Full view and it seems to fix the problem, but still a hassle nonetheless.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #34
cfjacksn
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

As for the default browser question. If you click on a URL in an email, you're given the prompt to "Open in Opera Mini". However, if you click on a link in a message, You're asked if you want to continue to the link's web page.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:08 PM   #35
arieltf

Model: Z10
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post
Anyone else having problems trying to click on buttons while in Mobile view? I find that sometimes scrolling (IE. Putting in login/pw and then clicking on a submit button) that more often than not I CAN'T actually hit submit because it won't catch it.

Now running Full view and it seems to fix the problem, but still a hassle nonetheless.
Yeah, I'm having the same problem. On one site it won't recognize the password field and recognizes the username field and login button. So, I enter the username and click on the login button. Then the password field is recognized, and I can enter my password, but then I'm not able to click on the login button because it isn't recognized.

--Ariel
Old 09-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #36
NY_bb_O9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieltf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin View Post

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. On one site it won't recognize the password field and recognizes the username field and login button. So, I enter the username and click on the login button. Then the password field is recognized, and I can enter my password, but then I'm not able to click on the login button because it isn't recognized.

--Ariel
Same problem with sites. On some it won't let you near the user ID and on others it will not highlight the sign in button or let you into the password space.
I am also concerned on whether I have a trigger finger or their platform is nervously jittery as whenever I try to select an item from the menu it slides to a different selection especially when trying to capture the exit button.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 AM   #37
SMF

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:

2 can not past in URL
Item 1 - highlight the item and then press w. This will bring up a menu where you can clear the speed dial item. then press w again and you can enter a new item.

regards,
SMF
Old 09-18-2009, 11:54 AM   #38
MyPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfjacksn View Post
You CAN delete items on the speed dial page. Well, it can be done on the Storm anyway. Just press down and hold your finger on the item you want to delete and a pop-up menu comes up with the options to either delete the speed dial entry, or edit it.

Thanks! It worked on the pearl by holding down the trackball... did not see it in the help screen and this is very unintuitive for BBs. but now i like it

only if i can change my default browser to the BB one.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #39
MyPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMF View Post
Item 1 - highlight the item and then press w. This will bring up a menu where you can clear the speed dial item. then press w again and you can enter a new item.

regards,
SMF
Did not work on the pearl. but holding down the trackball did it.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #40
NY_bb_O9
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl

2 can not past in URL
As far as it becoming the default browser:
I went to bb set up wizard, clicked on application permissions and changed access from default to custom,then back to default access and a pop up said that I must reset device now or later.So I did it now (then).
After the boot a pop up appeared reading that Opera 5 had been terminated as the default browser. ;)
Closed Thread